• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I would of thought the house would be bigger.

But, WTF do I know. Seriously, I'm about as handy as my rat terrier.

You own a dog that has "rat" in the name?:gheyhi:

:laugh: J/K, my buddy has one and he's is a little clown...The only thing I don't like about him besides his size is he's scared of his own shadow...If another dog even looks at him, he'll start pissing right where he's standing.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It would be great if you only needed heat. Still need ductwork for A/C.
    The boiler I'm going to install is over 95% efficent. But it is an expensive install......very labor intensive and the boiler is not cheap.

What type of pex is it, and what is the operating temp going to be?

I'm going to build a prototype heater in the fall for the house using an old 200 gallon fuel tank with maybe 2 40,000 btu heat exchangers in it and tie it onto the duct work and use only when we are home to help cut down on neat cost.

My FIL has 50 acres of wood I can use and has plenty of old hardwoods that need to come down that would be perfect for me to use and thin it out some for him.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    What type of pex is it, and what is the operating temp going to be?

I'm going to build a prototype heater in the fall for the house using an old 200 gallon fuel tank with maybe 2 40,000 btu heat exchangers in it and tie it onto the duct work and use only when we are home to help cut down on neat cost.

My FIL has 50 acres of wood I can use and has plenty of old hardwoods that need to come down that would be perfect for me to use and thin it out some for him.
    Wirsbo.....by Uponor. They design entire systems.
    I have seen some wood burning home heaters.......some heating water for PEX tubing as well.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I would of thought the house would be bigger.

But, WTF do I know. Seriously, I'm about as handy as my rat terrier.

That's why I still have a job. If everybody could fix their own plumbing I would not be able to buy guns!!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You own a dog that has "rat" in the name?:gheyhi:

:laugh: J/K, my buddy has one and he's is a little clown...The only thing I don't like about him besides his size is he's scared of his own shadow...If another dog even looks at him, he'll start pissing right where he's standing.

My problem is the opposite. My little ankle-biter thinks she can take anything.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was getting ready to say 1500 to 1700 sq. foot

That's bigger than mine......I live in a little bitty house.

My house is 2950 sq. feet, got a deal to sweet to pass up.
    Almost 3 years ago got a new hybrid furnace put in (courtesy of Indianapolis International Airport and the FAA, thanks to federal noise standards) that cut my Jan and Feb bills from 450.00 to 500.00 a month on gas bills to $200.00 and my electric bill went down also because of the variable speed fan and overall efficiency.

The heat pump is rated at 9.25 HSPF (think that's right) and 16.5 seer on the AC. Backup heat source is a 97% efficient gas furnace. All components are of the Carrier Infinity system.

Carrier told me to expect 3600.00 savings the first 3 years ( I paid 3600.00 to upgrade it all to the hybrid) but I allready saved 3600.00 at the 2 year 2 month mark. So we got a separate savings account that we put 75.00 from our monthly savings to pay for a new system when we need one in about 15-17 years for now. Nothing like having it pay for itself enough to save for it's replacement and still come out $$$'s ahead.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I mowed the front yard in the dark tonight.

Can't wait to see the results in the morning. :n00b:

Trade ya on what yours look like, for mine. Mowed it almost one armed on a ZTR. Try that for 2.5 hours with a small forest that has grown. My FIL and MIL will be up here for the next two weeks to help me out around the house while the wife is at work. He said he'd mow for me, now all I have to do is teach the wife how to use it.

Of course, my neighbor across the street said she'd mow for me, but my wife might get miffed with an attractive doing the mowing for me.

Maybe I can use SE, he's not busy unless he's battling the growing stone.:D

Decisions, decisions..... enie, minie, miney mow. :hehe:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom