• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    just cleaned my shotgun cause i was to lazy to clean it after last times use, cause were shooting clays tomorrow

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Do you have any idea how long a guy in his 20's with 2 slight MCL tears would take to recover?

I'd get to stay awake during the procedure wouldn't I?

I had a full ACL replacement, and I was on crutches for something like 2-4 weeks (memory fades, it was 4 years ago). I had surgery in August, and by the following March I was out playing intramural Ultimate Frisbee with my physical therapist's OK. I imagine that for "2 slight MCL tears" you'd be good to go even sooner. My dad had his meniscus repaired about a year later ,and his recovery time was also much shorter than mine; he's approaching 60.

Knee replacement ='s KNOCKED OUT with a nerve block.

I'll be out when they do the shoulder operation, tube down the throat, whole nine yards. 30 seconds after I'm under they will shoot the nerves running down my shoulder and arm with a nerve blocker so I won't have to be as heavily sedated and prevent movement while being worked on. It will prevent me from feeling pain for 12 to 24 hours after the operation, big down side of this will be that I'll have no feeling or movement in the arm till it wears off.

I've also been told by one of my supervisors who has has the same surgery that it'll feel like my arm is GONE!!:n00b:

Did you get knocked out or were you(and your Pops) awake?

BTW, what did you do to tear your ACL?

Oh yeah, forgot to answer that part of the question. It is up to you if you want to stay awake. When I had my ACL replaced, I didn't want to be awake, so they just put something in my IV and I passed out in the room where they prepped me and when I woke up, I was already back in the room and my leg was numb and the deal was done. The nerve block hurts like a trucker when it eventually wears off, though!

My dad, on the other hand, when he had his meniscus fixed, he opted to stay awake. He even watched the little TV that had the feed from the scope in his leg.

I tore my ACL playing basketball. It was actually a 2-incident injury. First part... It was one of those moves where you jump stop through two defenders (split the D) then go up strong for a short shot in the paint. When I landed, my left knee went sideways, but I still managed to jump to take the shot before I even realized my knee was hurting. I heard it snap back into place while I was in the air. Needless to say... I missed the shot.

The doctor told me it was just a strain and told me to take it easy for 6 weeks to let it heal. So, in the 6th week, I started taking it easy... jogging a bit.. helped out at a summer camp with the soccer sessions. Knee felt fine. End of the week, another counselor and I were just gonna play a little one-on-one: *first* move I made, tried to push off that knee, and it collapsed under me. That was the day that it actually tore clean through. Ouch.

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Knife is better than "BONE SAW" :D

bonesaw.gif

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My dad, on the other hand, when he had his meniscus fixed, he opted to stay awake. He even watched the little TV that had the feed from the scope in his leg.

Did he have to pay extra for that? I want that option...Is that some sort of PPV?:laugh:

ACL surgery is CLEARLY different than an MCL or LCL, since it's behind the knee(I'm right, right?), but I'd definitely like to stay awake...I've never blacked out, passed out, been knocked out or been put under due to anesthesia and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'm watching the first season of Weeds. There was a drive by at the supplier's house, and the lady pulled out a Serbu Super Shorty...I was impressed.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Did he have to pay extra for that? I want that option...Is that some sort of PPV?:laugh:

ACL surgery is CLEARLY different than an MCL or LCL, since it's behind the knee(I'm right, right?), but I'd definitely like to stay awake...I've never blacked out, passed out, been knocked out or been put under due to anesthesia and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can.

LOL well I wasn't interested in being awake for it, so I specifically told them I wanted to be knocked all the way out. I think the "default" is to keep you awake if possible.

I've been knocked out once (very briefly, literally ran into somebody who was also running coming around the corner of a building) and put under for surgery twice (ACL + to fix my broken nose). I don't mind it too much, but it is weeiirrdd to wake up some place where you weren't when you were last conscious.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm watching the first season of Weeds. There was a drive by at the supplier's house, and the lady pulled out a Serbu Super Shorty...I was impressed.

Good show. I JUST finished Season 5 about a half hour ago. I looked up Breaking Bad, but it's only available on disc - not for streaming.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Every time I try to go to be either Black Hawk Down or Tears of the Sun comes on. These are two of my favorite movies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom