• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    worst day ever!
    fell at work and screwed up my wrist and ankle and now I have to wear a brace and got to PT once a week for awhile..no such luck getting off of work either..they just gave me a flippin moron to help me with things I cant do. and to top it off I have to work this weekend because {place two large soda companies here} decided they want to send us a truck load of CO2 tanks this Friday and they want them back by Tuesday morning..thats tested, re-valved,stamped and painted:rolleyes:
    guess thats what I get for looking forward to a weekend at the appleseed shoot.:rolleyes: I think Im gonna go to bed..at 7:30pm..woohoo!:n00b::nuts::xmad:

Could be worse. Look at it this way. You didn't blow the place up with you in it. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    worst day ever!
    fell at work and screwed up my wrist and ankle and now I have to wear a brace and got to PT once a week for awhile..no such luck getting off of work either..they just gave me a flippin moron to help me with things I cant do. and to top it off I have to work this weekend because {place two large soda companies here} decided they want to send us a truck load of CO2 tanks this Friday and they want them back by Tuesday morning..thats tested, re-valved,stamped and painted:rolleyes:
    guess thats what I get for looking forward to a weekend at the appleseed shoot.:rolleyes: I think Im gonna go to bed..at 7:30pm..woohoo!:n00b::nuts::xmad:

Dude.
    Sucks.

Tell Pepsi/Coke/RC to go get stuffed, tell your boss he can do the same, sue, and never work another day in your life. You deserve better than people not respecting your time. You rock! Get to healing, at the least, man.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Do you have any idea how long a guy in his 20's with 2 slight MCL tears would take to recover?

I'd get to stay awake during the procedure wouldn't I?

I had a full ACL replacement, and I was on crutches for something like 2-4 weeks (memory fades, it was 4 years ago). I had surgery in August, and by the following March I was out playing intramural Ultimate Frisbee with my physical therapist's OK. I imagine that for "2 slight MCL tears" you'd be good to go even sooner. My dad had his meniscus repaired about a year later ,and his recovery time was also much shorter than mine; he's approaching 60.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Do you have any idea how long a guy in his 20's with 2 slight MCL tears would take to recover?

I'd get to stay awake during the procedure wouldn't I?

Knee replacement ='s KNOCKED OUT with a nerve block.

I'll be out when they do the shoulder operation, tube down the throat, whole nine yards. 30 seconds after I'm under they will shoot the nerves running down my shoulder and arm with a nerve blocker so I won't have to be as heavily sedated and prevent movement while being worked on. It will prevent me from feeling pain for 12 to 24 hours after the operation, big down side of this will be that I'll have no feeling or movement in the arm till it wears off.

I've also been told by one of my supervisors who has has the same surgery that it'll feel like my arm is GONE!!:n00b:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    worst day ever!

Sorry to hear about the ankle and wrist, but this is better than 30 years ago when you was told to suck it up or get fired.

Now about those tanks needing to be ready by Tuesday.... You do know what's happening next weekend?? That's right 70,000 screaming nutty college fans in Lucas Oil for the Final Four.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I had a full ACL replacement, and I was on crutches for something like 2-4 weeks (memory fades, it was 4 years ago). I had surgery in August, and by the following March I was out playing intramural Ultimate Frisbee with my physical therapist's OK. I imagine that for "2 slight MCL tears" you'd be good to go even sooner. My dad had his meniscus repaired about a year later ,and his recovery time was also much shorter than mine; he's approaching 60.

Did you get knocked out or were you(and your Pops) awake?

BTW, what did you do to tear your ACL?

Knee replacement ='s KNOCKED OUT with a nerve block.

I'll be out when they do the shoulder operation, tube down the throat, whole nine yards. 30 seconds after I'm under they will shoot the nerves running down my shoulder and arm with a nerve blocker so I won't have to be as heavily sedated and prevent movement while being worked on. It will prevent me from feeling pain for 12 to 24 hours after the operation, big down side of this will be that I'll have no feeling or movement in the arm till it wears off.

I've also been told by one of my supervisors who has has the same surgery that it'll feel like my arm is GONE!!:n00b:

What is the definition of a "knee replacement?" I have an above average pain tolerance, but from what I am feeling, it seems like a "small" tear that can be fixed without removing or "replacing" anything.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Did you get knocked out or were you(and your Pops) awake?

BTW, what did you do to tear your ACL?

What is the definition of a "knee replacement?" I have an above average pain tolerance, but from what I am feeling, it seems like a "small" tear that can be fixed without removing or "replacing" anything.
    Joe I am not a doctor by any means.....But I think you may be looking at Orthoscopic??? surgery. Same day, little recovery, and little pain. That's what they wanted to perform on my knee.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Read my status from last night/tonight.

For us not FB guys, can we get some cliff notes?

Joe I am not a doctor by any means.....But I think you may be looking at Orthoscopic??? surgery. Same day, little recovery, and little pain. That's what they wanted to perform on my knee.

Thank God you aren't a doctor(surgeon)...Can you truly be sterilized before going into surgery? All that poopy has to start soaking in after awhile.:laugh:

On a more serious note, I completely agree...I'd be willing to bet I just need them scoped and I'd be good.

Anyone know the procedure? Do you stay awake? What's the recovery time?

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    For us not FB guys, can we get some cliff notes?:D

Thank God you aren't a doctor(surgeon)...Can you truly be sterilized before going into surgery? All that poopy has to start soaking in after awhile.:laugh:

On a more serious note, I completely agree...I'd be willing to bet I just need them scoped and I'd be good.

Anyone know the procedure? Do you stay awake? What's the recovery time?
    Recovery time is a few days to a week. I think you stay awake. I think they make a small incision in the side of the knee and snip the fragment off......or make repair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom