• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'll play devils advocate here. I know it comes across as being un-manly for the brethren, but I suggest that WSSC and RB IDPA consider not planning on matches for the months of Dec, Jan, Feb each year. The biggest reason I suggest this is to give the powers that be at each club a breather, time to clear the head, a chance to recharge and regroup. Maybe reducing the burn out that comes with running a match month after month. It's always very iffy weather wise those months.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'll play devils advocate here. I know it comes across as being un-manly for the brethren, but I suggest that WSSC and RB IDPA consider not planning on matches for the months of Dec, Jan, Feb each year. The biggest reason I suggest this is to give the powers that be at each club a breather, time to clear the head, a chance to recharge and regroup. Maybe reducing the burn out that comes with running a match month after month. It's always very iffy weather wise those months.

I'm pretty much a winter weather a pansy ass as well. I think it comes from shooting too much USPSA.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Did someone say something about USPSA?
    Sorry it took me so long to respond I just got home from "shooting a USPSA match today"
    Wait what was the question again?:dunno:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Props man, ya'll are tougher than I thought. :):

Not tough but we don't wear cover garments, we wear sweat wicking nascar style shirts instead. A cover garment would slow us down way to much and that will get you killed in the streets:laugh:.

One point does not make a line.

And what is your point? :stickpoke:
    The point is ALWAYS at the end of the line though:stickpoke:

Are you trying to make a point?:stickpoke:

FWIW USPSA or IDPA or STEEL it doesn't matter. When some clubs take a winter break it is a break for the people running the shoots not the shooters. Turnouts are down usually when it is cold and it is the same amount of work for a match for 50 shooters as it is for 15.
    When you have matches in the winter they are usually on a by the hour deal according to what the weather looks like. Well the match director and setup people can't make any plans as they don't know until the last minute whether or not they have to be there or not. Just as much stress and planning as having the match.
    When I was the match director of a club we shot year around because I wanted to shoot not because the shooters wanted to shoot. Looking back on it we were nuts for having some of the shoots we had, like 15 degrees, or 6" of fresh snow(actually that was kinda fun), or mud and water after huge rains, and 100+ temps. But that is what memories are made of:):

BTW HINT if your Match Director "suggests" taking a winter break to avoid burnout you might want to say that is a good idea OR offer to be the Match Director for a couple of months to help out.

OK I'll slither back over to the USPSA threads now. Sorry for the interruption I just want to pick on a couple of friends.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on Saturday, December 13th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter
    orientation at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.

This will be a Best of the Postal Match. We will have 6 Courses of Fire, and there will be a minimum round count of about 80. The cost will be
    $10.00 per weapon. Go to the IDPA website for the rules. http://www.idpa.com/

WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Not tough but we don't wear cover garments, we wear sweat wicking nascar style shirts instead. A cover garment would slow us down way to much and that will get you killed in the streets:laugh:.

Word.

I read one time of an Open shooter opening up on someone during a road rage incident. Pretty sure it was in the summer and concealment would have definitely got him killed.....or maybe kept him out of jail because the red dot would keep getting snagged on his vest:laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Not tough but we don't wear cover garments, we wear sweat wicking nascar style shirts instead.

This is all starting to make sense.

attachment.php

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Word.

I read one time of an Open shooter opening up on someone during a road rage incident. Pretty sure it was in the summer and concealment would have definitely got him killed.....or maybe kept him out of jail because the red dot would keep getting snagged on his vest:laugh:

Looks like it can get you killed in the streets.

Would that be the same red dot that IDPA shooters might be able to use next year?:dunno:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    This is all starting to make sense.

attachment.php

Your confusing sweat wicking with fire proof.
    What the hell is Perrier?
    Nascar= Glamour Shots
    Shooters= Candid Camera
    I do like how the green brings out the fire in his eyes:rolleyes:.
    I don't know what is worse posting that picture or actually knowing where to find it at so you can post it.:draw:

Top Bottom