8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: July 22, 2024​

Indianapolis, IN - July 21, 2024 just before 9:00 p.m., Indiana State Police Dispatchers received information about shots fired from one vehicle towards another on I-465 near the 14 mile marker. Moments later, ISP was notified of a possible gunshot victim at a gas station on 10th Street near I-465. Responding officers from IMPD connected the gunshot victim with the report of shots fired on I-465, ISP responded to investigate. The victim was a 18 year old male who was the driver of a grey pick-up truck, the passenger in the truck was not injured. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    Preliminary investigation by Indiana State Police Detectives determined the victim was driving southbound on I-465 when another driver pulled along side of him and fired several shots into the driver's door of the truck. The suspect was driving a grey passenger car and fled the scene after the shooting. The shooting victim drove to a gas station and called 911 for help. Investigators believe the shooting was a result of a road rage incident.
    Anyone who may have witnessed this incident, or was in the area of I-465 and 10th Street between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. July 21, 2024, and has a vehicle equipped with dash cameras, is asked to contact the Indiana State Police at 317-899-8577.
    This investigation is ongoing and there is no further information to release at this time.

State Police section divider

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Just another day in I dy.
    Sorry if this was already posted.

The south side Indy road rage shooting made ASP.

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    These are wild

Last winter
    I had a guy pass me in a school zone off Arlington Ave, next to a stopped bus. I flashed my brights at him. He proceeds to get out of his car the next 3 stop lights and yell at me and flail his hands all around wanting me to get out and fight .

I calmly sat in my truck and waited for his hissy fits to stop while having my firearm close by

Luckily he didn't do anything too stupid

nonobaddog

Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    These are wild

Last winter
    I had a guy pass me in a school zone off Arlington Ave, next to a stopped bus. I flashed my brights at him. He proceeds to get out of his car the next 3 stop lights and yell at me and flail his hands all around wanting me to get out and fight .

I calmly sat in my truck and waited for his hissy fits to stop while having my firearm close by

Luckily he didn't do anything too stupid
    When people get stupid around me I take out my phone and hold it like I am taking a video of them. Sometimes I am taking a video and sometimes I am just holding the phone. It doesn't seem to matter. They always swear and actually start behaving.
    I try to get them while they are still in their car and driving stupid - they usually stay there.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    Top Bottom