Are you allergic to petroleum products?

The Crab Shack.

Suck Mist.

Where's my mags?

How are those wheels workin' for ya'?

Final Fur.

I'm not a "Distinguished Senior"

Brentbagger.

This plus the 'his gun is on fire' is reason to go back next year!!!

The FTN's are going to haunt me for a long time to come but it did teach me a few quality lessons! On swingers...wait that extra half-second and check...plus when in doubt, put another round on it!

Once anyone gets gets any word on scores please shout it out if you can!

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    This plus the 'his gun is on fire' is reason to go back next year!!!

The FTN's are going to haunt me for a long time to come but it did teach me a few quality lessons! On swingers...wait that extra half-second and check...plus when in doubt, put another round on it!

Once anyone gets gets any word on scores please shout it out if you can!

I took a picture of the board before I left. I send it to you.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Aside from the extended wait at the end of the match, this was a fantastic match all around! Local clubs that aren't paying attention to what their practical action shooting committees are putting together have missed out on something incredible. You want to take the leadership from clubs and bring them along to see what a truly united front looks like.

It also reaffirms my belief that courses can be fun, challenging and easy to score/reset/paste without being over complex. The top shooters still won but everyone was still able to complete the courses without running out of ammo, even with the clamshell targets taken into considerations (which we need to see those at our clubs!)

In the end, while I believe I had a shot at a solid 2nd, if not 1st, I took myself out by being a bit too careless and I inherited those 2 FTNs but that prepped me for next time. I had a fantastic time with the squad, my gear was right where it needed to be and the wagon was worth it's weight in gold! I bought myself a folding chair and more hot hands and I'm ready for the next go-round!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    with the clamshell targets taken into considerations

Was thinking about the clamshell stage. My latest flipping Symphony of Suck Saturday (say that 3 times real fast) included hearing a hit on the 1st activator and moving past it without confirming it was a good enough hit to drop the steel. From talking to Mark H., it sounded like he hit both steel hard enough to drop them but didn't hit them both well enough so that they dropped rapidly, & both clamshells ended up operating at the same time.

I think next time I'll try double or triple tapping the first steel, then, paper, double tap steel, paper. If I'm shooting major though, I think steel steel paper paper would be the way I'd try to go.

All this is moot if my level of self disgust remains & I melt the guns into golf clubs though.

Something much less interesting (not centered on me personally), when you watched our squad, Jim and Brent and Jay did some flat arse smooth good looking **** when they had their mojo. As a local club the skill level is different than it was at this time last year. If folks step up & take the s.o. course that Jim is orchestrating I think the future looks good.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    So the ID-PA books states this...
    " 2. If the winner of a division and classification has a better score than 10-19 people in his classification AND the classificaion above his within the same division, the shooter will be promoted to the shooter's next higher classification."

If I read this correctly, as there were only five of us in MM, if my score beat at least five from SS as well, I should receive a bump?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Was thinking about the clamshell stage. My latest flipping Symphony of Suck Saturday (say that 3 times real fast) included hearing a hit on the 1st activator and moving past it without confirming it was a good enough hit to drop the steel. From talking to Mark H., it sounded like he hit both steel hard enough to drop them but didn't hit them both well enough so that they dropped rapidly, & both clamshells ended up operating at the same time.

I think next time I'll try double or triple tapping the first steel, then, paper, double tap steel, paper. If I'm shooting major though, I think steel steel paper paper would be the way I'd try to go.

All this is moot if my level of self disgust remains & I melt the guns into golf clubs though.

Something much less interesting (not centered on me personally), when you watched our squad, Jim and Brent and Jay did some flat arse smooth good looking **** when they had their mojo. As a local club the skill level is different than it was at this time last year. If folks step up & take the s.o. course that Jim is orchestrating I think the future looks good.

We saw a few like that where it seemed the steel was having a hard time falling. I just wonder with all the new gravel they had in that lot if the constant falling and resetting weren't pounding out a gully and forcing the steel further forward making it harder to drop if you were't hitting it high enough. Our other activating steel on the Pizza Delivery Stage seemed to take 2 good hits to get it moving as well. Not sure if they calibrated it using full-house 10mm self-defense rounds or what! :D

I was considering the double-tap on the steel but opted not to...and still whiffed on one away LOL

My take-away is I was a bit too obsessed with trying to make up for the first FTN and caused myself a second by not taking a long look at that mover on the pizza stage. one extra second there would have saved me 7.5 seconds on the score card!!! I was very satisfied with how I shot everything, if a bit conservatively, aside from the 2 misses and i felt like everybody in our squad had many moments of brilliance. All our work as individuals and as a group is showing through!

Their simple change from 2 on paper to 3 on paper changes things, forces more reloads/weapon manipulation while not packing the field full of random targets. A change to that thinking on some COF's can up the round count without trying to stuff more stuff in your stuff!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    " 2. If the winner of a division and classification has a better score than 10-19 people in his classification AND the classificaion above his within the same division, the shooter will be promoted to the shooter's next higher classification."

If I read this correctly, as there were only five of us in MM, if my score beat at least five from SS as well, I should receive a bump?

this almost sounds like you have to have at least 10 in your classification that you are better than and 10+ in the classification above you that you beat before that happens..but beating 10 in your class does that to you anyway I think... who knows, worth a post on IDPA's forum.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sounds like a good time was had at SCCC! Glad everyone enjoyed and that Brad finally got his coveted DC trophy.

Do not post this on the IDPA forum, you have a Tiger Team rules committee member in your midst;)

First off, what are you doing shooting MM? Sandbagging or something!:laugh:

Anyway, you are right and wrong about your bump. In the old rules you had to beat 10 people in your class or a mixture of your class and the classes above. You couldn't count yourself. In the new rules, you need only win your class and beat 9 in your class or the classes above. I haven't seen the results so I can't say for sure one way or the other, but if you won MM and topped 9 or more in MM or above, then yep, you'll be getting a bump! Congratulations man, its very cool to move up at sanctioned matches:yesway:

I'll go back to the woods now:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Sounds like a good time was had at SCCC! Glad everyone enjoyed and that Brad finally got his coveted DC trophy.

Do not post this on the IDPA forum, you have a Tiger Team rules committee member in your midst;)

First off, what are you doing shooting MM? Sandbagging or something!:laugh:

Anyway, you are right and wrong about your bump. In the old rules you had to beat 10 people in your class or a mixture of your class and the classes above. You couldn't count yourself. In the new rules, you need only win your class and beat 9 in your class or the classes above. I haven't seen the results so I can't say for sure one way or the other, but if you won MM and topped 9 or more in MM or above, then yep, you'll be getting a bump! Congratulations man, its very cool to move up at sanctioned matches:yesway:

I'll go back to the woods now:D

You are a Tiger Team Member??? Awesome! we have a pipeline to the top!! In more ways that one, too! :D

You totally need to do something about FTN's being worse than HNT... nothing personal mind you *wink wink*

Oh, and you called and now hence the new term "Brentbagging" :D He owned them in MM and put up some good scores against the SS crowd to boot!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You are a Tiger Team Member??? Awesome! we have a pipeline to the top!! In more ways that one, too! :D

You totally need to do something about FTN's being worse than HNT... nothing personal mind you *wink wink*

Oh, and you called and now hence the new term "Brentbagging" :D He owned them in MM and put up some good scores against the SS crowd to boot!

I really should have drank more coffee before posting. I meant to say "I'm not a Tiger Team member, but I did stay at a Hotel 6 once.":shady:

What do you mean "in more ways than one"? Are you a TT member? I KNEW IT!

I'll see what I can do. I might try to work something in like "shooters with the last name Basden earn only 5 points down for FTN.":laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Meh, I hit SSP-SS a month or two back, but was already signed up as ESP-MM, so I figured I'd just roll with it to see where I stood.

I didn't double post to both divisions when I leveled up.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Meh, I hit SSP-SS a month or two back, but was already signed up as ESP-MM, so I figured I'd just roll with it to see where I stood.

I didn't double post to both divisions when I leveled up.

So it sounds like once everything is posted you will get your SS Bump!! Hollah and Congrats!!! you need to take a pic of your plaque and email it to me so we can get it up on the Facebook page!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom