• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Update on the Shield sights. I took Jeff's advice and gave it a good bath in some penetrating oil. Let that set in it for a few hours in the freezer. Got it out and took some cracks at it- nothing. Put some heat to it- nothing. Decided to get a steel file and metal hammer and go to work. BINGO! She finally came off. My advice if anyone needs those sights moved, just hit it with some oil, grab the steel and go to town.

I REALLY hope the M&P45 isn't tight like that. I haven't heard of them being a problem.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Update on the Shield sights. I took Jeff's advice and gave it a good bath in some penetrating oil. Let that set in it for a few hours in the freezer. Got it out and took some cracks at it- nothing. Put some heat to it- nothing. Decided to get a steel file and metal hammer and go to work. BINGO! She finally came off. My advice if anyone needs those sights moved, just hit it with some oil, grab the steel and go to town.

I REALLY hope the M&P45 isn't tight like that. I haven't heard of them being a problem.

Excellent! So when are we going to see the M&P45 make an appearance?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    And speaking of shooting it looks like I'm not going to be able to hit the IDPA match in Bowling Green this year. It is the same week/weekend as my wife's business conference in Georgia. Her and her friends have been talking about going since last year and I've been on her to not bow out because she doesn't want to spend a few days away from me and the kids. Now hopefully I'll be able to guilt her for going into some new gun or something when she gets back :D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Excellent! So when are we going to see the M&P45 make an appearance?

Don't know- she needs some work to get gamer ready, I kind of have a hangup with pistols that have heavier triggers than my revolvers:D. But, I did manage to load some rounds for her the other day, albeit unintentionally. I was cranking out rounds and I guess my seating die got loose and backed out some. The result was rounds that won't chamber in my 625s, but somehow they did manage to chamber in the M&P :laugh:

And speaking of shooting it looks like I'm not going to be able to hit the IDPA match in Bowling Green this year. It is the same week/weekend as my wife's business conference in Georgia. Her and her friends have been talking about going since last year and I've been on her to not bow out because she doesn't want to spend a few days away from me and the kids. Now hopefully I'll be able to guilt her for going into some new gun or something when she gets back :D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bring the kids! :rockwoot:Or wait for Sellersberg.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Don't know- she needs some work to get gamer ready, I kind of have a hangup with pistols that have heavier triggers than my revolvers:D. But, I did manage to load some rounds for her the other day, albeit unintentionally. I was cranking out rounds and I guess my seating die got loose and backed out some. The result was rounds that won't chamber in my 625s, but somehow they did manage to chamber in the M&P :laugh:

Bring the kids! :rockwoot:Or wait for Sellersberg.

Sellersberg is probably the best bet. If my son was just a touch older i think he'd really enjoy it but I'd probably spend most of the day chasing Batman around the place LOL He does express a lot of interest in joining me at the range so a BB gun is high on the priority list!

I haven't found a .45 round that either the M&P45 or the G21 didn't feed and run well with. Might make a powder change later on after I use up the Unique but I'll have to do some experimenting on that first. Shot some rounds loaded with Titegroup and was impressed with the difference in recoil. Nothings broken with the load I'm currently using but if I can't make it even better then what am I waiting for?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Looks like me and Mr. Hurt are squaded together for the MO State Match. Our squad number is 0. I'm hoping that is a reference to "down 0" instead of 0 shooting ability. The latter description fits me but I don't think they would apply that to Scott :laugh:

There's a Barb Young on the list also. Don't know if that's our Barb Young, but maybe:yesway:

Bob Briggs will be there too. Bob and I swap DCs in ESR and it's my turn:D

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Looks like me and Mr. Hurt are squaded together for the MO State Match. Our squad number is 0. I'm hoping that is a reference to "down 0" instead of 0 shooting ability. The latter description fits me but I don't think they would apply that to Scott :laugh:

There's a Barb Young on the list also. Don't know if that's our Barb Young, but maybe:yesway:

Bob Briggs will be there too. Bob and I swap DCs in ESR and it's my turn:D

Awesome! When is this match? I'm looking forward to Sellersberg in Oct.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think its the weekend of May 10- sometime around then. I should probably check to be sure and put it on the calendar:laugh:

Nice! I've got to keep that Sellersberg match in my sights now. Might not be a bad thing to end up missing the Bowling Green shoot; with bullets being as tight as they are I'd be running short on .45 ACP by the time Oct would roll around.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    LOL! Puts a whole new meaning to the idea of "concealment."

And yes, I would look smashing in said head peice- if it was yellow:D

Looking forward to the match in Wilmore tomorrow. Corey Estill is going to run ESR in the match and then try to make MA in it after the match. This is one of those rare times outside of nats that I get to shoot against one of the best handgunners in the nation in my own division:rockwoot:

I'm aiming for MA in ESR as well. Really, once you're out of SS in ESR you just as well head to the top because there's as few there as there is in EX. I know what I need to do to make it, but we'll see if I can do it. My EX classifier run came a week off of nats so I was trained up. Not so much this time and I know I haven't hit the next level since the beginning of March. All the same, I'm going to give it my best and see what happens.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL! Puts a whole new meaning to the idea of "concealment."

And yes, I would look smashing in said head peice- if it was yellow:D

Looking forward to the match in Wilmore tomorrow. Corey Estill is going to run ESR in the match and then try to make MA in it after the match. This is one of those rare times outside of nats that I get to shoot against one of the best handgunners in the nation in my own division:rockwoot:

I'm aiming for MA in ESR as well. Really, once you're out of SS in ESR you just as well head to the top because there's as few there as there is in EX. I know what I need to do to make it, but we'll see if I can do it. My EX classifier run came a week off of nats so I was trained up. Not so much this time and I know I haven't hit the next level since the beginning of March. All the same, I'm going to give it my best and see what happens.

You can do it!!!!!! I am ready for a range day...and another classifier lol:D

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    When is the next classifier at RB or WSSC?

Stopped in Meeks on the way down to eville today and got a box of 9 and they just put out cci mini mags so I got 2 since ruger says that is the only thing that will function in the Sr22 I bought the wife.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Speaking of classifiers, I decided to stay in Expert land a bit longer today at Bluegrass, missing MA by:

5.72 points (Score- 106.54):(

This is good and bad. Bad because I really wanted to get my "get out of ESR classifier for life" card. Good because 1) it wasn't a fluke a made an Expert run in March (hidden fear of mine:D) and 2) I'm almost certain I'll make MA next time unless the wheels completely come off or something.

Corey Estill didn't make it either. We squaded up and it was fun running with him today though. We traded stage wins back and forth through the match with tenths separating us. I doubt there's 4 points between us, whoever won neither got "stomped", which is good for me as that's always a concern when you run against a USPSA GM. Beautiful day for match too!

Top Bottom