• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    And take a whole butt load of pictures of you in the vest!! :rockwoot:
    (Still better than those purple pink yellow orange green spandex shirts the USPSA guys tend to like. If you think golf pants look silly, thar is a whole nuther level :gaychase: )

You beat me to it! I didn't want to wade into the fray here not knowing BossHoss himself, but I so wanted to ask if it were required code to show up looking like a NASCAR car with all the numbers, logos, flames, patches, stickers, tags and banners all over creation!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You beat me to it! I didn't want to wade into the fray here not knowing BossHoss himself, but I so wanted to ask if it were required code to show up looking like a NASCAR car with all the numbers, logos, flames, patches, stickers, tags and banners all over creation!

Not for nuthin Mike, but after Saturday's showing of the WSSC staff shirts I'm not sure you can say much:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    If memory serves, the most common "shirt" I saw at USPSA matches was STI shirts- I mean, a bunch of them. I know all those guys, well probably none of them, are sponsored by STI so I don't know if it's a "buy our gun get a shirt" deal or if they had to buy the shirts.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Not for nuthin Mike, but after Saturday's showing of the WSSC staff shirts I'm not sure you can say much:laugh:

You said it, though..staff shirts...not shooter's shirts! We wanted to make sure EVERYBODY, including the air traffic overhead, could see just who exactly was in charge :D And here I was fighting to get you, Jeff and Don a couple of shirts too!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You said it, though..staff shirts...not shooter's shirts! We wanted to make sure EVERYBODY, including the air traffic overhead, could see just who exactly was in charge :D And here I was fighting to get you, Jeff and Don a couple of shirts too!

Statement retracted, I want the shirt. Just give me a few more days to let my eyes come back to regular vision.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Fancy shirts are not required BUT every USPSA shooter knows that you have to wear one IF you want to win.:rolleyes:

If memory serves, the most common "shirt" I saw at USPSA matches was STI shirts- I mean, a bunch of them. I know all those guys, well probably none of them, are sponsored by STI so I don't know if it's a "buy our gun get a shirt" deal or if they had to buy the shirts.

These shooting shirts have several purposes. Most are made of DRY TECK materials that help keep you cooler on a hot,hot range. I have a few shirts that are made out of this material and it does help. Mine are plain or match shrits from matchs I have shot.

STI shirts are part of their contingency program if you win your class at certain matches with a STI gun or frame AND have your STI shirt on you win $$$$$
    http://media.stiguns.com/ContingencyRewards/STI_2010_ContingencyRegForm.pdf

The most important reason is the intimidation factor. Were a cool billboard shirt and when you trash talk your fellow competitiors they wilt away at your feet.:laugh::laugh:

Really I think it's a even call on which is sillier Guys running around a range with billboard shirts on or guys running around a range in 90 degrees with a fishing/photo/whatever vest on while playing a game.:scratch:

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Fancy shirts are not required BUT every USPSA shooter knows that you have to wear one IF you want to win.:rolleyes:

These shooting shirts have several purposes. Most are made of DRY TECK materials that help keep you cooler on a hot,hot range. I have a few shirts that are made out of this material and it does help. Mine are plain or match shrits from matchs I have shot.

STI shirts are part of their contingency program if you win your class at certain matches with a STI gun or frame AND have your STI shirt on you win $$$$$
    http://media.stiguns.com/ContingencyRewards/STI_2010_ContingencyRegForm.pdf

The most important reason is the intimidation factor. Were a cool billboard shirt and when you trash talk your fellow competitiors they wilt away at your feet.:laugh::laugh:

Really I think it's a even call on which is sillier Guys running around a range with billboard shirts on or guys running around a range in 90 degrees with a fishing/photo/whatever vest on while playing a game.:scratch:

Or worse, guys running around in vests with billboard shirts on underneath!:laugh:

That's cool about the STI contingency deal.

And for all, I saw vid of Paul at the ICORE match in Michigan. I can assure you, no billboarding going on there:laugh: Gotta say that team Bubber did have cool shirts though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Or worse, guys running around in vests with billboard shirts on underneath!:laugh:

That's cool about the STI contingency deal.

And for all, I saw vid of Paul at the ICORE match in Michigan. I can assure you, no billboarding going on there:laugh: Gotta say that team Bubber did have cool shirts though.

I think I'm hearing we need a Team INGO-SWI chapter match shirt.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I hope you guys stay away from sheer this time. All those man nipples pointing about on Saturday just didn't do it for me.

It is getting cooler out pretty quickly... everyone walking around with a couple half packs of Certs sticking out the front of their shirts. :laugh:

Top Bottom