• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I would have been bringing one home if one of those 9mm were still there. I did like the size...that was actually the first Shield I'd seen.
    I'd really like to pick a Shield up in 9mm should one pop up at a good price. But not like I can really do any real shooting at current time. I have about ~150 rnds. of factory 9mm and then I'm cashed out (besides my carry ammo). I do still have 160 lbs. of lead sitting there collecting dust, for lack of casting equipment availability! :xmad::noway:

I didn't buy a pot and mold when I couldn't find a good deal on lead, but once found a stockpile, then all the darned casting goodies were sold out everywhere. (And I can't bring myself to pay $50-100+ for a $20-40 mold)

Last edited:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    That reminded me I need to rob someone blind on eBay! No need to let that 40 mold.collect dust when it can buy me a new press!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't know that much about it but the last time I was in my little shop there in Mt Vernon he had a Lee Pro 4 for around $75. Can't tell you much past that, all I know is that it is a furnace; that's about all I know about it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That reminded me I need to rob someone blind on eBay! No need to let that 40 mold.collect dust when it can buy me a new press!

I made some crazy cash on eBay the last several auctions I had going. Sold my shell plate for .223 for around $115 (paid $35) and my press for $160-something and paid like $130 for it 3 or 4 years ago. The dies aren't going that high, or at least the .223 dies I have aren't but everything else is!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I don't know that much about it but the last time I was in my little shop there in Mt Vernon he had a Lee Pro 4 for around $75. Can't tell you much past that, all I know is that it is a furnace; that's about all I know about it.

Sweet, I might have to cruise up after work and check it out. That's not a bad price, especially compared to buck and Jakes $139.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sweet, I might have to cruise up after work and check it out. That's not a bad price, especially compared to buck and Jakes $139.

$139:laugh:

I stopped in Buck and Jakes the other day. It had been a while since I was in there. I was very impressed with how they've expanded their reloading section. Of course, seeing a Dillon 650 set up with brass feeder will do that to a guy:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow! I just got my other 625 back from Paul (bosshoss) and it is a thing of art. He managed to put a 5.5lb trigger on it and it is by far the easiest shooting handgun I've ever held. Seriously folks, I've got an Apexed M&P9 that is heavier. I can't wait to run it in a match tomorrow.

As everybody knows "it's the indian, not the arrow." But a sweet arrow never hurt anything:laugh:

There's probably no one here interested in getting into revolvers, but if you do, get one and get it over to Paul. He's close, his work is affordable and timely and he's an actual competition shooter so he knows what we're after. Most of all, he knows how to get the most out of a wheelgun for you. I have two done by him (625s) and one in the shop (686). Jeff has one as well. If you ever want to check out his work, let me know and I'll be glad to let you handle one. Grelber might also, if you asked him real nice like:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man what a week for guns. Not only did I get my 625 back, checked the mail a minute ago and Jen's uplula (affectionately called in our home "the oompa loompa") came in as well. We put it right to work on the every mag from the Shield to M&P. This could quite possibly be the greatest accessory for firearms ever made:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    What's an uplula? And where can I get one lol.

An oompa loompa is a peice of BRILLIANT Israeli engineering that allows you to load mags with incredible ease. Take a look at it tomorrow- my wife will be loading her mags with it, even the 8th round on the Shield which she can't do by hand.

Nah, scratch that- you need to see this NOW

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaqyvd3LS0[/ame]

:D:D:D:D:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Man what a week for guns. Not only did I get my 625 back, checked the mail a minute ago and Jen's uplula (affectionately called in our home "the oompa loompa") came in as well. We put it right to work on the every mag from the Shield to M&P. This could quite possibly be the greatest accessory for firearms ever made:D

Fantastic! I hate to miss tomorrow but I will tell The Gunny you all said Hi!

Your Oompa Loompa is a flat out finger saver! Have fun all!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Wowee! A black plastic orthopedic reloader thing that matches the black plastic guns which apparently need them!!

Is this really drool, or did I just spit up a little bit?

Worry not Jeff, the Isaelis have love for single stacks as well. My oompa loompa came with an advertisement that said "New in 2013, the ADVANCED single stack oompa loompa." It's made just for you, my friend:D

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I won't be there tomorrow. I'm at work right now so ill be asleep. It looks like with my work schedule ill only be making appearances at RB from now on.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I won't be there tomorrow. I'm at work right now so ill be asleep. It looks like with my work schedule ill only be making appearances at RB from now on.

That sucks man! Work! Bah, should be outlawed on weekends :D depending on how long my son's soccer games run, with the earlier RB match start times I might be missing a match or so, too.

Have fun fellers! Be sure to tell me all about it when you get home!

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Appendix TWO - Approved IDPA Reloads
    Malfunction Clearing Exception:
    When clearing a malfunction, the magazine or speedloader that may caused the malfunction does not need to be retained by the shooter and will incur no penalty.
    Page 41 of your "IDPA Office Rule Book" if you're reading along at home.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Appendix TWO - Approved IDPA Reloads
    Malfunction Clearing Exception: When clearing a malfunction, the magazine or speedloader that may caused the malfunction does not need to be retained by the shooter and will incur no penalty.
    Page 41 of your "IDPA Office Rule Book" if you're reading along at home.

Yup:D You made the right call my friend. I apologize to all on the squad for getting too worked up over that one. But if someone is going to dare SUGGEST my wife earned a procedural for something I told her to do within the rules to clear a problem, then they best be sure they know the :rules::D

We had a great time at WSSC today! You know, these WSSC matches just go to show that you don't have to plug every course with 10 movers and 18 rounds to have a quality match. Good job guys! Also I don't know if it was intentional or not, but keeping the actual round count below 100 is a prudent move while folks are trying to recover from the crunch.

Great job again! Lots of good shooting today- congrats all who finished well. Shoot, I even took a stage win (hey, I gotta take'em where I can get'em:laugh:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom