• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I'd most likely drop the $35 as well, but I think I'd prefer more of a clinic to help fix the many things I'm sure I'm doing wrong, not necessarily too USPSA focused. (But some of that would be ok too I suppose)

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Coach is good, at $35 he is a bargain, his classes are at least as much fun as going to a good match, USPSA skills are pretty much the same as IDPA skills except you have more freedom in target sequence and won't hear anyone call cover.

He told me he'd come to Evansville for a minimum class of 10 shooters & we could specify class goals. He brings some static & moving targets with him.

Instructional League at Riley

Instructional League at Riley Conservation Club
    Saturday August 17, 2013
    2pm first shot
    Cost $35 cash at the door.
    Must RSVP via email. (correct change please)

We will be shooting 3 USPSA style stages twice each. You must RSVP via email in order to shoot this event. This instruction is geared toward learning stage break down. Feedback and coaching will be given for each individual shooter once they complete the course of fire. First shot will be at 2pm sharp. 200 rounds should be enough depending on your accuracy.

Gun, ammo, mag pouches, ear and eye protection, holster are all required.

This is a good place to improve your USPSA shooting and to learn the game for the first time.​

I also would like to do this. How far out is he scheduled?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ha! Just peeked at his website & I even made the clients comments section! Twixt that and the sliding to barrel stage Saturday I'm gaining fame and glory!! For all the wrong reasons, but what the heck!!

By the way RR and all others, many thanks for all the work done with Saturdays match & scoring & etc. .

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ha! Just peeked at his website & I even made the clients comments section! Twixt that and the sliding to barrel stage Saturday I'm gaining fame and glory!! For all the wrong reasons, but what the heck!!

By the way RR and all others, many thanks for all the work done with Saturdays match & scoring & etc. .

There is no such thing as bad publicity! Just think...Madonna, Prince, Fabio, Cher, Yoda and now Grelber!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I plan to do some bottom feeding stuff next year and said training would be a good kick off to that adventure. I really enjoy running revolver in IDPA, not so much in other sports (don't let Paul know).

First off congrats on making Master TJ.:yesway:

As for not letting me know, well it to late for that now isn't it.:laugh:
    To be fair TJ you haven't shot a USPSA match in what over a year now? You have improved a lot since then and it might be a lot more fun now. I don't know how many revolvers shoot with you in IDPA at local matches but their are at least some that shoot USPSA at most matches. Some of us lowly USPSA revolver shooters would love for a IDPA MASTER to come and show us how it's done.(Did I really type that out loud:n00b:)
    Seriously TJ it has been awhile and you should really give it another chance as you might find it a lot more fun now. Unless your skerred. OPP's there I go again:ugh:
    Granted ICORE is harder to find but I'm pretty sure you would like it if you tried it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I miss being there. Life keeps getting in the way.

Does good intentions count? Maybe shave some time off my next lame attempt at looking like I know what I'm doing?

September will be here before you know it! Should be great weather for some shootin'!!! I would totally take some time off for you but I heard Grelber is looking for trouble...he said it's been weeks since he has DQ'ed a shooter and he has an itchy DQing finger! :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    September will be here before you know it! Should be great weather for some shootin'!!! I would totally take some time off for you but I heard Grelber is looking for trouble...he said it's been weeks since he has DQ'ed a shooter and he has an itchy DQing finger! :D

Geez, you give some guys a rule book and they think they should actually follow what it says. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    First off congrats on making Master TJ.:yesway:

As for not letting me know, well it to late for that now isn't it.:laugh:
    To be fair TJ you haven't shot a USPSA match in what over a year now? You have improved a lot since then and it might be a lot more fun now. I don't know how many revolvers shoot with you in IDPA at local matches but their are at least some that shoot USPSA at most matches. Some of us lowly USPSA revolver shooters would love for a IDPA MASTER to come and show us how it's done.(Did I really type that out loud:n00b:)
    Seriously TJ it has been awhile and you should really give it another chance as you might find it a lot more fun now. Unless your skerred. OPP's there I go again:ugh:
    Granted ICORE is harder to find but I'm pretty sure you would like it if you tried it.

I didn't know you visited the IDPA thread!:laugh: Yeah, I would definitely have to make MA quick in USPSA or else guys would be all over them stomping an IDPA MA. It would probably be different if I had a 5" gun instead of 4":D

Owensboro is this coming Saturday, isn't it? Would probably be good for me to make it so as to balance out with humility anything that pride had built up from last Saturday. And yes, I am skeered. :laugh:

Seriously though, it's up in the air as to how seriously I'll take USPSA revolver again. I thought the 8 Minor thing would be great but I've just grown tired of all the talk and so forth. Had a chance to buy a 627 at a heck of a price not long ago and passed. Just decided that if that's the way it goes, I'll keep shooting six and not worry about it, or jump divisions altogether next year. Might have to pick a 627 up though- probably be a lot easier to make some good classifiers with fewer reloads:n00b:

I do want to try ICORE sometimes but it seems like anything remotely close to here is on Sundays. I want to try steel as well up at Silver Creek, just seems like that would be alot of fun.

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hey Paul, forgot to mention, but come Oct.1 you can come and play in IDPA with your 5" 625 and USPSA gear. I know for sure we would love to have an A class USPSA shooter come and show us how it's done;)

Fightin Irish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks man, and don't be too insulted. Keep working at it and evaluating it and you hit the goals you want!

You know, there are a few really good shooters in the RB/WSSC family. Some of them have trained with top guys like Rob Leatham. A training day just might help folks greatly. It would be cool if something could be set-up towards that end.

A training day would be AWESOME!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I didn't know you visited the IDPA thread!:laugh: Yeah, I would definitely have to make MA quick in USPSA or else guys would be all over them stomping an IDPA MA. It would probably be different if I had a 5" gun instead of 4":D

A 1" shorter barrel that is the reason you are going with really?????:ar15:

Owensboro is this coming Saturday, isn't it? Would probably be good for me to make it so as to balance out with humility anything that pride had built up from last Saturday. And yes, I am skeered. :laugh:

Yep Owensboro is Sat.
    There were 2 revolver shooters there last month when I was at the Indiana section match. If they come back and I'm going to be there and I'm returning a gun I repaired to another shooter and he is shooting revolver and if you show up we might have 5 or more revolver shooters.

Seriously though, it's up in the air as to how seriously I'll take USPSA revolver again. I thought the 8 Minor thing would be great but I've just grown tired of all the talk and so forth. Had a chance to buy a 627 at a heck of a price not long ago and passed. Just decided that if that's the way it goes, I'll keep shooting six and not worry about it, or jump divisions altogether next year. Might have to pick a 627 up though- probably be a lot easier to make some good classifiers with fewer reloads:n00b:

I do want to try ICORE sometimes but it seems like anything remotely close to here is on Sundays. I want to try steel as well up at Silver Creek, just seems like that would be alot of fun.

I still say steel is some of the best practice.(did you see what I did there):rolleyes:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Hey Paul, forgot to mention, but come Oct.1 you can come and play in IDPA with your 5" 625 and USPSA gear. I know for sure we would love to have an A class USPSA shooter come and show us how it's done;)

????? 5" guns are legal under the new rules??????? (I should clarify 5" revolvers as 5" autos are legal now for some reason but not revolvers:n00b:)

Wait a minute I would have to go buy a stupid fishing vest-------- I hate fishing vests.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I would definitely have to make MA quick in USPSA or else guys would be all over them stomping an IDPA MA.

I think they are used to it by now. At least I don't think that any of the local IDPA master class shooters has done better than a third at Lewisport or made MA, might be that Scott went past what I know about though.

Beware USPSA, thar be Dragons.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    ????? 5" guns are legal under the new rules??????? (I should clarify 5" revolvers as 5" autos are legal now for some reason but not revolvers:n00b:)

Wait a minute I would have to go buy a stupid fishing vest-------- I hate fishing vests.

5" revolvers, open guns ported with dots, 22s, whatever, it is all welcome come Oct.1 at the local level.

I hate fishing vests too which is why I use a photographers vest- tactical black, of course. :laugh:

I think they are used to it by now. At least I don't think that any of the local IDPA master class shooters has done better than a third at Lewisport or made MA, might be that Scott went past what I know about though.

Beware USPSA, thar be Dragons.

Indeed thar be. I do respect dudes that can hold in the top 3 while shooting minor in Limited though.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    That reminded me that one of the shooters at Owensboro last month was my buddy Stanley Hodgin from TN. We shoot ESR together at Manchester and a couple other big matches. He told me at the Summer Sizzler that he came up to shoot the Indiana State Match and shot in Owensboro on the way up.

He won't be back at the next one.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    That reminded me that one of the shooters at Owensboro last month was my buddy Stanley Hodgin from TN. We shoot ESR together at Manchester and a couple other big matches. He told me at the Summer Sizzler that he came up to shoot the Indiana State Match and shot in Owensboro on the way up.

He won't be back at the next one.

Yeah Stanley was one of the shooters I was talking about. Don't know his IDPA ranking but he shot unclassified in USPSA. He shot a couple of pretty good matches. Was hoping he would be a regular.

Top Bottom