• ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Good thought!

Speaking of purchases, if any of you turds want primers send me a pm, or post something, like it makes any difference.

If something weird doesn't happen when I place my order tomorrow then it looks like:

1. Hazmat charge $28.50 is good for 50,000.
    2. Winchester is $29/1000
    3. CCi is $26.50-$27.00/1000.
    4. The bastards don’t show you the shipping charge until you place the order.

I'm at about 30k now which gets the hazmat & shipping down to something like $2/1000 (depending on shipping), but things work out nicer at 40-50K.

Based on my intense market analysis (went to Whittakers & Buck & Jakes in Boonville today) looks like cci's are about 34 after tax Wins are about 37 after tax at lgs.

Were those all without shipping included?

Best I came across was Winchester SPP @$29.50/1k, shipped... only problem is a limit of 25k. :dunno:

edit: PV lists ~$20 for shipping on orders over $600 (dunno if thats a good gauge), but that would make CCI SPP come out to $27.50/1k, @50k

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Shipping & hazmat came out to $2.06 per 1000 with a total of 25k ordered, so 31.06 for win & 28.56 for cci spp.

Would have dropped some if I had enough folks looking to order a 50k max (hazmat limit) but shipping would have increased a bit also.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So was Santa good to anybody this year??? My son bought me 3 boxes of .223!!!!! Plus we went to Nashville and found another pair of Oakley's (not as tinted) for a hell of a price! Hope everybody had a good one!!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Staying tuned to this thread for info about this Saturday. Can anyone bring back some sunshine?

Hoping to put some rounds down range on Saturday!!!

I'd like to shoot also.
    6:30 news had Saturday at 90% chance of rain though.
    Which reminds me, will try and get a stage or so set up with bagged targets again when I think of it, just for the practice aspect.

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    This just in!!!

Tomorrow's match will be held on 1/17/15. Our Buddy the Weatherman has scheduled us for rain tomorrow, including heavy rain in the morning. Based on this we will shoot on the 17th. We did not want to interfere with Evansville's West Side Match on the 10th. Hope to see you on the 17th. We will send out a reminder email prior to the match. Don

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I trust everyone had an excellent Christmas and New Year's? Anyone debuting anything new? This should be an interesting match coming up for me, I bought some different powder and will be shooting a new round plus I've changed all the springs except the recoil spring in my gun so there should be plenty of chances for failure coming up! :D

Trying out Power Pistol and I was floored but just how much velocity I'm getting out of it. According to my Speer manual 5.2 grains is their starting load but I was coming up with almost 143,000 PF with that! Trimmed it down to 4.3 and 4.4 grains and was still getting an average of 1050 fps during a 30 degree day which still works out to be about 130,000 PF.

And the Ghost connector and trigger/striker springs made a HUGE difference but I discovered much like I did with my .380 rounds, you have to insure all primers are completely seated or there is a failure. The trade-off is hitting each round with a hand primer before they go into the box for a much lighter and sweeter trigger pull. IF all goes off without a hitch on Saturday I'm more than happy to make that trade!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I read some about you guys. I have just moved from Lafayette to Bloomington. One of the downsides to this move is that I lost my local shooting ranges. I did one IDPA match last year before I moved. I would have been better to not have done that since I really liked it and I want to do more.

My options seem to be USPSA with about an hour drive minimum. I haven't really met anyone that does USPSA that seems very interested in new shooters though I am sure they are out there. But it seems to me that IDPA may be a better place to start vs. USPSA. Evansville/Newburgh is farther but my daughter lives in E'ville so I could come down with my wife and they could hang out while I have fun.:)

What is it like there? Noob friendly? I have checked out the website a little but it really doesn't give people the "culture" of the club. Some clubs are tactical, warrior wanna-be's. Some are old farts that look down on any shotgun that didn't cost at least $5000. Some are so cliquish that they turn their backs on new people.

I have never been to a club/range like the ones described above and I don't want to start, lol.

Tell me a little about yourselves and what you do there.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I read some about you guys. I have just moved from Lafayette to Bloomington. One of the downsides to this move is that I lost my local shooting ranges. I did one IDPA match last year before I moved. I would have been better to not have done that since I really liked it and I want to do more.

My options seem to be USPSA with about an hour drive minimum. I haven't really met anyone that does USPSA that seems very interested in new shooters though I am sure they are out there. But it seems to me that IDPA may be a better place to start vs. USPSA. Evansville/Newburgh is farther but my daughter lives in E'ville so I could come down with my wife and they could hang out while I have fun.:)

What is it like there? Noob friendly? I have checked out the website a little but it really doesn't give people the "culture" of the club. Some clubs are tactical, warrior wanna-be's. Some are old farts that look down on any shotgun that didn't cost at least $5000. Some are so cliquish that they turn their backs on new people.

I have never been to a club/range like the ones described above and I don't want to start, lol.

Most competitive shooting clubs will be very welcoming to new shooters. If they're not, they won't be around long. As far as clubs in Evansville, Westside Sportsman Club will happily welcome new shooters with open arms. They're the friendliest club here. Red Brush has a good mix of your tactical Timmy types and more down to Earth types. The guys running the matches are on the upper competitive edge and can be a little high strung at times but they are alright guys, just don't expect big open arms to welcome you. If you make it down, let us know who you are and you can shoot with the Cool Kids Squad we're you'll feel very welcome. Mike Basden (dustydawg) is probably the most welcoming SO a guy could ever squad with.

As far as USPSA, the only active one here close is a bit south at Owensboro. The MD and most of the folks there are just good ole country boys having a great time (although the MD is a match design genius). The folks that might make you seem unwelcome there will be the same folks at RB. Again, they're aren't bad guys, you just have to get to know them and not get butthurt easily LOL.

Hope to see you on the range!

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana

My experience as a ultra new shooter: RO/SO were the best. They took the time to educate and make sure all firearm movement was safe. I applaud them for their patience with my humbling errors. As far as grouping, you cant go wrong. Just don't be the guy who refuses to paste.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom