• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Matt and I are gonna try to make it!

Good to hear! Good thing you sandbagged this classifier, should make winning your class easier:D

GEEZ! I wish I'da never asked about sandbagging.

:laugh: I keeed, I keeed.

I just sent the WSSC Classifier scores.:rockwoot:

Let the smack talking and the crying commence.:popcorn:

Congrats again for formulating a great classification system by thinking outside the box! And thanks for all the hard work on the scores and that you and WSSC crew put in:rockwoot:

Congrats to Master TJ :ar15:

Thanks man! Good to be out of ESR classifier for life! (or until a new rule addendum changes things)

Some good looking scores! Congratulations to everybody! Looks like several goals were made and others were just barely missed.

I'll just offer this to all that might have fallen short of their goal. It seemed like I had to work a lot harder to get out of SS and into EX. I think I classified three times across the span of a year to hit ESR/EX with 115. That was early this year. My next classifier was 106 (or 7), still ESR/EX. Then after a run (or 3) I hit MA Saturday barely.

All that said to say this- it's really the mid classes that seemed the hardest to work out of. Don't be discouraged if you hit MM and wanted SS or SS and wanted EX. Keep working at it and it will happen. Then the drive will be much shorter to the top. YMMV and so forth.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good to hear! Good thing you sandbagged this classifier, should make winning your class easier:D

:laugh: I keeed, I keeed.

Congrats again for formulating a great classification system by thinking outside the box! And thanks for all the hard work on the scores and that you and WSSC crew put in:rockwoot:

Thanks man! Good to be out of ESR classifier for life! (or until a new rule addendum changes things)

I'll just offer this to all that might have fallen short of their goal. It seemed like I had to work a lot harder to get out of SS and into EX. I think I classified three times across the span of a year to hit ESR/EX with 115. That was early this year. My next classifier was 106 (or 7), still ESR/EX. Then after a run (or 3) I hit MA Saturday barely.

All that said to say this- it's really the mid classes that seemed the hardest to work out of. Don't be discouraged if you hit MM and wanted SS or SS and wanted EX. Keep working at it and it will happen. Then the drive will be much shorter to the top. YMMV and so forth.

I may not be able to shoot a classifier using another format!! Even with the work and before I shot, I felt like this was the best classifier I had been a part of. Great time and great fun!

I haven't hit Master yet and I hope I'm not done trying to make a run for it but I finally feel like I have a good idea of how to approach it from a shooter's standpoint. I don't think I went any faster on Saturday than I did during any other classifier but the front sight was there, my positioning was there and it worked. The biggest help has been having a pool of good friends to work out the when, how and why of the matches and then work a solution. The last few have seen me putting much more serious thought into what it needs to make those brilliant runs. We might have the best pool of shooters to draw off of.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Some good looking scores!
    Don't you lie to me! :p
    Don't be discouraged if you hit MM and wanted SS or SS and wanted EX. Keep working at it and it will happen. Then the drive will be much shorter to the top. YMMV and so forth.

Congrats on Master!
    I dunno if I should be glad I ranked MM in SSP or appalled that I barely did it by .33 sec.
    I did refresh my ESP classification with the same score, which is cool that you can do that now, but I ranked out at Novice, whereas my expired rank was MM. It's a little insult to injury, honestly.:rolleyes:

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville

Do to the ammo shortage our next match will be a "Bayonet Match". No ammo required, but it will be a 63 stab minimum.

bayonet.JPG

:lmfao::lmfao:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Thanks to all who ran the show sat.

A real eye opener here. Was planning on buying a 10/22 but now i think im gonna buy more components and maybe actually take some training.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Don't you lie to me! :p

Congrats on Master!
    I dunno if I should be glad I ranked MM in SSP or appalled that I barely did it by .33 sec.
    I did refresh my ESP classification with the same score, which is cool that you can do that now, but I ranked out at Novice, whereas my expired rank was MM. It's a little insult to injury, honestly.:rolleyes:

Thanks man, and don't be too insulted. Keep working at it and evaluating it and you hit the goals you want!

A real eye opener here. Was planning on buying a 10/22 but now i think im gonna buy more components and maybe actually take some training.

You know, there are a few really good shooters in the RB/WSSC family. Some of them have trained with top guys like Rob Leatham. A training day just might help folks greatly. It would be cool if something could be set-up towards that end.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Thanks man, and don't be too insulted. Keep working at it and evaluating it and you hit the goals you want!

You know, there are a few really good shooters in the RB/WSSC family. Some of them have trained with top guys like Rob Leatham. A training day just might help folks greatly. It would be cool if something could be set-up towards that end.

Now this is something I definitely be on board for, as I've never had any proper "training"... self-taught for the most part.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Do to the ammo shortage our next match will be a "Bayonet Match". No ammo required, but it will be a 63 stab minimum.

View attachment 20021

:lmfao::lmfao:

Montana Gold has stocked up their website. 3750 124G FMJ 9mm Bullets $365 ......very comparabe to Berry's @ 90 per 1000 but they are doing a better job of keeping availability. I saw 115's and other calibers available.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Now this is something I definitely be on board for, as I've never had any proper "training"... self-taught for the most part.

Like I said before, you are looking at the scores in the wrong light. The 2 matches that you came away very frustrated from were a steel match and you were shooting newly minted ammo and the Classifier on Saturday and you were shooting not only a gun new to you, but an entire platform new to you.

I struggle the most with support-hand grip on the gun; I think I will occasionally back off on my grip and I will get the low-left typical of polymer guns. And I struggled in the past with finding and staying on the front sight. Changing out that rear sight on the G34 made a world of difference; I'm going all AC/DC on my guns "Black on Back" :D from now on. The all black front sight wasn't hard for me to find at all but I could see how a nice fiber optic front could be even nicer. I think I did myself a huge favor by finally getting a set of sights that work for me on one of my guns.

I've heard a lot of trainers say that if you start to have a bit of an issue to just go back and dry fire (dry practice for all you James Yeager fans) working on grip, draw, trigger press and sight alignment/picture at home. a couple of bucks for some snap caps can go a very long way.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Coach is good, at $35 he is a bargain, his classes are at least as much fun as going to a good match, USPSA skills are pretty much the same as IDPA skills except you have more freedom in target sequence and won't hear anyone call cover.

He told me he'd come to Evansville for a minimum class of 10 shooters & we could specify class goals. He brings some static & moving targets with him.

[h=2]Instructional League at Riley[/h]
    Instructional League at Riley Conservation Club
    Saturday August 17, 2013
    2pm first shot
    Cost $35 cash at the door.
    Must RSVP via email. (correct change please)

We will be shooting 3 USPSA style stages twice each. You must RSVP via email in order to shoot this event. This instruction is geared toward learning stage break down. Feedback and coaching will be given for each individual shooter once they complete the course of fire. First shot will be at 2pm sharp. 200 rounds should be enough depending on your accuracy.

Gun, ammo, mag pouches, ear and eye protection, holster are all required.

This is a good place to improve your USPSA shooting and to learn the game for the first time.​

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Coach is good, at $35 he is a bargain, his classes are at least as much fun as going to a good match, USPSA skills are pretty much the same as IDPA skills except you have more freedom in target sequence and won't hear anyone call cover.

He told me he'd come to Evansville for a minimum class of 10 shooters & we could specify class goals. He brings some static & moving targets with him.

Instructional League at Riley

Instructional League at Riley Conservation Club
    Saturday August 17, 2013
    2pm first shot
    Cost $35 cash at the door.
    Must RSVP via email. (correct change please)

We will be shooting 3 USPSA style stages twice each. You must RSVP via email in order to shoot this event. This instruction is geared toward learning stage break down. Feedback and coaching will be given for each individual shooter once they complete the course of fire. First shot will be at 2pm sharp. 200 rounds should be enough depending on your accuracy.

Gun, ammo, mag pouches, ear and eye protection, holster are all required.

This is a good place to improve your USPSA shooting and to learn the game for the first time.​

That is a fantastic deal. Count me in as 1 of the 10 if this ever materializes, so long as it doesn't go heathen and meet on a Sunday or Wednesday. I think Coach is a USPSA Master in one or two divisions and you don't make that without knowing a thing or two. Not a member of RB, WSSC or Owensboro, so might need some contacts there.

I'll promise him I won't go Amish at the class and will bring some bottom feeder.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That is a fantastic deal. Count me in as 1 of the 10 if this ever materializes, so long as it doesn't go heathen and meet on a Sunday or Wednesday. I think Coach is a USPSA Master in one or two divisions and you don't make that without knowing a thing or two. Not a member of RB, WSSC or Owensboro, so might need some contacts there.

I'll promise him I won't go Amish at the class and will bring some bottom feeder.

I'd drop $35 for a chance at that, too. I'm a bit like TJ in being very limited on time; my son is a soccer machine and I am either coaching or helping coach that, baseball and basketball... but I would definitely be interested.

"Going Amish" I like that!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'd drop $35 for a chance at that, too. I'm a bit like TJ in being very limited on time; my son is a soccer machine and I am either coaching or helping coach that, baseball and basketball... but I would definitely be interested.

"Going Amish" I like that!

The story teller makes no choice. soon you will not hear his voice.
    His job is to shed light, and not to master.

There are two rubs that I can think of with doing something at RB. I'd sign up for something local also though, but I'd really be most likely just to watch what Coach has scheduled and to head to Riley (this side of Terra Haute) when the stars aligned. I'm hoping none of the newer shooters pursue any of this or similar stuff though as some of those guys are already coming on way too fast to suit me.
    I don't know any reason not to shoot a wheel gun for any of the training, if you are geared up to carry​
    enough clips.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    The story teller makes no choice. soon you will not hear his voice.
    His job is to shed light, and not to master.

There are two rubs that I can think of with doing something at RB. I'd sign up for something local also though, but I'd really be most likely just to watch what Coach has scheduled and to head to Riley (this side of Terra Haute) when the stars aligned. I'm hoping none of the newer shooters pursue any of this or similar stuff though as some of those guys are already coming on way too fast to suit me.
    I don't know any reason not to shoot a wheel gun for any of the training, if you are geared up to carry​
    enough clips.

Road trip!

I plan to do some bottom feeding stuff next year and said training would be a good kick off to that adventure. I really enjoy running revolver in IDPA, not so much in other sports (don't let Paul know).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom