• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL, I almost bumped it last night but figured Mike or someone would come along and do it. :):

Completely off-topic, anyone know someone with a used Dillon 550/650 or Horny LNL AP in good condition for sale? Been pondering moving up out of laziness (4 ram pulls per round is hard work!) :laugh:

I would have bumped it but I had a case of the Feel Bads yesterday :D I am very interested in giving the ol' USPSA a shot, no pun intended :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Gents, I'm kind of torn on something. ESR has always been the least participated division but usually at majors there would be a least a few in the division. MO had 0 ESR shooters. If anyone is on the IL State match list I'd love to know if there are any there. Don't know about Gallatin and the Kentuckiana Kolonel that has filled up quite a bit has all of 1 ESR shooters. The IN state match has 4, which is good, but it's 1 MM and 3 SS (nothing against those holding that rank, just sayin). Numbers such as these kind of discourage signing on for these majors. I'm sure nationals will have a good sampling and I'm looking to go back if I can. Outside of that, I can have about as much fun shooting locally being the only division shooter.

Seems like all the MI matches have a lot of revo shooters in ESR and SSR. Might have to look at making one of those.

I learned last year that the best thing I can do in any match is just shoot my match. Ultimately we are all competing against ourselves and we can't help how well someone else shoots. Still, the fun factor increases when you see how you land with others in the division.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Gents, I'm kind of torn on something. ESR has always been the least participated division but usually at majors there would be a least a few in the division. MO had 0 ESR shooters. If anyone is on the IL State match list I'd love to know if there are any there. Don't know about Gallatin and the Kentuckiana Kolonel that has filled up quite a bit has all of 1 ESR shooters. The IN state match has 4, which is good, but it's 1 MM and 3 SS (nothing against those holding that rank, just sayin). Numbers such as these kind of discourage signing on for these majors. I'm sure nationals will have a good sampling and I'm looking to go back if I can. Outside of that, I can have about as much fun shooting locally being the only division shooter.

Seems like all the MI matches have a lot of revo shooters in ESR and SSR. Might have to look at making one of those.

I learned last year that the best thing I can do in any match is just shoot my match. Ultimately we are all competing against ourselves and we can't help how well someone else shoots. Still, the fun factor increases when you see how you land with others in the division.

ESR has to be one of the priciest divisions when you factor everything in to be competitive, custom CDP 1911's aside, and it would be a shame to think that is keeping people out of it. like you said, no matter the concept of only shooting against others from the same class and division you still want to have enough competition to see how you rank. CDP there for a while locally was hard to get more than 5 or 6 shooters together although most were of equal skill so that kept it very tight and very competitive. I'll always consider CDP my home but with SSP being the standard and most populated division it is more tempting to shoot in that based on your last thought.

Now after saying that watch me to crazy and shoot CDP at Sellersberg this year... maybe troll the 1911 shooters with my Glock :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

If you didn't have BossHoss a stones throw down the road, and 3 or 4 easy drive opportunities to compete with him every month, empathy would come more readily :). Ya, you'd have to shoot 8 this year, but Amish guns are still Amish guns.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    ESR has to be one of the priciest divisions when you factor everything in to be competitive, custom CDP 1911's aside, and it would be a shame to think that is keeping people out of it. like you said, no matter the concept of only shooting against others from the same class and division you still want to have enough competition to see how you rank. CDP there for a while locally was hard to get more than 5 or 6 shooters together although most were of equal skill so that kept it very tight and very competitive. I'll always consider CDP my home but with SSP being the standard and most populated division it is more tempting to shoot in that based on your last thought.

Now after saying that watch me to crazy and shoot CDP at Sellersberg this year... maybe troll the 1911 shooters with my Glock :D

I remember CDP taking that hit. Probably will anytime we go through a scare.

But, ESR is really a one gun division and it's $700 minimum to get in + the goodies, action work, etc. I think it's safe to say that anyone who runs in it does so because they really dig revolvers. SSR is a lot cheaper and usually has more folks.

If you didn't have BossHoss a stones throw down the road, and 3 or 4 easy drive opportunities to compete with him every month, empathy would come more readily :). Ya, you'd have to shoot 8 this year, but Amish guns are still Amish guns.

True...kind of. Some of those matches I won't make (Sunday). I think the 8 minor deal is what's messing me up with these IDPA majors. Earlier in the year there was a lot of guys shooting ESR in majors, even some dedicated SSR guys switched over. Found out that many of them were going to ESR for moonclip practice when they shot USPSA. Most of them have now gone back to SSR and I'm here asking myself what planet I live on.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I remember CDP taking that hit. Probably will anytime we go through a scare.

But, ESR is really a one gun division and it's $700 minimum to get in + the goodies, action work, etc. I think it's safe to say that anyone who runs in it does so because they really dig revolvers. SSR is a lot cheaper and usually has more folks.

True...kind of. Some of those matches I won't make (Sunday). I think the 8 minor deal is what's messing me up with these IDPA majors. Earlier in the year there was a lot of guys shooting ESR in majors, even some dedicated SSR guys switched over. Found out that many of them were going to ESR for moonclip practice when they shot USPSA. Most of them have now gone back to SSR and I'm here asking myself what planet I live on.

I'm a hypocrite, I want to shoot what I want to shoot.
    As problems go, figuring this one out is maybe not such a bad problem to have though. Could be fun. I'm too old to change but there is much hope for you.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I want to shoot what I want to shoot.

Man, that is me right there. I know there are 2 choices... what I should shoot and then there is what I want to shoot...which is usually every other gun I own aside from the one I should be using. I've changed my mind at least a dozen times from last week til now about what I should be using from this point on in prep for the Kolonel.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm a hypocrite, I want to shoot what I want to shoot.
    As problems go, figuring this one out is maybe not such a bad problem to have though. Could be fun. I'm too old to change but there is much hope for you.

Too old? I thought 70 was the new 40:D Nothing hypocritical at all. Had a talk with Brad at the last RB match about this issue. He asked me why I wasn't staying with ESP and the truth is that while it is fun and a goal can be made of it, I just don't care if I hit that goal. Thought I did at first, but then the truth sit in. I just like shooting revos in handgun matches and don't care much about doing otherwise (gotta keep the M&P for multigun).

The problem might not be with ESR at all- don't know. I've got a bunch of plaques on my office wall and can't get excited about any majors except the big ones. I might just be thinking that if more ESR guys was in majors close to me it might be worth it. :dunno:

We also had an appliance apocalypse at the homestead this week that took a major chunk of funds. Hard not to get bummed when that happens:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Too old? I thought 70 was the new 40:D Nothing hypocritical at all. Had a talk with Brad at the last RB match about this issue. He asked me why I wasn't staying with ESP and the truth is that while it is fun and a goal can be made of it, I just don't care if I hit that goal. Thought I did at first, but then the truth sit in. I just like shooting revos in handgun matches and don't care much about doing otherwise (gotta keep the M&P for multigun).

The problem might not be with ESR at all- don't know. I've got a bunch of plaques on my office wall and can't get excited about any majors except the big ones. I might just be thinking that if more ESR guys was in majors close to me it might be worth it. :dunno:

We also had an appliance apocalypse at the homestead this week that took a major chunk of funds. Hard not to get bummed when that happens:laugh:

Ouch! hate to hear that about the appliances going south on you! Never a fun thing!

You think you had somebody chasing you, or you somebody to chase that the challenge and excitement of ESR would return? I know that helped motivate me when I had somebody ahead of me to catch and somebody behind me chasing.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ouch! hate to hear that about the appliances going south on you! Never a fun thing!

You think you had somebody chasing you, or you somebody to chase that the challenge and excitement of ESR would return? I know that helped motivate me when I had somebody ahead of me to catch and somebody behind me chasing.

26 year old washer, 11 year old dryer, 8 year old computer all snapped in one day. All new purchased in one day. We went from 1 knob and 1 button technology to a washer and dryer that lights up a work console on the Enterprise. Computer went from Vista with a mouse to Core i5 with a touchscreen. Also went from Word 97 (don't laugh) to Word 2013. Took the Geek Squad 16 hours transfer data, for a nominal fee, of course. We moved on up like George and Weezy but felt like Fred Sanford when the bill was totaled.

