Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Your last post makes me feel like you are making fun of my mental disability... As a differently challemged person I am a member of a protected class, I am going to file a complaint against you under the Americans wtih Disabilities Act...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Your last post makes me feel like you are making fun of my mental disability... As a differently challemged person I am a member of a protected class, I am going to file a complaint against you under the Americans wtih Disabilities Act...

pssst... you might want to listen to these guys:

Some just want to push everything too far.

DO NOT test the MODs patience on this new rule and do not nit pick or try and see how close to the line you can get with out crossing it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So even joking about it is verboten?

There's a fine line between "joking" and deliberately pushing buttons or getting your digs in while claiming that it was a "joke". I would suggest that until folks get used to the new rules and things settle down a bit, you err on the side of caution in this regard.

Thanks.

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    admittedly i did not read the article talking about the other site that was closed down.

that being said.

i would think that quoting sections of articles or documents with appropriate credit given should be ok or else every research paper in the country would immediately be subject to litigation. I would think that maybe a lawyer or someone here who is married to a lawyer may, be consulted to the stipulations of what would be considered plagarism or etc..

im sure that once this is properly investigated it will be found that with proper documentation and credit given to authors that maybe the dreaded rule # 2 can be re worded in a way to allow relaying pertinent information from documents written by others..
    just my 2c ....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom