• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Must have been bad mojo practice night. Did a top secret classifier.

Don O sucked and got irritated about it.
    Brian couldn't get his 1911 Trophy match to run and got irritated about it.
    Jim was doing good until stage 3, and then he started using profanities in a manner and with conviction that I did not know he was capable of.
    I wanted to do my second run with new XD & new holster. Had never done a fast draw with either. Dropped loaded gun on ground & got embarrassed about it.

So THAT was what all yell'in and cussin was about last night. Good thing we didn't come down to pester you as we'd planned. Dangerous. :)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So THAT was what all yell'in and cussin was about last night. Good thing we didn't come down to pester you as we'd planned. Dangerous. :)

Yeah! For reals, yo! LOL thought at was you all down there, we were just hoping to stick around long enough for Brad O to leave more crap at the range for us to babysit!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    According to recent tests, anytime 3 R.O.'s stand together the clocks start moving backwards.
    :lmfao::lmfao:

The only time I have seen 3 RO's standing together it has been after a match debating on if they are too tired to go eat.:@ya:

You really need to do IDPA if no other reason the plethora of SOs on a squad. Our usual squad down this way regularly has 4. It's rare that a squad has less than three.

Of course, we aren't NROI certified for the task.....but then, no IDPA SO has been found milking the timer for a buddy.

In fact, I know of no SO that would take time away....there might be some that would add time though....maybe once....to Mike's time....maybe...not saying I did...but...maybe:shady::shady::shady::shady:

He should be a MA class shooter...that's all I'm saying:laugh::laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It is a S&W conspiracy!!! LOLOL

You do seem to run substantially slower with your Glock and faster with your M&P.............................when I'm on the timer:shady:

:laugh: Man, I hope you have a blast today at Owensboro! You're in for a treat. I never will forget my first USPSA match. I'd never seen so many $3000 guns on holsters and $150 dollar mags in pouches gathered in one place! Wear sun glasses though, there will be a lot of neon shining from the sunlight:laugh: Enjoy and burn it down!:rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You do seem to run substantially slower with your Glock and faster with your M&P.............................when I'm on the timer:shady:

:laugh: Man, I hope you have a blast today at Owensboro! You're in for a treat. I never will forget my first USPSA match. I'd never seen so many $3000 guns on holsters and $150 dollar mags in pouches gathered in one place! Wear sun glasses though, there will be a lot of neon shining from the sunlight:laugh: Enjoy and burn it down!:rockwoot:

I had an incredible time! Last stage the wheels came off a bit but it was fun all the way around. Cannot wait until I get a chance to do it again!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    It was pretty toasty outside at ORPCI today, worked up a decent sweat before even getting to the first stage. :D

I kinda botched the first couple stages, but cleaned up a little as the day went along. I think Mikey really enjoyed it, even though I don't see him springing for U-SPA membership just yet. :laugh:
    A great day out, aside from the heat/humidity.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I am stunned that nobody else is talking about their shooting weekend! And here I thought I was amongst some serious players :D I think I'm ready to do it again; like Brent said I'm not ready to file for USPSA membership and pick up a compensated 1911 for $6k like one of the fine folks I was shooting along side Saturday had...but I am ready to do it again. a different set of mag carriers to go along with my Comp-Tac carriers would be nice. I also need to remember to bring a towel (South Park fans should love that line) and it was good to see guns that cost 5 times what mind did have trouble :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I am stunned that nobody else is talking about their shooting weekend!

There are reasons for that :). Nothing awful though.

think I'm ready to do it again; like Brent said I'm not ready to file for USPSA membership

Neat thing is you never need to anty up unless you want to do something at a higher level match. I'm planning to go to a training class at Riley July 19 (BFT training, how to make better course plans & other USPSA kind of stuff I think). I'm thinking it will be fun & educational & maybe 40 ish.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    There are reasons for that :). Nothing awful though.

