• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    If we shoot one day I'll bring my 625 stuff (red holster of course).
    You are just like Don's boy once you get your head onto something.
    Speaking of kids, you guys notice that Ty is starting to move up in scores a bit?

Heck yeah, I really want to run a revolver and a m&p pro just to ease my mind of "what if"there is something that I would enjoy more than what ive got now, failure is not an option. I have been told by numerous shooters that the m&p pro is a wonderful piece of work, although 100 rounds down range is not enough to truly say if I want it, but it would give me some idea. The revo thing is something that I feel would be a freakin blast! The CZ thing, just joking about that, but they look impressive and reveiws are very good.:runaway::whip:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    If we shoot one day I'll bring my 625 stuff (red holster of course).
    You are just like Don's boy once you get your head onto something.
    Speaking of kids, you guys notice that Ty is starting to move up in scores a bit?

HAHAHA!....red looks good on me. As for Ty, I am totaly impressed with that young man, he is a kid on the way to the matches with his cell phone and headphones, etc. but when he gets out of the truck and gears-up, walks the stages and prepares his mind for the day is when he switches from kiddo to shooter, very impressed!:cool:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    HAHAHA!....red looks good on me. As for Ty, I am totaly impressed with that young man, he is a kid on the way to the matches with his cell phone and headphones, etc. but when he gets out of the truck and gears-up, walks the stages and prepares his mind for the day is when he switches from kiddo to shooter, very impressed!:cool:

Haven't paid attention to his scores but I know he also handles administration very, very well. I walked into RB Saturday and he had a $5 ready for me before I opened my wallet.

There is no division more fun in IDPA than revo. I don't know if it's a "revos aren't tacti-cool" thing or just the cash needed to get into a decent one but I think if folks would give it a try they would really like it. Don't get me wrong, bottom feeders a fun too, but in more of a "let's put the training wheels on" type of way.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Chasing Our Tails?: Polymer Service Pistol Mods | Modern Service Weapons

this kind of sums up a lot of what has been discussed here over past couple of days

Good article! Reminds me of what my dad would always tell me when I'd talk about making these huge modifications to my car. He was all about keeping it stock and that has carried over for me the older I've gotten. Either that or I'm too lazy to want to tweek on a gun endlessly.

Ty is going to be stepping on his dad's neck and making him beg for mercy before too long!

I think cost is a big factor for keeping some people out of the revolver divisions in IDPA/USPSA. Now once you buy the gear it is just replacing ammo so the cost becomes the same as running an auto once you are past your initial investment of gun and gear. I'd love to run a roundy-round gun in IDPA because I know it would be incredibly fun and a big learning experience, too. Probably won't give up my autos just yet but I could easily see getting hooked on the revolver!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah, the ESR game is really a 625 game if you want to be competitive. ESR=$$$ up front, and more $$$ to get worked and more $$$ to get geared.

SSR on the other hand is a whole different ballgame. LOTS of competitive choices that are affordable.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I actually pondered buying that JM 625 down at Whittakers, not long before TJ picked it up I believe. Never shot one and wasn't too sure about my 45 cast loads at the time, didn't know how big I wanted to get with .45acp factory ammo either, cost and all.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think cost is a big factor for keeping some people out of the revolver divisions in IDPA/USPSA.

If you mean the cost of spending many hours trying to get the trigger pull down pat then I'm picking up what you are putting down.

Revolvers are easy if you shoot them like Jim Trockman and really focus on a smooth trigger pull without worrying about speed. If you want to get shots off in less time than it takes to brew coffee then revolvers are hard. Some folks thrive on the additional challenge, most folks do not want to put the initial work in and maintain the skill long term.

In my opinion.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you mean the cost of spending many hours trying to get the trigger pull down pat then I'm picking up what you are putting down.

Revolvers are easy if you shoot them like Jim Trockman and really focus on a smooth trigger pull without worrying about speed. If you want to get shots off in less time than it takes to brew coffee then revolvers are hard. Some folks thrive on the additional challenge, most folks do not want to put the initial work in and maintain the skill long term.

In my opinion.

in my case it is actual $$$ cost :D I'm a Glock guy, not like you STI/CZ/Springfield shooters that have deep pockets and are used to throwing down fat stacks of cash for stuff :D $700 or more is EXPENSIVE for Glock guys LOL

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    in my case it is actual $$$ cost :D I'm a Glock guy, not like you STI/CZ/Springfield shooters that have deep pockets and are used to throwing down fat stacks of cash for stuff :D $700 or more is EXPENSIVE for Glock guys LOL

If you ever shot the same gun two matches in a row that would become a stronger argument.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you ever shot the same gun two matches in a row that would become a stronger argument.

This is true! But that loses a bit of sting coming from somebody that keeps sending everything they buy back to Springfield! :D When are we going to see that XDm? I"m not sure it even exists...sort of like that 625 we kept hearing about :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That was simply the gun salesmen in him talking. ;)

Yeah, you have to take everything Brad now says with a huge grain of salt especially when it comes time to recommend firearms. He'll be "This is THE one for you because it has the highest profit margin...I mean, it is the one that they all use to shoot good with!"

Or if he says that you should buy something and then lets you know that 'they have one of those at Whittaker's' you know something is up.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah, you have to take everything Brad now says with a huge grain of salt especially when it comes time to recommend firearms. He'll be "This is THE one for you because it has the highest profit margin...I mean, it is the one that they all use to shoot good with!"

Or if he says that you should buy something and then lets you know that 'they have one of those at Whittaker's' you know something is up.

So true- it's even on his $125 shirt.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon

I must be a big dum dum!, are you sayin that if I stick to what you and TJ say I will be much better off?:ugh::wallbash:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    I do not know anyones work schedule on here so im just throwing this out, im going to WSSC tomorrow 8 a.m. for a little BUG gun practice if anyone would like to go.:bacondance:

Top Bottom