• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I will say that the test covered a WIDE range of stuff and with the 2 hour time limit on the test I finished with the clock running and about 30 minutes left. Some of the questions are worded just differently enough from the book that it gives you pause and you have to go back into the book to look it up and verify. The good news is that you can go back through your test and change an answer to a previous question if you happen to run across the correct answer later on.

The bad news is that Blackened is the End!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Some of the questions are worded just differently enough from the book that it gives you pause and you have to go back into the book to look it up and verify.

By 'book' I'm guessing you mean ratty stack of 8 1/2 x 11's or pdf file. Got my USPSA membership stuff last Friday (in order to grow as a shooter I need to really suck at more than one sport) , nice neat real book included.

It riles them to believe that we percieve the webs they weave.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Well played, had to look that one up.

I would like to have a hardcopy of the rules. I'm guessing with the yearly rules evaluation they don't want to put one out to change it soon after. Hey, it's expensive being in those airplane races.

Glad the new book isn't legal yet, pretty sure that sentence broke the SO code. Very constraining. Feeling claustrophobic like the walls are closing in.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    By 'book' I'm guessing you mean ratty stack of 8 1/2 x 11's or pdf file. Got my USPSA membership stuff last Friday (in order to grow as a shooter I need to really suck at more than one sport) , nice neat real book included.

.pdf on my iPad is how I dug through it. Not the best way but better than a stack of papers at the moment.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well played, had to look that one up.

I would like to have a hardcopy of the rules. I'm guessing with the yearly rules evaluation they don't want to put one out to change it soon after. Hey, it's expensive being in those airplane races.

Glad the new book isn't legal yet, pretty sure that sentence broke the SO code. Very constraining. Feeling claustrophobic like the walls are closing in.

the only real problem with taking the test so late at night is that I woke up with Bloodstains on my hands and I don't know where I've been...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have used up all my weapons and I'm helpless and bereaved...

I remember feeling like that during that stupid test. Thought to myself:
    Things not what they used to be
    Missing one inside of me
    Deathly lost, this can't be real
    Cannot stand this hell I feel.

then I finally hit question #100 and it was over.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    My brain hurts.... Although I did score 90/100 on he SO recertification test.... That just shows that we don't need no education....

630 PM till 11PM reading the book and taking the test. Scored a 94 but at what cost! No more Tac reloads in a scenario, Round dumping is now legal, drop a weapon anytime for a DQ, and the codes of conduct turn this all into an over complicated mess. We need Scott to run another SO training with the new stuff. That should also get us some regular printed rule books.

Disapearing targets remain a mystery and the Texas Star went down in flames,

They did make sense on some of the changes. Its now the rule the shooter gets the better score when there's question and only two types of reloads,

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    630 PM till 11PM reading the book and taking the test. Scored a 94 but at what cost! No more Tac reloads in a scenario, Round dumping is now legal, drop a weapon anytime for a DQ, and the codes of conduct turn this all into an over complicated mess. We need Scott to run another SO training with the new stuff. That should also get us some regular printed rule books.

They did make sense on some of the changes. Its now the rule the shooter gets the better score when there's question and only two types of reloads,
    PI know what you mean...I took the test right after I got home from the PAS meeting on Monday and it took me nearly 1.5 of the 2 hours to put the test down. My brain still hurts from it.

Fightin Irish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013

Been practicing Tac Reloads for the past week and I HATE them! Are you telling me they are going back to hell where they belong?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Been practicing Tac Reloads for the past week and I HATE them! Are you telling me they are going back to hell where they belong?

The tac reload is still there they just simplified the rules by saying ere are only 2 types of reloads. The first is the emergency reload or slide-lock reload. The other is using either the Tac load or the reload with retention. They just call it me thing but you could use either method of reload and retaining the mag.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Now if you see Saint Annie
    Please tell her thanks a lot
    I cannot move
    My fingers are all in a knot
    I don't have the strength
    To get up and take another shot
    And my best friend, my doctor
    won't even say what it is I've got

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I started out on burgundy
    But soon hit the harder stuff
    Everybody said they'd stand behind me
    When the game got rough
    But the joke was on me
    There was nobody even there to bluff
    I'm going back to New York City
    I do believe I've had enough.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Finally joined IDPA last week. Got my stuff in the mail today. Did some dry fire/draw drills. Loaded up some ammo to run some of the classifier stuff tomorrow. Getting excited for next month!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    We need Scott to run another SO training with the new stuff.

That's assuming he remains an SOI. I would assume he will as he's the only one down this way, but I know they are shaking things up and culling the herd.

Now if you see Saint Annie
    Please tell her thanks a lot
    I cannot move
    My fingers are all in a knot
    I don't have the strength
    To get up and take another shot
    And my best friend, my doctor
    won't even say what it is I've got

I started out on burgundy
    But soon hit the harder stuff
    Everybody said they'd stand behind me
    When the game got rough
    But the joke was on me
    There was nobody even there to bluff
    I'm going back to New York City
    I do believe I've had enough.

Well played to you both, I had to look it up.

Didn't see code of conduct in the new rule book, do only SO's have to behave themselves?

I want to rock and roll all night, and party everyday.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Didn't see code of conduct in the new rule book, do only SO's have to behave themselves?

It is not a hard written rule but there is a general consensus that we could do with less nose picking from the rank and file. Not a problem at Red Brush, but if you are scorekeeping at WSSC and you glance up range it is just nasty sometimes.

Top Bottom