Neat thing is you never need to anty up unless you want to do something at a higher level match. I'm planning to go to a training class at Riley July 19 (BFT training, how to make better course plans & other USPSA kind of stuff I think). I'm thinking it will be fun & educational & maybe 40 ish.

HA! I can't wait to see the scores... I'd like to have the last stage we shot back again. I had a plan and it was good up until the end and then it went downhil from there... but still, that was a great time. I think the lady on our squad...her shooting rig cost as much as my Fiesta I'm driving!!! YIKES!

Dropping the mags where/when I pleased was awesome! that felt like stealing almost. No cover was great and the stages were very challenging. Squad rolled quickly through the stages... sometimes a bit too quickly since it seemed I had about 30 seconds to get my mags reloaded before having to head out and paste/reset. my little blue wagon paid dividends again and now all I really need to add to the mix is something to set on during the match!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm glad you had a good time Mike!

Have you asked yourself "why is it that I can shoot a USPSA match with more competitors than an IDPA match and twice the round count, yet finish earlier?"

Thing about those open guns- I've definitely seen more of them fail than any other guns, except for Glocks. The more Farrari like you make a gun, the more "everything has to be exactly right" it needs. Still, they're cool and I want one:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Another neat thing is that you can go half-monty on membership for $25 or full monty and get the magazine (last time I checked anyway).

I hope you learn a lot at that class..then you can come teach me how to put a plan together.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm glad you had a good time Mike!

Have you asked yourself "why is it that I can shoot a USPSA match with more competitors than an IDPA match and twice the round count, yet finish earlier?"

Thing about those open guns- I've definitely seen more of them fail than any other guns, except for Glocks. The more Farrari like you make a gun, the more "everything has to be exactly right" it needs. Still, they're cool and I want one:laugh:

Brent and I talked a bit about this after the match and on the way to eat at Moe's (which is awesome btw) One thing that I now believe eats up time is the IDPA stage walkthrough. You have a lengthy description followed by examples of how certain targets behave and THEN everybody walks through the stage looking at it. USPSA match you say "this is freestyle, start position is where you want it." Shooters still walk through a stage but you don't have this lengthy description preempting each COF. You eliminate probably 10 minutes plus per COF just by having a streamlined description. you think of shooter rotation and how long it takes to get each shooter in position and explaining what X or Y means on each COF...you add time. USPSA is a bit vanilla in that respects. IDPA immerses you in the moment where USPSA just sort of says "Shoot, paste, reset, repeat".

I'll say it... our squad got done early 'cause Brent and I were pasting machines!! We should have received some sort of interweb shout out for showing up and being so awesome. :D on that same note, the ease with which the COFs where laid out helped in getting them scored and pasted. The House at RB is a time-sink because you are cut off from 2/3 of the COF no matter where you go. Better layout in there would help make that go quicker.

I did notice that I had to separate myself from others before a COF much more than I would have in IDPA. Brent and I would talk about it before we were up and then we'd make our separate walk-throughs and that was a bit odd. I want to talk strategy but there is so much to plan for it makes it hard to do both. not sure how much I liked that aspect of it but it was also my first time up and everything was happening pretty quickly so it might seem different my next match or two from now.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I want my first three stages back. I completely walked by at least one target on each of those, makes me so mad. :n00b:

I agree, not jabbering about strategies much is weird, but I figure I'm still new and wanted to let you get your own handle on breakdown/planning.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

No questions seems like one of the things that helps.

I want my first three stages back. I completely walked by at least one target on each of those, makes me so mad. :n00b:

With just another match or two under your belt you will not be walking by targets anymore.

How long it takes to get past running by targets is another question all together. I just don't know.

The first shooter on our first stage ran past a whole 4 target array :). Time was good though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No questions seems like one of the things that helps.

With just another match or two under your belt you will not be walking by targets anymore.

How long it takes to get past running by targets is another question all together. I just don't know.

The first shooter on our first stage ran past a whole 4 target array :). Time was good though.

That is a great strategy.... you pass them all by and your time is incredibly low!

Top Bottom