• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    So even joking about it is verboten? My apologies if my comment was inappropriate.

There's a fine line between "joking" and deliberately pushing buttons or getting your digs in while claiming that it was a "joke". I would suggest that until folks get used to the new rules and things settle down a bit, you err on the side of caution in this regard.

Thanks.

Other words the Mods are tired of subtle :stickpoke: designed to look like a joke.

We have a lot of members on here who like to do this, and sometimes I get real tired of seeing it.

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    It really doesn't matter. The owner has said no text quoting . <- period.

i think youre missing my point..

the owner has said no text quoting as an immediate ( and appropriate) reaction to a threat.

my point is that i feel that after some research and verifying that a legal compromise may be found.

imho

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    admittedly i did not read the article talking about the other site that was closed down.

that being said.

i would think that quoting sections of articles or documents with appropriate credit given should be ok or else every research paper in the country would immediately be subject to litigation. I would think that maybe a lawyer or someone here who is married to a lawyer may, be consulted to the stipulations of what would be considered plagarism or etc..

im sure that once this is properly investigated it will be found that with proper documentation and credit given to authors that maybe the dreaded rule # 2 can be re worded in a way to allow relaying pertinent information from documents written by others..
    just my 2c ....

And please don't bring the discussion into this thread!! It does not belong here!! Thank you.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Will be back later on, we must do something that we have been regretting for this day to arrive. Sadly a member of IBM's and Mrs. IBM's pet family will not be returning.:stretcher:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I feel for the mods and fenway here. A decision was handed down, one like we hand down every day in our life when we have kids. We make the decision, we stand behind it. A child is going to try to get you to change your mind, he'll whine, kick his feet etc. In the end it doesn't change our minds.

Now someone please tell me why we as adults can not understand a decision was made? Why can we not understand that no matter how much kicking and screaming we do, it isn't going to change. For fenway and the mods, it isn't one child, it is a large group of grown men and women who feel like they deserve more. They kick and scream louder and won't let it drop. Some even go to the point of leaving. Well those are the smart ones IMHO. Don't like a decision, log out and don't return.

We are guests here, a rule, or judgment if you may, was passed down. Live with it or get out. Stop with the whining and kicking and screaming. If you were my son we'd be in the back room with the paint stick remembering why you follow orders that are given.

geezus with that I am going to go visit with my son for awhile, at least he isn't whining and crying over the rules yet this morning.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Will be back later on, we must do something that we have been regretting for this day to arrive. Sadly a member of IBM's and Mrs. IBM's pet family will not be returning.:stretcher:

Sorry to hear that Don!! I had to put my best friend down in Jan!! it's never fun!! but you can take peace in the fact that they are not in pain any more!! Best wishes my friend!!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I feel for the mods and fenway here. A decision was handed down, one like we hand down every day in our life when we have kids. We make the decision, we stand behind it. A child is going to try to get you to change your mind, he'll whine, kick his feet etc. In the end it doesn't change our minds.

Now someone please tell me why we as adults can not understand a decision was made? Why can we not understand that no matter how much kicking and screaming we do, it isn't going to change. For fenway and the mods, it isn't one child, it is a large group of grown men and women who feel like they deserve more. They kick and scream louder and won't let it drop. Some even go to the point of leaving. Well those are the smart ones IMHO. Don't like a decision, log out and don't return.

We are guests here, a rule, or judgment if you may, was passed down. Live with it or get out. Stop with the whining and kicking and screaming. If you were my son we'd be in the back room with the paint stick remembering why you follow orders that are given.

geezus with that I am going to go visit with my son for awhile, at least he isn't whining and crying over the rules yet this morning.

:+1: Mrs G very well said!! but I'm outa rep at the moment!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom