• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Although this thread reminds me of the greatest thing I ever saw happen on the highway. From a thread 10 years ago:

Reminds me of my favorite karma story. So I'm headed up 65 to a conference in Chicago. There is a carload of "urban youts" that is having fun with motorists north of Lafayette. Pacing them in the left lane, forcing them to slow down for slower traffic, then slowing down when the other motorists gets behind them to pass.

They played this cat and mouse game several times with one motorist, then it was my turn. I'm pretty mellow so it was only slightly annoying. They finally got tired of me not getting angry, so as the passengers started laughing hysterically and motioning at me almost like they were flashing gang signs (they werent, but I think you get the picture of how amped they were). Suddenly the driver floored. it. Off he went at over 85, maybe 90 up and over the hill with the entire car yucking it up having a grand old time...

I crested the hill just in time to see "work zone, 45 MPH" with a state trooper 100 yards beyond the sign. He lit them up still at speed and pulled them over. I was about 50 yards behind the officer as he exited his car. I saw the trooper slam his door, aggressively adjust his hat downward and begin the march (with a SERIOUS purpose... Parris Island purpose) toward the car. From behind I could tell he was having NONE OF IT. If those poor kids didnt end up walking home after having every last orifice examined I'll be surprised. 85 in a 45 work zone is mighty steep penalty. I almost ran off the road giggling like a schoolgirl. It made my MONTH.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That’s awesome. The only thing I’ve ever experienced that even comes close to that is having some kid tailgate me in a hopped up Honda Civic and letting him go by and seeing him get busted just after he went around me.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I wonder how much of today's road rage is the result of less ISP troopers actually patrolling traffic on the roads? Maybe I'm off base here, but you rarely see troopers on the highway, other than when holiday federal tax dollars are overtime funding?

Around here anyway, according to scanner app traffic, ISP's main job is to back up local law enforcement. Seems as if local law enforcement and ISP is at the mercy of top heavy political bureaucrats, who make up these department's administrations?

:scratch:
    I don’t buy it.
    People are freaking mentally ill.

On a 15 mile trip to a wedding this afternoon we passed 4 or 5 cops, one a state, which is way more than normal.
    In downtown Noblesville there were two cars under a green light waiting to turn left when it turned yellow. (I was the second car) As the oncoming guy tries to run the light as first car starts to turn then sees what’s happening and stops. Guy gets stopped kinda out in intersection and we go on, and he’s the one flipping us off.
    Complete dork.

To your point, maybe they’re using the same logic in all areas, not just in areas like inner city slums where it’s easy for ‘us’ to point and say ‘ya I wouldn’t go there either, let them eat their own’

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don’t buy it.
    People are freaking mentally ill.

On a 15 mile trip to a wedding this afternoon we passed 4 or 5 cops, one a state, which is way more than normal.
    In downtown Noblesville there were two cars under a green light waiting to turn left when it turned yellow. (I was the second car) As the oncoming guy tries to run the light as first car starts to turn then sees what’s happening and stops. Guy gets stopped kinda out in intersection and we go on, and he’s the one flipping us off.
    Complete dork.

To your point, maybe they’re using the same logic in all areas, not just in areas like inner city slums where it’s easy for ‘us’ to point and say ‘ya I wouldn’t go there either, let them eat their own’
    People are definitely crazier than they used to be.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ragers gonna rage...

I saw this happened the other day in Beech Grove and just saw Guy shared the video...

This article goes into greater detail on why it's possibly self defense. Sounds like it to me

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    Some folks are absolutely crazy. Funny how some people think their dumb actions are justified, but if you get ready to defend yourself you're instantly the bad guy in their mind. Not saying this one is that scenario, but as someone who rides, the amount of cars with drivers who should not be on the road is way too high

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was to the front and left of the person that was recording. Not something I care to repeat, nor do I recommend.

I don't see anything in that video that depicts roadrage :dunno: Maybe i can't see it all since I don't do twitter or X or spacebook

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I was to the front and left of the person that was recording. Not something I care to repeat, nor do I recommend.

Good to know in Marion County you're still put on hold when you call 911...
    I don't see anything in that video that depicts roadrage :dunno: Maybe i can't see it all since I don't do twitter or X or spacebook
    There are a few additional videos on Twitter in the comments. I can't tell if the car brake checks the truck (don't believe so) but he's definitely slow rolling.

When it opens up to two lanes, truck passes car. Car hangs back a minute then gets next to white truck, illegally passes a non involved vehicle in the left lane, then you can only hear, but not see.

No reason for any of this to happen...

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Good to know in Marion County you're still put on hold when you call 911...

There are a few additional videos on Twitter in the comments. I can't tell if the car brake checks the truck (don't believe so) but he's definitely slow rolling.

When it opens up to two lanes, truck passes car. Car hangs back a minute then gets next to white truck, illegally passes a non involved vehicle in the left lane, then you can only hear, but not see.

No reason for any of this to happen...
    I was the non involved vehicle. It ended with the other video Guy posted.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    Welp, that went about as you'd expect.

Hopefully no INGO members made an appearance in this vid.:(
    I drove by about 15 minutes after it happened, while using my alternate route from Greenwood Airport to the East side. Then, today I take 65 up to Raymond coming home and what do I run into? Full blown SWAT situation at Raymond & Bethel! INDOT needs to get these damn interstate repairs completed ASAP so I can take my normal, no po-po route to and from work!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Had what is a "common situation" amongst motorcycle riders....

Somebody making a left hand turn while paying no attention.

Should I throw eggs at the mother *****?

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    Had what is a "common situation" amongst motorcycle riders....

Somebody making a left hand turn while paying no attention.

Should I throw eggs at the mother *****?
    I usually just rev bomb and give 'em the 1 finger salute, different story if they decide to try and follow or exit their vehicle in an intersection though

Top Bottom