8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: July 22, 2024​

Indianapolis, IN - July 21, 2024 just before 9:00 p.m., Indiana State Police Dispatchers received information about shots fired from one vehicle towards another on I-465 near the 14 mile marker. Moments later, ISP was notified of a possible gunshot victim at a gas station on 10th Street near I-465. Responding officers from IMPD connected the gunshot victim with the report of shots fired on I-465, ISP responded to investigate. The victim was a 18 year old male who was the driver of a grey pick-up truck, the passenger in the truck was not injured. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    Preliminary investigation by Indiana State Police Detectives determined the victim was driving southbound on I-465 when another driver pulled along side of him and fired several shots into the driver's door of the truck. The suspect was driving a grey passenger car and fled the scene after the shooting. The shooting victim drove to a gas station and called 911 for help. Investigators believe the shooting was a result of a road rage incident.
    Anyone who may have witnessed this incident, or was in the area of I-465 and 10th Street between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. July 21, 2024, and has a vehicle equipped with dash cameras, is asked to contact the Indiana State Police at 317-899-8577.
    This investigation is ongoing and there is no further information to release at this time.

State Police section divider

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Just another day in I dy.
    Sorry if this was already posted.

The south side Indy road rage shooting made ASP.

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    These are wild

Last winter
    I had a guy pass me in a school zone off Arlington Ave, next to a stopped bus. I flashed my brights at him. He proceeds to get out of his car the next 3 stop lights and yell at me and flail his hands all around wanting me to get out and fight .

I calmly sat in my truck and waited for his hissy fits to stop while having my firearm close by

Luckily he didn't do anything too stupid

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    These are wild

Last winter
    I had a guy pass me in a school zone off Arlington Ave, next to a stopped bus. I flashed my brights at him. He proceeds to get out of his car the next 3 stop lights and yell at me and flail his hands all around wanting me to get out and fight .

I calmly sat in my truck and waited for his hissy fits to stop while having my firearm close by

Luckily he didn't do anything too stupid
    When people get stupid around me I take out my phone and hold it like I am taking a video of them. Sometimes I am taking a video and sometimes I am just holding the phone. It doesn't seem to matter. They always swear and actually start behaving.
    I try to get them while they are still in their car and driving stupid - they usually stay there.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Highway "snipers" are one of the worst scenarios for feeling helpless. I remember going to and from work in downtown Col OH during that sniper scare. Wasn't fun.

At least road rage you feel you have some control.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Was in the car pick up line at my child's school today and had been waiting for 15 or 20 minutes. As the line moves forward, the vehicles that line up are on a few different intersecting streets and alternate pulling into the main pickup area. One car from this street, one car from that street. There's a common etiquette established and it's worked perfectly until today.

The vehicles in front of me are alternating normally like any other day.
    I pull up and the person at the opposite side of the intersection goes, then I start pulling behind to take my turn.

The vehicle that was behind the one that had just turned, darts into the intersection honking and I can hear someone screaming through an open window.

This woman jumps out of her car and just starts screaming at me. What the fu*k do you think "you is" doing? I was here first, move yo fu*king a**, You ain't been waiting in line you just pulled up, etc. I calmly said I'm just taking my turn pulling forward and to have a great day.

She walks close to my driver door and says "I should shoot you in your fu*king face".

I nodded and said thanks for letting me know, have a great day. She screamed fu*k you again and got in her car. I backed up to let her go first since it was so important to her and she circled around and tried to get in front of the vehicles behind me to intimidate me? I'm not certain.

So yeah, people have lost their damn minds. Super fun.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was in the car pick up line at my child's school today and had been waiting for 15 or 20 minutes. As the line moves forward, the vehicles that line up are on a few different intersecting streets and alternate pulling into the main pickup area. One car from this street, one car from that street. There's a common etiquette established and it's worked perfectly until today.

The vehicles in front of me are alternating normally like any other day.
    I pull up and the person at the opposite side of the intersection goes, then I start pulling behind to take my turn.

The vehicle that was behind the one that had just turned, darts into the intersection honking and I can hear someone screaming through an open window.

This woman jumps out of her car and just starts screaming at me. What the fu*k do you think "you is" doing? I was here first, move yo fu*king a**, You ain't been waiting in line you just pulled up, etc. I calmly said I'm just taking my turn pulling forward and to have a great day.

She walks close to my driver door and says "I should shoot you in your fu*king face".

I nodded and said thanks for letting me know, have a great day. She screamed fu*k you again and got in her car. I backed up to let her go first since it was so important to her and she circled around and tried to get in front of the vehicles behind me to intimidate me? I'm not certain.

So yeah, people have lost their damn minds. Super fun.
    She's lucky. I would have called the cops on her for that threat to shoot. You are more gracious than I am .

Then again I have a very low threshold for threats like that.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    She's lucky. I would have called the cops on her for that threat to shoot. You are more gracious than I am .

Then again I have a very low threshold for threats like that.
    School admin was notified immediately and came out and talked to both parties.

Come to find out she is employed at a local daycare and was picking up one of their children for after school care.

She is no longer allowed on that schools property and who knows what will happen with her employment. But she is the victim, she made that clear.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    School admin was notified immediately and came out and talked to both parties.

Come to find out she is employed at a local daycare and was picking up one of their children for after school care.

She is no longer allowed on that schools property and who knows what will happen with her employment. But she is the victim, she made that clear.
    It's tough to keep your composure. You did well.

Top Bottom