• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ain't that the truth! :laugh: I was signed up to go into the air force when I was a Freshman. They were just waiting for me. Then I got glasses and at the time they didn't take laser surgery for pilots. I was so devastated I let my grades slip, I got into trouble, and pretty much said the hell with it. Then I grew up and wised up and realized I wanted to do something with my life only to find out I've been too big an idiot that I'm teetering on that line of acceptable and not acceptable. Just one stupid clerical error is the ONLY thing keeping me out and I intend to fix that or find someone who can see past that error.

Man, that's a bummer, SE. My eyes weren't good either. But, like you said, now they take people who have laser surgery, so I got PRK on both eyes and now I'm at 20/15 in both, so I'll be going the pilot route.

Glad to see you're still trying to get in, and I hope you get to realize your dream!

A buddy of mine graduated high school 2 years ago, joined the air force. He's in Intelligence. Can't say a whole lot what he does cause it's all top secret. I think that would be so neat. I was very close to joining the Navy when I was younger. Sometimes I wish I did.

That's one of the big reasons that I've decided to do it right out of college. I absolutely know for a fact that if I don't do it now, I will *always* be wishing I had done it. And there is no way I want to go through my life with that kind of feeling on my chest. So here I go... OORAH!

I just wanted to fly jets and blow stuff up! :):

:+1: Sounds good to me, too!

Top Gun was good, but my favorite was always Iron Eagle. The F16 is just so much better than the F-14. ;)

Netflix actually recommended Iron Eagle just yesterday based on the other movies I've watched and rated. I hadn't heard of it, so I kinda dismissed the idea. But now that you said that, I went back and added all 4 to my DVD queue. Weird though: 1, 3, and 4 are available for streaming, but 2 isn't. :dunno:

It's awesome if you know nothing about the F-16...... if you do then it will drive you insaine and raise your blood pressure.

Good thing I'm watching it now before I learn too much more about them! And don't you dare ruin it for me!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    OMG YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IRON EAGLE?!?!?!?

There are 4 in the series. It's AWESOME. Not one of them was bad. IMHO of course.

You thought the last 3 was good.:n00b:

You have now lost all my respect, 2 was not to bad, but killing off Masters that early in the movie was a mistake, 3 was a entire joke and 4 I didn't even watch because of the downward spiraling trend of the first 3.

I'm partial to the F-14's, fly at mach 2.4 and could turn on a dime and hand ya 9 cents back, plus target 7 bogies at 1 time. Riding in the backseat of one of those while my cousin was at the controls was pure joy!

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's awesome if you know nothing about the F-16...... if you do then it will drive you insaine and raise your blood pressure.

Very true. Especially all the copied flight scenes they used. Also, if you watch other movies like this one, you'll see they use the same scenes. Like in "JAG", they use a couple from Top Gun and Iron Eagle. I thought it was kinda funny. :):

You thought the last 3 was good.:n00b:

You have now lost all my respect, 2 was not to bad, but killing off Masters that early in the movie was a mistake, 3 was a entire joke and 4 I didn't even watch because of the downward spiraling trend of the first 3.

I'm partial to the F-14's, fly at mach 2.4 and could turn on a dime and hand ya 9 cents back, plus target 7 boogies at 1 time. Riding in the backseat of one of those while my cousin was at the controls was pure joy!

2 was good, not like the first, but still good. The third was the best of the last three. I mean, taking antiques up against modern jets?!?! That was awesome. The 4th was cheesy, but it was still good and wasn't too bad of an idea. I wish I could have found a program like that one. The CAP isn't too bad, but they don't do aerial combat. ;)

You just loved Top Gun for the volleyball scene.

Well now we know where your head is at.... IN THE SAND! :laugh:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I put a power steering pump and pressure hose on my wife's truck today. The hose is leaking. Brand new hose.....leaking at the crimp.:xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom