• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I need about 68 degrees in order to sleep.

68? Dang, I'm a super warm natured person, but that's really low...I'm not sure I'd want to see an electric bill if I kept my thermo that low, not that it'd be necessary anyway.

I like it around 72-74, with a ceiling fan on, to sleep.

I'm a human furnace...It's funny to see where Kara is on the bed in accordance to the temp outside; she's as far away as possible when it's hot and she's so close to me when it's cold she's virtually pushing me off of the bed.

It's only 64 outside up here. AC is not needed yet. But I guess that's an advantage of working 2nd shift. It's nice and cool when I get home :rockwoot:

I can't wait for the rain on Wednesday, it's suppose to drop down to 55.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My dang puppy is so spoiled and needy. He didn't get his daily walk and long toss fetch in, so I've had to spend the last 30 minutes playing tug-o-war with him because he kept sitting the rope on my lap and whining like there's no tomorrow...In his case, persistence won.:n00b:

He has honed in the precise pitch in his whine and found my breaking point.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I just caught up on all the closed religion related threads...my only comments are :n00b: :facepalm: and I believe I'll remain uninvolved in future threads.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Kara and I are watching natgeo and there's show on crazy stuff people can do...One of the topics was holding your breath.

According to the show, the "average" human can hold their breath for right around 1 minute...I just held my breath for 3:32 and I have a witness.

I knew I could hold my breath for awhile, but I had no idea I could hold it for that long...I know no one cares about this, but I'm amazed right now.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Kara and I are watching natgeo and there's show on crazy stuff people can do...One of the topics was holding your breath.

According to the show, the "average" human can hold their breath for right around 1 minute...I just held my breath for 3:32 and I have a witness.

I knew I could hold my breath for awhile, but I had no idea I could hold it for that long...I know no one cares about this, but I'm amazed right now.

We use to have contests holding our breath under water in the pool. I found if I relaxed and held as still as possible I could stay down much longer.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    We use to have contests holding our breath under water in the pool. I found if I relaxed and held as still as possible I could stay down much longer.

Yep, I always won those contests, but we never timed them...

It's definitely all about controlling your breathing and relaxing all muscles...One little twitch of a muscle takes extra oxygen.

I've been timed several times and it's always over 2 minutes, but 3:32 came as a shock...Especially since I hiccuped about 1 minute into it.

ATTENTION Fellow members of the Status Update Thread:

If you get the chance, hold your breath as long as you can and time it...I'd honestly like to know if 3+ minutes is common.

BJ71(Benny) over and out...I'm up way too late.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Last chance to sell my RamCharger today. Got a guy coming to look at it. If he don't buy it, it's back to figuring out how to haul it into Indy...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

jsquared1702

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

I was so confused when I was reading the posts and seeing people that just had time references until I read this one.... But holy cow 3:32 thats incredible! I had to try it and barely made 60 seconds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom