• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't think I've seen a shooter shoot stage three in any raw time that wouldn't make MA. I mean, in any division we're talking 13, 14 and 5- easily doable by just about anybody. It doesn't mean a shooter can see what they need to see that quickly, and that is more important on stage 3 in my opinion.

My main thought from that was me actually being able to see the why and how of what I was doing right and wrong. Aside from the classifier earlier in the year every other classifier was a marathon to get through and by the end I just wanted to get through it and wasn't able to take anything away from it to use for the next time. The WSSC primer actually gave me a chance to just be a shooter and get nearly instant feedback from the score so for once I can go into a classifier with more of an actual game plan than just a go fast plan.

Dead-Eye Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Evansville
    I need some help on powder for reloading 9mm and 45acp. If you could share with me what powder you find best for accuracy in IDPA competition I would appreciate it. I'm shooting 9mm in pistol and 45acp in revolver.

Thanks

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I think any powder that is recommened will do just fine for idpa IMHO. Just test your loads and see where the sweet spot is for that setup.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    "A competitor from Michigan did fall and badly break his leg. Please keep this shooter in your thoughts and prayers. He is on tough dude, but has a surgery and long rehab ahead."

From the "On a mission from God" thread. Uspsa match near Terra Haute.

Eeek.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Using decimal points could get you killed.

(Remember this if you are doing the s.o. computer exam, it is a 100 question pain in the arse. You can write something like "I love Mickey Mouse" instead of your initials in the code of conduct sign off at the front of things if you are persnickety.)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    HA! Did you take it yet? I thought I heard something about trying to coordinate RB and WSSC and get all the SO's together and take it...or something to that effect.

Didn't hear about a group thing. Passed it on round 1 but just barely, there are several TJ skill level detail questions and I hadn't read the thing since it came out, may get unpassed if anyone ever reads the code of conduct thing at the start of it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That would be a good way to get out of having to work shoots :D I don't know how 'official' the group thing is/was, just something I thought I overheard when the discussion of testing came up. Not sure if it died on the vine or what.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    (Remember this if you are doing the s.o. computer exam, it is a 100 question pain in the arse. You can write something like "I love Mickey Mouse" instead of your initials in the code of conduct sign off at the front of things if you are persnickety.)

Interesting. I would have guessed an entirely different set of initials you would have used on that line:):

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting. I would have guessed an entirely different set of initials you would have used on that line:):

Really am trying to clean up my act. Not hard to do on a typed form but I'm struggling with expletive control after a major match mess up (I blame it on watching Tiger Woods on tv too many times).
    If you ever misplace a lady or a child at a match, the best way to find them is to say something you shouldn't and then turn around. Works with farts too.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You should have got an email on it, but yeah, just take it and you'll be good to go. As to cost, just write a check for $15 out to me. I think you get two tries, then it's back to school and no pudding unless you eat your meat.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Southern man don't need him round.

Speaking of which, when do they post the cof for the summer sizzler?

Sweet home..

Look for the COFs to come up about at the end of this week or the beginning of next. I asked Kurt when the shooter's list would come out and he said a week before the match, so I figure it will all come out at the same time.

Today's Tom Sawyer gets high on you

Top Bottom