• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fightin Irish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    LOL! Yep, that was on the first email because I remembered seeing it. Most email addresses are hard to remember- that one's hard to forget:laugh:

Might want to check your junk email folders and what not. Sometimes scores tend to hide in those:twocents:
    I think it was my filter. Thanks Fellas!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Gotta admit, I'm tempted to run SSP for that very reason:D

Not going to, but tempted. I'll focus on making grand poomba in ESR.

As close as you were when you hit EX in ESR I think a 10th of a second here and there would get you there. I have to work on cleaning up my Stage 3 strings 1 & 2 20 yard work. That lean I'm doing isn't working. Both CDP and SSP scores were nearly identical as far as my penalties on that 3rd stage and that has to be a huge contributing factor. Time to do some barricade dry-fire work.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    As close as you were when you hit EX in ESR I think a 10th of a second here and there would get you there. I have to work on cleaning up my Stage 3 strings 1 & 2 20 yard work. That lean I'm doing isn't working. Both CDP and SSP scores were nearly identical as far as my penalties on that 3rd stage and that has to be a huge contributing factor. Time to do some barricade dry-fire work.

Just a suggestion, YMMV. When shooting from the barricade, open your stance and plant your left foot forward if shooting from the left, right forward if shooting from the right. This helps to get your body square to the three targets and allows faster target acquisition. A slight forward lean helps get everything squared up. It requires some practice because its awkward at first and it seems like it looses time. And, it very well might loose time, but it will save a lot more than a couple of -5s. The key is to be quick into that stance during the draw and shuffle over to the other during the reload. With a tac-reload, you've got plenty of time to do it.:twocents:

I will even try to follow this advice myself:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just a suggestion, YMMV. When shooting from the barricade, open your stance and plant your left foot forward if shooting from the left, right forward if shooting from the right. This helps to get your body square to the three targets and allows faster target acquisition. A slight forward lean helps get everything squared up. It requires some practice because its awkward at first and it seems like it looses time. And, it very well might loose time, but it will save a lot more than a couple of -5s. The key is to be quick into that stance during the draw and shuffle over to the other during the reload. With a tac-reload, you've got plenty of time to do it.:twocents:

I will even try to follow this advice myself:laugh:

I'll work on that. I think I tried to keep my feet planted and try to work around the barricade without moving my feet at all. By the time I was on the 2nd and 3rd targets I was so contorted that my gun was completely sideways for those last shots. You do that on 2 targets on each side during 2 strings and those Down 3's start adding up quickly! I just need to get a good idea of how far back to stand and still be able to make that 3rd target without being out of shape and then move my feet like you said. If there is a lull in the action during the August classifier I may just reshoot it in SSP just to see how much of a difference that makes. Worse case is a I hit Master and never have to classify again! LOL But, since I've shot so much 9mm here lately I'm considering going as an SSP shooter to the Sellersburgh match...but that is still a few months away and my tune may change between now and when I sign up.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've found that gangsta lean is only effective on Stage 1.

You got that right! It is amazing how quickly the wheels can come off on the 3rd stage LOL My raw time was like DM or something but the quality of hits wasn't there in the 3rd string especially and that just got me squeaking in at EX...but it is STILL EX so I will take it! Much better than my long-ago SSP run so if anything I've trimmed a lot of time off of a score in a division that I shoot a whole heckuva lot less.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Well, you said it yourself, speed shooter more than accuracy shooter. Try slowing 10% and turn those down-3's into down-1s/zeroes.
    I was trying to slow it down a bit and control my grip better this last weekend, but they were such quick stages and nearly everyone was blazing pretty fast, kinda made it hard to remember to be slower. :):
    Plus, following Mike in the roster probably didn't help either :laugh:

Btw, who all signed up for the classifier? I prob don't need to, but its kinda entertaining, and I've don't have SSP ranking yet.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well, you said it yourself, speed shooter more than accuracy shooter. Try slowing 10% and turn those down-3's into down-1s/zeroes.
    I was trying to slow it down a bit and control my grip better this last weekend, but they were such quick stages and nearly everyone was blazing pretty fast, kinda made it hard to remember to be slower. :):

Btw, who all signed up for the classifier? I prob don't need to, but its kinda entertaining, and I've don't have SSP ranking yet.

You are dead on; now that I know my raw time should be enough to allow me to let off the gas on the first 2 strings of Stage 3. I'm not quite ready to take another stab at the CDP classifier just yet, though. I'd like to do it with SSP; heck I'd just do stage 3 and compare it with my previous stage 3 if I could LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I noticed there was no talk of the M&P shooting low after the WSSC match. Did you get everything ironed out or was it a user issue?

You are dead on; now that I know my raw time should be enough to allow me to let off the gas on the first 2 strings of Stage 3. I'm not quite ready to take another stab at the CDP classifier just yet, though. I'd like to do it with SSP; heck I'd just do stage 3 and compare it with my previous stage 3 if I could LOL

I don't think I've seen a shooter shoot stage three in any raw time that wouldn't make MA. I mean, in any division we're talking 13, 14 and 5- easily doable by just about anybody. It doesn't mean a shooter can see what they need to see that quickly, and that is more important on stage 3 in my opinion.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I noticed there was no talk of the M&P shooting low after the WSSC match. Did you get everything ironed out or was it a user issue?

Well I was seeing my shots on target so its a start. Pretty sure it was more ammo issue than me. I took your and the wife's suggestion and bumped my charge up from 3.8 to 4.0, but I also seated a bit deeper at the same time, so one or both of those things made some difference I think. But my troubleshooting mind has me wondering how/why and all that good stuff. I was making 168 PF on the low end before my changes, so its got me wondering if I can drop the charge back down and still hit anything. :laugh:

I should probably leave well enough alone, but it's just not in my nature.
    I haven't sent Saturdays changes thru the chrono yet, just to see the difference.

Top Bottom