• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ours stinks fast too... Even when she's not in the shop helping. I think they were giving her a bath once, sometimes twice a week.

Twice a week is WAY too much...When I was giving Leonidas 2 baths a month his skin was flaking. I'd love to give him more baths, but the "experts" say you shouldn't bathe a puppy(or maybe full grown dog?) more than once a month.

I've been giving him a bath once every three weeks, but I give him a mixture of oatmeal and moisturizer shampoos(yeah, he's a pampered, little brat).

Cute pup by the way

Thank you, he's been a great addition to the family...Ever since my 13 year old GSD hasn't been able to live with me(can't climb stairs, so he lives with my parents), I've been yearning for a new puppy...I'm happy I have him.:)

Then don't do it stupid! :nuts: :laugh:

You're not the boss of me.

***Sticks tongue out like a child***

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Twice a week is WAY too much...When I was giving Leonidas 2 baths a month his skin was flaking. I'd love to give him more baths, but the "experts" say you shouldn't bathe a puppy(or maybe full grown dog?) more than once a month.
    hummm... I'll have to let the family know... they just give her a bath when she starts to stink. I haven't noticing her skin drying out or anything, but I'm not home that often.

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

I've been giving him a bath once every three weeks, but I give him a mixture of oatmeal and moisturizer shampoos(yeah, he's a pampered, little brat).

Thank you, he's been a great addition to the family...Ever since my 13 year old GSD hasn't been able to live with me(can't climb stairs, so he lives with my parents), I've been yearning for a new puppy...I'm happy I have him.:)

What are you feeding him?
    I have my dogs on the Blue Buffalo brand stuff. They seem to love it and their skin has improved. I had two dogs who dug at themselves until they bled. Not anymore. Compare what you are feeding him to this Blue Buffalo - Compare Dog Food with our Dog Food Comparison Test
    I just got my dogs a bag of Duck today.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

128340228652187500thebosswunts.jpg

simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    hummm... I'll have to let the family know... they just give her a bath when she starts to stink. I haven't noticing her skin drying out or anything, but I'm not home that often.

Some dog's skin are just prone to drying out. Unfortunately, I guess I have one that does.:n00b:

What are you feeding him?
    I have my dogs on the Blue Buffalo brand stuff. They seem to love it and their skin has improved. I had two dogs who dug at themselves until they bled. Not anymore. Compare what you are feeding him to this Blue Buffalo - Compare Dog Food with our Dog Food Comparison Test
    I just got my dogs a bag of Duck today.

Leonidas eats Exceed(lamb is the main ingredient); along with a steady dose of fresh fruits, veggies, deli meats and PLENTY of leftovers that many people would fight over to have(I love to grill and when I do, there's always delicious leftovers).

I have heard great things about BB, but with the amount of fresh produce I give my pup, it'd be too expensive to give him BB on top of it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Dude, quit trying to push me around, jerk!

(I said I'd never use purple text and I'm sticking to it in my own way.)

Ha. At family get togethers, the older cousins tell the young ones to say that to their parent's. It's usually a good time watching the reactions of the parents.

Haha, good stuff...Kara's late Dad(Allen) would tell the kids to go open up any present they wanted around the Christmas tree...Karen(Allen's wife/Kara's Momma) didn't find it as funny as he(we) did.:laugh:

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Some dog's skin are just prone to drying out. Unfortunately, I guess I have one that does.:n00b:

Could be...
    My fiance's Pit Bull doesn't have issues with dry skin, but if she goes running in tall grass she'll get a lot of little bumps all over her belly. She must have some kind of allergy, but they don't seem to bug her much. I suppose it all depends on the dog.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

Leonidas eats Exceed(lamb is the main ingredient); along with a steady dose of fresh fruits, veggies, deli meats and PLENTY of leftovers that many people would fight over to have(I love to grill and when I do, there's always delicious leftovers).

I have heard great things about BB, but with the amount of fresh produce I give my pup, it'd be too expensive to give him BB on top of it.

Sounds like a good diet. We have avoided foods with wheat gluten and any food that the first ingredient is corn. It is amazing how many of those are out there.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I'm supposed to have Friday through Sunday off...but the d-bags in management might make us work while they take the weekend off.
    Good luck! Hopefully you'll get some decent time off.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend. No school. No homework. Take the hardtop off the Jeep, swap it for the soft top. Take my fiance and my dog out to Polly's Freeze. Carry my pistol. Go shoot my pistol... All that fun stuff.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sounds like a good diet. We have avoided foods with wheat gluten and any food that the first ingredient is corn. It is amazing how many of those are out there.

Speak of the devil, we are stocking up and preparing to start our 5 year old on a gluten free diet...Xander definitely shows signs of ADD and we're going to give the gluten free diet a try...He's still in pre-school, but next year is kindergarten and we don't want him falling behind.

We've done quite a bit of research on the subject and many signs lead us to believe he has a gluten "allergy" or whatever you want to call it.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Speak of the devil, we are stocking up and preparing to start our 5 year old on a gluten free diet...Xander definitely shows signs of ADD and we're going to give the gluten free diet a try...He's still in pre-school, but next year is kindergarten and we don't want him falling behind.

We've done quite a bit of research on the subject and many signs lead us to believe he has a gluten "allergy" or whatever you want to call it.
    From personal experience; If he does, changing the diet should help.

I hated it, but it really helped in school (1st through 5th maybe 6th grade).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom