• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Did he have to pay extra for that? I want that option...Is that some sort of PPV?:laugh:

ACL surgery is CLEARLY different than an MCL or LCL, since it's behind the knee(I'm right, right?), but I'd definitely like to stay awake...I've never blacked out, passed out, been knocked out or been put under due to anesthesia and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can.

I've been put under for 1 thing. To have my thumb re-attached.
    I have also had nerve block that day.....in the severed end of the thumb.
    I have no way of describing that pain.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I clamped the tip of my right middle finger up in a machine. It didn't look like a finger when I unclamped it. Looking at it from the end it looked like a Y. The machine operator got ill from seeing me do it. It didn't hurt until the blood returned and then it hurt lots.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I clamped the tip of my right middle finger up in a machine. It didn't look like a finger when I unclamped it. Looking at it from the end it looked like a Y. The machine operator got ill from seeing me do it. It didn't hurt until the blood returned and then it hurt lots.
    Did it heal okay?
    A friend of mine smashed his in a tilt trailer. Turned the last joint into hamburger. All the doctor could do is wrap it up and hope for the best.
    It took a while, but it healed.
    I wasn't as lucky. I kept my thumb, but they fused the joint. My thumb only bends at the palm of the hand. It's better than a stubby thumb!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I destroyed the nail. They removed what was left of it and stiched up the nail bed.
    I got lucky and it grew back.
    It had a weak line, down the middle of it, for about 5 years and now that is gone and it is normal again.
    I was on a bowling league at the time and I finished the season out by bowling left handed. :)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

I did something similar last year..smashed my ring finger bad enough that "everything" blew out of the tip of the finger and a nail went throw the top of my middle finger at the same time...after the initial crush I really had no pain until the next day...the thing that hurt the worst was the shots the doc gave me under my finger nail.
    I think the worst pain I ever had was trying to walk home with a 12ga slug embedded in my leg and a close second was getting peppered in the hip and lower stomach with 12ga bird shot...imagine getting shot with a shotgun..going to the ER and the er doc telling you "there is nothing we can really do...the shot will have to push itself out". felt like getting stung by hundreds of ticked off hornets every time I moved.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I did something similar last year..smashed my ring finger bad enough that "everything" blew out of the tip of the finger and a nail went throw the top of my middle finger at the same time...after the initial crush I really had no pain until the next day...the thing that hurt the worst was the shots the doc gave me under my finger nail.
    I think the worst pain I ever had was trying to walk home with a 12ga slug embedded in my leg and a close second was getting peppered in the hip and lower stomach with 12ga bird shot...imagine getting shot with a shotgun..going to the ER and the er doc telling you "there is nothing we can really do...the shot will have to push itself out". felt like getting stung by hundreds of ticked off hornets every time I moved.

Yeeowie!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've been put under for 1 thing. To have my thumb re-attached.
    I have also had nerve block that day.....in the severed end of the thumb.
    I have no way of describing that pain.

Holy mackerel! You guys have some serious thrill issues!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Hey jclark and BE, no offense, but he wins.:n00b:

I'm now convinced I've never truly felt "pain."

***Knocks on wood***

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Oh yeah! you guys think smashed fingers are bad!! well right out of high school i started working at a pickle factory as a fork lift driver, after about a month of working there I had this uncontrollable urge to stick my well you know "my thing" in the pickle slicer. Well one day why everyone was on lunch I just couldn't hold back my urge any longer and I did it I stuck "my thing" in the pickle slicer, what happened you ask ? well I got fired, Oh and the pickle slicer well she got fired too!!. :D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    My apartment-mate has set off the fire alarms like 5 times since he moved in. How many times before he finally figures out to turn on the effin fan in the kitchen when his stuff starts smoking!?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Relic, how the heck did you end up getting shot twice?

1st time, I was deer hunting and some moron decided to shoot at me guess he/she thought deer started wearing orange vest and hats:dunno: he ran off when he realized what happen..never did find out who it was.
    second time was partially my fault..my dad,uncle and I where quail hunting and I was told to stay behind them..I ended up getting in front of them and down a hill in a thicket..my uncle was about 50-75yrds when he shot at some quail and I just happen to be in the line of fire,most all of the pellets that hit me where just under the skin..no major damage,just alot of bruising.

I also forgot about the time I shot myself:rolleyes: I was young..probably 8-9 or so. my dad was teaching me to shoot a pistol and my cousin thought it would be funny to run up behind me and pull my arm before I shot. when he pulled my right arm I pulled the trigger shooting my left hand..it was more of a crazing as it was at enough angle that it sorta "skipped" off the top of my hand between my pointer finger and thumb. it was more of a BAD burn than a gun shot wound. it sucked on my end but boy did my cousin get it..I remember my uncle chasing him down the gravel road at the range. when we where at the hospital the cops gave him one heck of a verbal beating! I guess when someone goes to the hospital for gun shot wounds the cops are automatically called because I remember talking to them all 3 times.
    I'm just an unlucky person..if something can happen it WILL happen to me.
    Ive been through everything from getting shot,falling from trees and breaking my collar bone,arm AND leg to hitting MYSELF in the BACK of the head with an ax. the accident with the ax left me with a stutter and an oddly shaped head:dunno::rolleyes:
    oh! and there was this one time I was grinding a screw driver on one of those big carbon cut off wheels{dont even remember why} the wheel snatched the screw driver out of my hand and slung it back at me..it hit my hand directly in the center and the only thing that kept it from going all the way through was the handle...my buddy freaked out and his first reaction was to pull it out! he grabbed it and yanked it out before I could even react.:rolleyes:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What is the definition of a "knee replacement?" I have an above average pain tolerance, but from what I am feeling, it seems like a "small" tear that can be fixed without removing or "replacing" anything.

Knee replacement is where they hack off the ends and replace with titanium parts by gluing them back in. You WANT to be asleep for that!

Small tears are fixed by removing the loose edges that cause inflammation and may require some stapling depending on the just how much of a tear there is. Lots of variables with ligaments depending on how little it is and up to a full tear.

Oh yeah! you guys think smashed fingers are bad!! well right out of high school i started working at a pickle factory as a fork lift driver, after about a month of working there I had this uncontrollable urge to stick my well you know "my thing" in the pickle slicer. Well one day why everyone was on lunch I just couldn't hold back my urge any longer and I did it I stuck "my thing" in the pickle slicer, what happened you ask ? well I got fired, Oh and the pickle slicer well she got fired too!!. :D

So you stuck "your thing" in the pickle slicer, but before you and the pickle slicer got fired, did you make the pickle slicer pucker for "your thing"?

Also was "your thing" referred by the pickle slicer as koshered?:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom