• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It is not a hard written rule but there is a general consensus that we could do with less nose picking from the rank and file. Not a problem at Red Brush, but if you are scorekeeping at WSSC and you glance up range it is just nasty sometimes.

Nice!

Im bad Im bad Im really really bad
    you know it
    Im bad

Fightin Irish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    The tac reload is still there they just simplified the rules by saying ere are only 2 types of reloads. The first is the emergency reload or slide-lock reload. The other is using either the Tac load or the reload with retention. They just call it me thing but you could use either method of reload and retaining the mag.

RATS!!! I guess I'll keep at it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Southern man don't need him round.

Speaking of which, when do they post the cof for the summer sizzler?

Word on the street is they will be out Sunday along with the shooters list. Evidently they are putting the fly-through COF descriptions up this time as well. Suppose to be 88 and sunny match day, a far cry better than the 102 and sweaty it was last year.

What a field day for the heat..

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Word on the street is they will be out Sunday along with the shooters list. Evidently they are putting the fly-through COF descriptions up this time as well. Suppose to be 88 and sunny match day, a far cry better than the 102 and sweaty it was last year.

What a field day for the heat..

Thanks!
    Looking at what is ahead is nice motivation for practice.
    Paranoia strikes deep:
    icon6.png

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    So yesterdays was fun. I have no clue where I'm hitting at at 30 yrds. I don't know if my reloads are going nuts after 20 yrds or something else.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Oh, yeah, guess I should post this. Email for upcoming Saturday match August 3rd:

Greetings all, August is fast approaching, hopefully, we can take advantage of the nice weather we've been having! Our next IDPA match is this Saturday, August 3rd. Match setup begins at 07:00, new shooters meeting at 09:30AM and match starts at 10:00AM CST. Round count is 82. But......

This match will have some interesting things going on:

• If you have a defensive light, bring it! I have a course of fire that requires a light! No, I don't have a dark course, but one where the shooter will need to carry a light and "use" it. If you don't, no problem, I will have one for you. Weapon's mounted lights are not permitted in IDPA, so this will need to be a hand held light.
    • You will see the Texas Star on an IDPA COF for at least this time....IDPA will not allow it with the new rules that will be coming into effect soon. I will still be able to use them on my side matches.
    • Same for the triple hit, head dropper.
    Hope to see you there!

Two other issues:

• SOs: please be sure to get on www.idpa.com web site and take your on-line re-cert test. You are given 2 hours, and it's open book.
    • Everyone: Please contact your senators, congressmen, etc. and let them know you are still here, still concerned;.....AND STILL VOTE!!!!

Thanks all; stay safe!

Steve

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm not really sure what I plan to do this Saturday. I might head down to Manchester for the Sizzler, but there's only 2 other ESR shooters and none in my class. Plus, I've seen a few of the stages down there before- one the exact same stage I shot last year. Then I thought I might venture up to Silver Creek to get a peek at their range before the Kentuckiana Kolonel. And, of course, there's Redbrush which is the closest and cheapest option.

What to do, what to do???

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Speaking of Silver Creek, for the Kolonel what type of facilities are there? We need to bring drinks, lots of walking, places to set, bring our own chairs?

Hopefully the rain holds off for RB this Saturday; I'm ready to do some shootin'!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Speaking of Silver Creek, for the Kolonel what type of facilities are there? We need to bring drinks, lots of walking, places to set, bring our own chairs?

Hopefully the rain holds off for RB this Saturday; I'm ready to do some shootin'!

I don't know the layout there, kind of why I'd like to check it out. I think Brad and Don have been there, but they won't be at RB this Sat to ask.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good call. I don't know if I should pack everything I could think of or what. I like Scott's cart with the old tractor seat on there personally. I might have to follow that lead and make me one like that.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just curious about this among our little RB/WSSC community. How do ya'll feel about Texas Stars in IDPA matches? Come 10/1 it won't matter, but are you sorry to see them go or glad to see them go??

I personally like Texas Stars and I'm not sure a USPSA match can be complete without one. In IDPA though, I'm not quite sure how they fit into the "spirit" of the game. For that matter, I've not always been crazy about plates just scattered around without purpose either. WSSC had a match a while back where there was two plates to be shot, but they set it up like they were tires on a car. Fit the scenario well and made sense to the intent of the game. I'm all about poppers in IDPA though- you never know when midget thugs might come at you.

Thoughts?

Please note, this is not a slight against the star being set-up at RB this Sat. I like stars and they are fun (although at RB their fun ends quickly if the bay is drowning in water- LOL!). Just wondering about their place in the game--for now:)

Top Bottom