17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting.

SSR - ESR combination

Lead[-]

Nov 13 14 9:27 PM

TAGS : None
    I've exchanged emails with HQ and they are standing by their decision to combine SSR and ESR. Moon clip guns would still have a higher power factor (yet to be named) . I've tried to explain my position to HQ and feel we should be on an equal playing field (minor vs major or speed loaders vs moon clips) and this cannot be done with the combination of SSR & ESR. At some point, someone will have the equipment or gun advantage.

From IDPA HQ email I received:

We are not going to dump ESR in the cold completely. We are looking at folding back into SSR like it was before. Back before 2005 it was one revolver division which ESR guns ruled. With a higher power factor for moon clip guns we think it will come back to being a skills race, not an equipment one. Maybe by combining the two we will actually achieve a division with enough participation to actually bump up a shooter and be a viable and robust division.
    This is a sport, which means competition. When you are not competing against anyone, it is just expensive practice for the shooter and realistically it takes up resources, time and energy that could be used for a division that would be attractive to more competitors.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I know there are several ESR shooters locally and even more that were looking to branch out into ESR so that does bite. I can't argue with the logic but it is sad to see an entire division go bye-bye.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Reminds me, TJ, any word on the revolver stuff yet?

Interesting.

SSR - ESR combination
    Lead[-]

Nov 13 14 9:27 PM

TAGS : None
    I've exchanged emails with HQ and they are standing by their decision to combine SSR and ESR. Moon clip guns would still have a higher power factor (yet to be named) . I've tried to explain my position to HQ and feel we should be on an equal playing field (minor vs major or speed loaders vs moon clips) and this cannot be done with the combination of SSR & ESR. At some point, someone will have the equipment or gun advantage.

From IDPA HQ email I received:

We are not going to dump ESR in the cold completely. We are looking at folding back into SSR like it was before. Back before 2005 it was one revolver division which ESR guns ruled. With a higher power factor for moon clip guns we think it will come back to being a skills race, not an equipment one. Maybe by combining the two we will actually achieve a division with enough participation to actually bump up a shooter and be a viable and robust division.
    This is a sport, which means competition. When you are not competing against anyone, it is just expensive practice for the shooter and realistically it takes up resources, time and energy that could be used for a division that would be attractive to more competitors.

That's it, we all got the same canned email that Scott minus the personal touches. It's a done deal.

I know there are several ESR shooters locally and even more that were looking to branch out into ESR so that does bite. I can't argue with the logic but it is sad to see an entire division go bye-bye.

What logic?, that's what I can't figure out. I'm still not sure how a small division was hurting anybody. The only thing I can put together is that the powers that be didn't want a bunch of no name DMs. Thing is, I know several DMs and none of them could care less.

But....

ESR will still be alive in SSR and SSR will be dominated by 625s. Brilliant move.

Y'all shoot well tomorrow! I'll be in the woods trying to put #6 in the freezer.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    How'd everyone like Saturday's match? Aside from having my glasses do too good a job of shielding me from the sun, and virtually all visible light, I had a great time. Great weather for December and Tac Sequence!!!!

Weve officially called it The Best of the best approximation of the Best of the Postal Match!

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    How'd everyone like Saturday's match? Aside from having my glasses do too good a job of shielding me from the sun, and virtually all visible light, I had a great time. Great weather for December and Tac Sequence!!!!

Weve officially called it The Best of the best approximation of the Best of the Postal Match!
    I thought the match director organized a very good refresher on what to work on in the coming weeks, you have a very bright future once again with those new sunglasses. :cool:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Jay wanted our squad to game the table stage because the instructions didn't say that you couldn't stand up. Luckily, I was there to keep an eye on him this time :shady:.

Least that is how I remember it.

I think everybody in our squad had fun!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Jay wanted our squad to game the table stage because the instructions didn't say that you couldn't stand up. Luckily, I was there to keep an eye on him this time :shady:.

Least that is how I remember it.

I think everybody in our squad had fun!!

Freaking Jay! Gamer! He is why we can't have nice things!!!!!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Now that you have put it together this is all really making sense.

Reminds me, nobody on our squad new why Jim was wearing a cast so we had to start making stuff up. I'm not sure that some of it is even physically possible. Hope it is something that heals fast.

He was pretty cryptic when he spoke about it and never gave the same answer twice...I'm sure nothing you can imagine, even you Grelber, is as hideous as the real reason he was wearing one!

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    He was pretty cryptic when he spoke about it and never gave the same answer twice...I'm sure nothing you can imagine, even you Grelber, is as hideous as the real reason he was wearing one!
    Ha Ha Ha!........I know the real reason but Jim will never tell, and by the way he shot exceptionally well left-handed Saturday!waaa2

Top Bottom