• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A grandbagger because you will reveal very quickly to all that you are not what you are saying you are.

One caveat, if you have poor short term memory skills and you tend to be geared more towards aiming than running a course, the classifier will fit your skills better than a typical IDPA match. Best to drink heavily the night before so you will tend to classify where you shoot.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I didn't think about it until after I left, but wish I'd took a phone pic of my score sheet to see how horribly I ran today. Wonder if i still have an old classifier from Mar. at RB...

Now that I found it, maybe today wasn't as bad as I thought (it's still pretty bad, either way) :rolleyes:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I didn't think about it until after I left, but wish I'd took a phone pic of my score sheet to see how horribly I ran today. Wonder if i still have an old classifier from Mar. at RB...

Now that I found it, maybe today wasn't as bad as I thought (it's still pretty bad, either way) :rolleyes:

i don't think you can technically count today towards doing bad or good since you ran a brand new platform...you may have shot 6 rounds through a Glock in your life then today you did the classifier with one. You need to try an M&P9 and see what you think.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    i don't think you can technically count today towards doing bad or good since you ran a brand new platform...you may have shot 6 rounds through a Glock in your life then today you did the classifier with one. You need to try an M&P9 and see what you think.

Agreed. Seems like I ran you on stage 2 and don't remember it being too bad of a run.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Agreed. Seems like I ran you on stage 2 and don't remember it being too bad of a run.

It might not have been too bad, I do have my CDP times with the M&P, so I can at least compare. I think the thing that irritates me most is when I literally don't get say 12 of 12 shots on target. I mean it's a big piece of cardboard, even if my headshots hit the crotch area, at least they hit paper. Maybe I need to switch to a David/Goliath-style sling and stones, or perhaps baseballs... I think I'm more accurate at 20+ yards with them. :laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    8.5. Holsters

8.5.1.5. Must carry the firearm in a neutral (vertical) or muzzle rear cant.

OOOOPS. I told Santi and Shannon that there was a limit on how much the gun could point backwards. I think I was remembering a rule that doesn't exist. I hate it when that happens.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    8.5. Holsters

8.5.1.5. Must carry the firearm in a neutral (vertical) or muzzle rear cant.

OOOOPS. I told Santi and Shannon that there was a limit on how much the gun could point backwards. I think I was remembering a rule that doesn't exist. I hate it when that happens.

You were recalling a rule about a holster's cant...you just went the wrong direction :D it was after you took you "horrific tumble" so may e that affected you more than we think...you don't see a bright light by any chance, do you? :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It might not have been too bad, I do have my CDP times with the M&P, so I can at least compare. I think the thing that irritates me most is when I literally don't get say 12 of 12 shots on target. I mean it's a big piece of cardboard, even if my headshots hit the crotch area, at least they hit paper. Maybe I need to switch to a David/Goliath-style sling and stones, or perhaps baseballs... I think I'm more accurate at 20+ yards with them. :laugh:

we just need to find a time to hit the range for some diagnostic work! Your grip looks good and consistent and trigger control looks good, too. Just something in the delivery that needs to be slightly tweaked and I think you will be good to go.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You were recalling a rule about a holster's cant...you just went the wrong direction :D it was after you took you "horrific tumble" so may e that affected you more than we think...you don't see a bright light by any chance, do you? :D

No lights, wrong point of impact. Have been a bit more gassy than usual though, thanks for caring.
    Who'd a ever thunk that an uncoordinated dude with flat soled shoes would have issues with gravity and wet grass? May have to rethink my treadware.

While I was checking on the rule I glanced at the new "non-competition" class stuff. If I read correctly I could shoot an uber kewl /full length dust cover/ big arsed mongo magwell/ honkin bull barrel gun at RB and WSSC as long as I enter it in the "non-competition" category?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No lights, wrong point of impact. Have been a bit more gassy than usual though, thanks for caring.
    Who'd a ever thunk that an uncoordinated dude with flat soled shoes would have issues with gravity and wet grass? May have to rethink my treadware.

While I was checking on the rule I glanced at the new "non-competition" class stuff. If I read correctly I could shoot an uber kewl /full length dust cover/ big arsed mongo magwell/ honkin bull barrel gun at RB and WSSC as long as I enter it in the "non-competition" category?

you got the mud puddle gear down, now you just need the slip n slide stuff! LOL

i must have passed o er that part... Hmmm!

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Just looked and there are 56 spots left at the Kentuckiana Kolenel. Larry wants to go and I'm off. Being newish to this would you guys feel I'd have a good time?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

If all goes as planned, there will be a time sometime in the future that I will show up to RB with a red-dotted, ported, magwell as big as your vacuum cleaner, 23 round mag pistol:) Don't know why, but such a thing appeals to me.

you got the mud puddle gear down, now you just need the slip n slide stuff! LOL

i must have passed o er that part... Hmmm!

Do you mean 4x4 gear?:D

Just looked and there are 56 spots left at the Kentuckiana Kolenel. Larry wants to go and I'm off. Being newish to this would you guys feel I'd have a good time?

A "good time" at any match is always subjective to the person. The difficulty of the courses of fire in a major will be several times greater than what you're likely use to locally. That's nothing against local matches, majors are suppose to be tough. So, if you enjoy that kind of thing, then I'd say do it! If you're up for a challenge you'll definitely have a good time.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    we just need to find a time to hit the range for some diagnostic work! Your grip looks good and consistent and trigger control looks good, too. Just something in the delivery that needs to be slightly tweaked and I think you will be good to go.

I do wonder if its a combination of grip and trigger mechanics faltering, but not necessarily both at the same time. Like I "really" attempt to keep my pulls clean and back with no milking, but I let my strong and support hand grip go to :poop:
    Or grip is tight and my support is rolled 90 degrees forward/out of socket, but my trigger index is up to the second knuckle. :laugh:

Another thought that crossed my mind is maybe lightweight tupperware isn't my thing. The M&P45 is plastic, but it's not particularly light, and w/full mag probably closer to weight to my CZ.
    Your G34 did feel somewhat light compared to anything I've shot more than 50 rounds through, even with 12 rounds loaded... and also not sure if I cared for the ergos (or lack of?)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Speaking of this- not for Brent, but for you- try to recall and remember everything you did on that one stage III run you made. Positioning was good and run was clean and fast. That's needs to be duplicated every time. Maybe with those sights as well.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Can't see why not.
    Some folks I saw at the two matches I went to were very wrapped up in how well they shot & got all wadded up when something went wrong. If you can shrug off the occasional oopsie then I think you will enjoy.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Question: Do you folks that have external safeties on your handguns "ride" your thumb on them when shooting or let your thumb go under them? Saw a little malfunction yesterday related to this and I'm just curious how most shooters go about it. I disdain any safeties on a handgun, but I think if I had to shoot one with an external thumb safety I'd ride the thumb on top.

Top Bottom