• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Insightful!!

Since you are on a buying spree, your wife would really look good with a never fired nickel plated colt detective special. Maybe add a leather holster that matches the ensemble of the day.
    I'd carry it but it is too classy for me.
    One of those guns that I won't sell for less than I think it is worth so I'm probably not going to be able to sell it.

Yeah, he is spending all that money he's saved over the years by not tumbling his brass! :D He's got mad stacks of cash!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    See this is what we need! A good ol' fashioned equipment exchange program! A try it before you buy it sort of thing! Might be on to something. Can't wait for somebody to loan TJ a Glock :D

:laugh:

Insightful!!

Since you are on a buying spree, your wife would really look good with a never fired nickel plated colt detective special. Maybe add a leather holster that matches the ensemble of the day.
    I'd carry it but it is too classy for me.
    One of those guns that I won't sell for less than I think it is worth so I'm probably not going to be able to sell it.

I think I've seen that gun in the classifieds. It just hasn't come across the right person yet. Colt revos just keep climbing in value and that is a sweet piece.

Yeah, he is spending all that money he's saved over the years by not tumbling his brass! :D He's got mad stacks of cash!

Well, I might have had until I had to deal with the appliance apocalypse:noway:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well, I might have had until I had to deal with the appliance apocalypse:noway:

I may buy guns I shouldn't with see through rationalizations that cast a poor shadow on the term 'flimsy excuse', but I'll hang on to old appliances as long as they some what still work a little bit and occasionally do not shock you when you touch them. If we were not supposed to do this then there would not be such a thing as the household fire extinguisher.

My day of reckoning is coming, being a bachelor I deal with household problems like this by just remembering what not to look at.

Has Gallatin put out a shooter's list?

Have not seen it, I'm guessing it is at least a week away.

Other thing:
    Can I drop the mag on a tack reload in any open pocket of my fishing vest? In a blinding flash of the obvious I noticed that it takes me forever to stow a mag in my pants pocket (you can see trees grow while I do this), but if I leave the flap open on a right side jacket pocket it is like an infinity divided by two sort of a thing.
    Looked at the new book and did not find a 'nope can't do it' but I thought I remembered something about 'stored securely' that might be a potential puckersnatch. The mag(s) is not going to fall out running a stage (based on a bit of flopping about in the yard last night) but it wouldn't hold up long to the jumping jacks test so I don't know if I'm legal or not.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Can I drop the mag on a tack reload in any open pocket of my fishing vest? In a blinding flash of the obvious I noticed that it takes me forever to stow a mag in my pants pocket (you can see trees grow while I do this), but if I leave the flap open on a right side jacket pocket it is like an infinity divided by two sort of a thing.
    Looked at the new book and did not find a 'nope can't do it' but I thought I remembered something about 'stored securely' that might be a potential puckersnatch. The mag(s) is not going to fall out running a stage (based on a bit of flopping about in the yard last night) but it wouldn't hold up long to the jumping jacks test so I don't know if I'm legal or not.

Absoultely, as long as its on the body, you should be golden. I want to see someone tac reload into their tube sock at speed, that would totally kick my ass! :laugh:
    Use them big ol' pockets! I see no other use for them aside from throwing brass or mags into until I get back to my bag to reload.

You are kinda "hoppy" on some stages, but I don't see anything coming back out of a pocket via said hopping, unless maybe you do a few cartwheels before showing clear.:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My day of reckoning is coming, being a bachelor I deal with household problems like this by just remembering what not to look at.

No truer words have been spoken! It is the ostrich defense!

So...I've got these 2 high-quality 1911 mags I found. you don't know of anybody that'd be interested in them, do you? :cool: or are all the 1911 guys just that rich they can leave them laying about all willy-nilly like that? :):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Absoultely, as long as its on the body, you should be golden. I want to see someone tac reload into their tube sock at speed, that would totally kick my ass! :laugh:
    Use them big ol' pockets! I see no other use for them aside from throwing brass or mags into until I get back to my bag to reload.

You are kinda "hoppy" on some stages, but I don't see anything coming back out of a pocket via said hopping, unless maybe you do a few cartwheels before showing clear.:D

I think you can drop that reload anywhere but a chest-high pocket. Stuffing them in your waistband is even an option but I'd probably be able to stick it back in the carrier quicker than finding an opening there! LOLOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I may buy guns I shouldn't with see through rationalizations that cast a poor shadow on the term 'flimsy excuse', but I'll hang on to old appliances as long as they some what still work a little bit and occasionally do not shock you when you touch them. If we were not supposed to do this then there would not be such a thing as the household fire extinguisher.

Have not seen it, I'm guessing it is at least a week away.

Other thing:

I like your appliance philosophy.

Your mag drop in the vest is cool. As Mike mentioned, it can't be a chest pocket and/or a pocket that is held open by anything other than its own material and starch and/or have weights (8.9.1 and following). Scott Hurt runs stage 3 of the classifier with his vest on and handles the tac-reloads in the vest. The RB seems to handle the "stored securely" situation not so much by checking to see if it's secure as much as building your knowledge base that it wasn't in 3 second intervals.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So...I've got these 2 high-quality 1911 mags I found. you don't know of anybody that'd be interested in them, do you? :cool: or are all the 1911 guys just that rich they can leave them laying about all willy-nilly like that? :):

Given that a new black dodge 4wd high rise cushy big cab mongo diesel pick up truck probably costs about what a nice house used to, maybe he could lose a mag without the kids going hungry. Still imagine he will be glad to see them when next folks gather to shoot. They are like umbrellas in that way.

Was snooping at new cars & such a month or so back when I got mine worked on, Holy Giant Sticker Shock Batman!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Given that a new black dodge 4wd high rise cushy big cab mongo diesel pick up truck probably costs about what a nice house used to, maybe he could lose a mag without the kids going hungry. Still imagine he will be glad to see them when next folks gather to shoot. They are like umbrellas in that way.

Was snooping at new cars & such a month or so back when I got mine worked on, Holy Giant Sticker Shock Batman!!

ok, just wanted to make sure nobody was on the floor trying not to cry...and then crying a lot over lost mags :D Looney has them so if he needs them he can get ahold of Brad.

Yeah, the sticker shock is powerful now! In the end we actually ended up better with my little Fiesta since it saves so much on gas over the old Taurus that at today's prices it is still less to drive that and have a car payment than it was to drive the old red Ford around! Hard to believe but true!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, the sticker shock is powerful now! In the end we actually ended up better with my little Fiesta since it saves so much on gas over the old Taurus that at today's prices it is still less to drive that and have a car payment than it was to drive the old red Ford around! Hard to believe but true!
    No truer words. As much as I thought I'd like to get my first truck, those stickers were a killer.
    The little Sonic I bought is rocking about 27-29 in town (and I spend more time at lights than moving, as far as work is concerned) and about 38 when I drove to Indy and Lewisport. Not the biggest vehicle, but no need, not having kids and all that.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No truer words. As much as I thought I'd like to get my first truck, those stickers were a killer.
    The little Sonic I bought is rocking about 27-29 in town (and I spend more time at lights than moving, as far as work is concerned) and about 38 when I drove to Indy and Lewisport. Not the biggest vehicle, but no need, not having kids and all that.

The little Feisty Fiesta nabs about 38-40 regularly no matter where we go. It isn't the biggest but it knows the way to Sellersberg/Louisville and is one of the funnest cars I've driven in a long time! 0-60 is timed on a sun dial but the ladies like it mucho grande!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Turned to another dark side invention... Visited Whittaker's and picked up a Hi Viz fiber optic front sight and light tubes. I really like the black/black sights on my 34 but I'm having trouble now seeing the front. I know a bit is lack of practice but after holding out I picked up a set and wow! Can't wait to use it and see how much difference it makes.

Top Bottom