• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    New IDPA gossip- World Shoot canceled. Guess there went my chance at making DM:laugh:

Ironically, the news on the Word Shoot (not substantiated, yet) was posted on FB by GADPA.

Sigh....shooting sport drama

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I need to talk to Thomas about his handwriting... Cost me 3 seconds because his 0 looks like a six, nearly cost another 2.5 but I caught that one before scores were turned in :ugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If anyone gets the scores let me know. I think I am still getting mine sent to my old email address.

Nice shooting!!

I got muzzled bad for the third time as s.o. and had to dq a new shooter. 2 times it was brand new shooters & the other time it was someone who might not have done the turn and draw before. Without wanting to be a drama queen, or pretending like I don't make screw ups, this **** really flipping sucks and there is probably a practical limit to how many times you can get by with being in front of a loaded handgun in the hands of a nervous shooter.
    I think I'm going to develop a standard "take your time until you are experienced or I will be looking for any chance to DQ you" speech. Never had issue with new folks who don't try to rush at what they don't know yet.

Whining complete.

Freestyle match vote:
    1. Hated it.
    2. Do it once a year.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Nice shooting!!

I got muzzled bad for the third time as s.o. and had to dq a new shooter. 2 times it was brand new shooters & the other time it was someone who might not have done the turn and draw before. Without wanting to be a drama queen, or pretending like I don't make screw ups, this **** really flipping sucks and there is probably a practical limit to how many times you can get by with being in front of a loaded handgun in the hands of a nervous shooter.
    I think I'm going to develop a standard "take your time until you are experienced or I will be looking for any chance to DQ you" speech. Never had issue with new folks who don't try to rush at what they don't know yet.

Whining complete.

Freestyle match vote:
    1. Hated it.
    2. Do it once a year.

Do you need a suggestion or two of where to purchase some AR500 body armor? Bet you can find it in purple.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Does WSSC have a match next week?

Gilbert - I being a relatively new shooter appreciate SO's who take the time to educate safety. Thanks for service. I have learned much.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Does WSSC have a match next week?

Gilbert - I being a relatively new shooter appreciate SO's who take the time to educate safety. Thanks for service. I have learned much.
    Yes! It is listed as a BUG (back-up gun) match. Up any normal IDPA legal pistol will be welcome to compete.

There are specific BUG rules that have to do wih caliber, size and capacity for BUG Guns.

Must be be centerfire cartridge
    revolver barrel length of 3" or less
    semi-auto barrel length of 3.8" or less

no more than 5 rounds loaded per mag or in the cylinder and no reloading on the clock. Even if you don't have a gun that fits into the BUG parameters that is fine, your score will just be tallied separately so come out and shoot!!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Puerto Rico. My favorite piece of gossip on it so far is that the local club there refused to honor the standing reload rule LOL

That is hilarious. In the past, I didn't know enough to have an opinion, but when sanctioned clubs start shutting down major matches because of disagreements on tardo rules and whatnot, things aren't looking good. Sometimes all it takes is a person (or clubs in this case) to be the first to step into the deep end and others will follow.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think they want it to be about the shooting but are taking such a ham-fisted approach to it they are making a few places mad... then other people need to realize it is just a game!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So what is the topic of the day? Upcoming BUG on Saturday? Who is shooting what? or the IDPA announcement yesterday???

Not sure what to make of the new divisions being thrown around...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So what is the topic of the day?

You turds (I mean that in the nicest way) never did say if you want an annual freestyle match or didn't like it. No votey no whiney.

How are we doing on s.o. course sign up?
    Since the last class we have lost Scott H & Ben M & Matt & TJ & a couple others (I'm really bad remembering names) from the almost always there s.o. pool and the bench is really empty. It kind of sucks when you have to draft folks like Jay and Jim to run a squad by themselves rather than let them have their turn to just enjoy a match.

BUG on Saturday? Who is shooting what?

My actual carry gun I think (Kahr) only have two mags for it but am assuming that will not be a hamper.

the IDPA announcement yesterday???

Not sure what to make of the new divisions being thrown around...

Poo poo on the no more esr. That is sort of the neatest gun I own and I was looking forward to being able to shoot it now and then. I know it sucks a lot worse for folks like TJ.

Top Bottom