Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    The weird thing is, I'm a smoker too...Guess I just have big lungs.:dunno:

Im a smoker as well...I use to do alot of diving,both SCUBA and free diving. back when I was in HS/early college my record was a tad over 4 min..not awesome but still pretty good.
    now I can hold my breath for about half that.
    stopwatch.jpg

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I'm tired......I actually had to work today.

I had to poop in a 5 gallon bucket as well. Somebody was sleeping in the porta-john or something.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    1:03

Panic set in at :52, but I managed to restrain it and get that extra few seconds in.

I'm also sitting, though, I bet I could get another ten seconds on that standing.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Just did a repeat. 1:04.

I fail.

How are you smokers beating me?

whats that people say...mind over matter?:D
    the trick is to control your panic. you really cant pass out holding your own breath..
    try this{at your own risk of course}..hold your breath{lungs full} as long as you can..once panic starts to set in slowly release the breath and once your lungs are empty focus on something else and hold that as long as you can...practice makes perfect.
    we are built with an involuntary control mechanism which will not allow you to actually pass out or die...one might begin passing out but that "mechanism" will kick in and force you to take a breath.
    well trained free divers can hold thier breath upwards of 20-25min. though Im sure the Co2 being trapped in your blood system for long periods of time can not be good for you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    the trick is to control your panic. you really cant pass out holding your own breath..
    try this{at your own risk of course}..hold your breath{lungs full} as long as you can..once panic starts to set in slowly release the breath and once your lungs are empty focus on something else and hold that as long as you can...practice makes perfect.
    we are built with an involuntary control mechanism which will not allow you to actually pass out or die...one might begin passing out but that "mechanism" will kick in and force you to take a breath.
    well trained free divers can hold thier breath upwards of 20-25min. though Im sure the Co2 being trapped in your blood system for long periods of time can not be good for you.

I didn't realize the exhale counted.

Also, yeah, carbon dioxide levels above like, 9% are lethal after a certain amount of time.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    1:03

Panic set in at :52, but I managed to restrain it and get that extra few seconds in.

I'm also sitting, though, I bet I could get another ten seconds on that standing.

I would think standing would decrease your time, since you'd be using more muscles and taking more oxygen.

25 minutes? Get out of here!:eek:

And to think I was proud of my 3:32.:n00b:

I didn't realize the exhale counted.

Also, yeah, carbon dioxide levels above like, 9% are lethal after a certain amount of time.

I didn't either...I bet I could break the 4 minute mark if I really tried.

I'll try that out in a bit, but I'm getting ready to do some stuff around the house and don't feel like getting lightheaded.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Hi guys!

Just got back from my son's baseball (t-ball/pitching machine) practice. I'm the coach again this year. It is like herding cats!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom