• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Tuckers didn't have the one you mentioned when I checked Sat. I think I can dig a pro-4 up online easier than finding molds.

I'm still debating on tumble lube vs pan lubing, and if I will need sizing dies.

Tumble lube is the fastest and easiest way to lube. As to sizing, although Lee claims their TL molds don't need sizing, most of them do. I use TL molds exclusively and size every bullet because the variances in casting are enough that the only way to get everything consistent is to size. I probably wouldn't have to on .356 molds, but I do it anyway. Any other mold will absolutely require sizing and a lenghty lube process. My :twocents: go, TL and size them.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Middle Tennessee Shooters Club

Tenn state match details, figured I'd throw a teaser out there in case anyone is tempted.
    The match hotel has a block of rooms set aside but shows as being full if you try to register on computer.

I think I'm going to pass on the TN State Match this year. It's on the same Saturday as the Kentuckiana Kolonel and I plan to make that one instead. I probably will shoot the Southern Regional and Summer Sizzler in Manchester though.

To stay in the match hotel you've got to call them. The rooms are "full" in the sense of waiting for shooters to fill them up. Be sure to say you're coming for the state match to get the discount.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Coming up this Sat. Email from Scowens

Hello everybody, sorry for the late notice, but life and work are consuming my time. Our May match is quickly approaching. This month's round count will be 100 rounds. New shooters meeting is at 09:30, and match starts at 10:00. Cost will be $15

Side match this month is a shotgun side match, 9 rounds. Please no steel shot. Bird shot, #8 to #4.

Hope to see you there! And be sure to write your senators, congressmen, and local politicians and give them thanks, and/or how you will be voting next election.

Safety Officers, please brush up on the IDPA Rule book. We all could use a refresher on them.

I've heard that the new rules will be out shortly, but until the Match Director says to use them, we need to know and use the existing ones.

Take care all!
    Steve

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Coming up this Sat. Email from Scowens

Hello everybody, sorry for the late notice, but life and work are consuming my time. Our May match is quickly approaching. This month's round count will be 100 rounds. New shooters meeting is at 09:30, and match starts at 10:00. Cost will be $15

Side match this month is a shotgun side match, 9 rounds. Please no steel shot. Bird shot, #8 to #4.

Hope to see you there! And be sure to write your senators, congressmen, and local politicians and give them thanks, and/or how you will be voting next election.

Safety Officers, please brush up on the IDPA Rule book. We all could use a refresher on them.

I've heard that the new rules will be out shortly, but until the Match Director says to use them, we need to know and use the existing ones.

Take care all!
    Steve

Would love to be there but my boy has a soccer game. Looks like it will be June before I can get there.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Stats for the MO State Match:

CDP Shooters: 23
    ESP Shooters: 58
    SSP Shooters: 100
    SSR Shooters: 7
    ESR Shooters: 3:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But, at least all the ESR shooters are EX- gonna be a good race:rockwoot:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I'm almost ready gotta clean the ol m&p. Ran a little steel through it today. Worked on double taps, reloads and a little strong hand head shots.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You'd think you'd see more of CDP...wonder if the ammo pinch is influencing the division choice for some...

Possibly, but CDP is almost always a smaller field. It's not revolver small, but small:D I think it has more to do with getting into any metal 45, which a lot of guys think they need to be competitive in that division (they don't, numerous reports have shown it and most DCs are using plastic guns). 45 metal= :spend: and that keeps a lot of folks out.

Personally, I think it's the irritating 8+1 to start:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Possibly, but CDP is almost always a smaller field. It's not revolver small, but small:D I think it has more to do with getting into any metal 45, which a lot of guys think they need to be competitive in that division (they don't, numerous reports have shown it and most DCs are using plastic guns). 45 metal= :spend: and that keeps a lot of folks out.

Personally, I think it's the irritating 8+1 to start:D

Wonder what they are going to do about all the new stupid mag limit laws in effect for some states? Everybody now going to have to go to 7 + 1? I understand that the G21 and the M&P45 and the other polymer .45 ACP guns are newcomers to CDP, the 1911 division as it were but they almost need to create a single-stack division and have CDP be .45 ACP or 10mm loading to 10 + 1.

So when is this match?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Wonder what they are going to do about all the new stupid mag limit laws in effect for some states? Everybody now going to have to go to 7 + 1? I understand that the G21 and the M&P45 and the other polymer .45 ACP guns are newcomers to CDP, the 1911 division as it were but they almost need to create a single-stack division and have CDP be .45 ACP or 10mm loading to 10 + 1.

So when is this match?

Just depends on the state. New York, for example, is cool with shooting sports so long as they are sanctioned by the NRA. So, IDPA matches/division capacities are OK there as is. When we went to nationals, I took a few copies of the NRA sanction form, just in case:laugh:

On the other hand, IDPA matches have been canceled in Colorado:noway:

The MO match is next Friday and Saturday. I'll be shooting Friday and then hitting WSSC Saturday, Lord willing. Double IDPA weekend:rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just depends on the state. New York, for example, is cool with shooting sports so long as they are sanctioned by the NRA. So, IDPA matches/division capacities are OK there as is. When we went to nationals, I took a few copies of the NRA sanction form, just in case:laugh:

On the other hand, IDPA matches have been canceled in Colorado:noway:

The MO match is next Friday and Saturday. I'll be shooting Friday and then hitting WSSC Saturday, Lord willing. Double IDPA weekend:rockwoot:

Excellent! I'll have a ZERO IDPA month it seems. Soccer + early RB start = no match this weekend and I'll be out of town for WSSC match in May. Going to be fun but I'll be rusty as heck by the time I get back to shooting in June. Might be a good thing I'm not going to be able to make the July match...I'll be out of practice!

I hate it for the shooters of Colorado but they elected their people and that is what happens... now they need to un-elect them and change back to the sane side of things.

Anybody taking wagers on the new rule book changes?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Hrm, some interesting revolver reading care of Massad in this quarters IDPA magazine. A nice bit of insight for someone like myself who knows next to nothing about wheelies. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    New rules are up! I just scanned through it and I like what I'm seeing. Good moves for revolver guys and for everyone. No more revolver neutral business, we can reload in the open now:rockwoot:I was hoping the new book wouldn't introduce a whole new sport and call it IDPA and they didn't! They changed the things that needed changed- good job Tiger Teams.

Oh, yeah, no one will have to worry about division capacity on the classifier after the new rules are in effect:):

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Westside coming up! Here's the email:

Hello Gunslingers,
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on
    Saturday, May 11th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation at
    10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.

The cost will be $10.00 per weapon. We will have a minimum round count
    of 72. Feel free to go to the IDPA website for the rules.
    http://www.idpa.com/.

A lunch (bowl of chili, peanut butter sandwich, bag of chip and a soda)
    will be available for $5.00. The lunch will be ready about 1:00pm.
    Shooter can eat at their leisure.

WSSC members that would like to help setup, be there at 8am. This is an
    easy way to get your work hours.

The fields are soft, so we will have everyone park to the east of cowboy
    town.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Thanks,
    Jay L. Hile

Top Bottom