Competition is always a fun thing when shooting, certainly wouldn't hurt. That might be part of what I like about shooting nats. Sometimes you can catch Jerry on a stage.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    26 year old washer, 11 year old dryer, 8 year old computer all snapped in one day. All new purchased in one day. We went from 1 knob and 1 button technology to a washer and dryer that lights up a work console on the Enterprise. Computer went from Vista with a mouse to Core i5 with a touchscreen. Also went from Word 97 (don't laugh) to Word 2013. Took the Geek Squad 16 hours transfer data, for a nominal fee, of course. We moved on up like George and Weezy but felt like Fred Sanford when the bill was totaled.

Competition is always a fun thing when shooting, certainly wouldn't hurt. That might be part of what I like about shooting nats. Sometimes you can catch Jerry on a stage.

LOL Kudos to you for referencing not one but two fantastic shows :D LOL but that had to make all sorts of things pucker up and scream after having that happen. YEOUCH! We felt like that when we moved from our old 2001 Taurus into the 2013 Escape. I still don't know what 2/3 of everything does in the car!

I think you'll eventually either get Jeff to strap on his ESR rig or get him to sell it, one of the two so keep after it! I offered him $118 for his entire setup but he hasn't gotten back to me just yet.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    LOL Kudos to you for referencing not one but two fantastic shows :D LOL but that had to make all sorts of things pucker up and scream after having that happen. YEOUCH! We felt like that when we moved from our old 2001 Taurus into the 2013 Escape. I still don't know what 2/3 of everything does in the car!

I think you'll eventually either get Jeff to strap on his ESR rig or get him to sell it, one of the two so keep after it! I offered him $118 for his entire setup but he hasn't gotten back to me just yet.

Should have been 3 fantastic show references, but who's counting.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I got a new truck last week as well. Nothing was wrong with mine, this one just had more awesomeness and the trade was right. Transaction went incredibly smooth and fast as far as acquiring vehicles goes. You know something has went wrong in the world when there's more time and paperwork involved in getting a washer than a vehicle.

You probably should have went $120 on the offer. $118 is just a bit low.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think you'll eventually either get Jeff to strap on his ESR rig or get him to sell it,

Neither one would get him any competition.

You just can't sell a Boss Hoss'd slick spinning revolver. It is lots of fun to shoot, will hit anything the shooter is capable of hitting, and to me it has a really neat cool factor. Other thing is I think that it is a good practice tool.

Just can't work the trigger at anything approaching reasonable speed if I want to hit something smaller than a county.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah, revo is a whole different animal. If it's not trigger weight, it's trigger length or a combination of the two. But, I'm not so much interested in your 625. With all the XDs you're buying I'm hoping a sale with come up on some nice 2011s:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, $118 might have been a bit of a low-ball offer but i figured he'd eventually work me up to something like $122.47 for the whole thing and I'd just give him a cool $122.50 being the cool guy that I am. it's how I roll.

What Jeff does need to do is rent his roundy-round gun and let those that'd like to give it a shot, no pun intended, can do so providing they bring the ammo and he can recoup some dinero so he can buy more XDm's! It is a Win-Win-Win-Win I think!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah, $118 might have been a bit of a low-ball offer but i figured he'd eventually work me up to something like $122.47 for the whole thing and I'd just give him a cool $122.50 being the cool guy that I am. it's how I roll.

What Jeff does need to do is rent his roundy-round gun and let those that'd like to give it a shot, no pun intended, can do so providing they bring the ammo and he can recoup some dinero so he can buy more XDm's! It is a Win-Win-Win-Win I think!

:laugh:

I'm sure he would let most folks try it. Not sure if he would let you though:laugh:

If anyone wants to run a 625 sometime you are welcome to my back-up. Only thing I don't have two of is a holster. My reloads or yours with Fed primers or something like American Eagle factory would probably work. Or, I could drop a heavier mainspring in and have it work for about anything. If anyone wants to try it, let me know.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville

I'm sure he would let most folks try it. Not sure if he would let you though:laugh:

If anyone wants to run a 625 sometime you are welcome to my back-up. Only thing I don't have two of is a holster. My reloads or yours with Fed primers or something like American Eagle factory would probably work. Or, I could drop a heavier mainspring in and have it work for about anything. If anyone wants to try it, let me know.
    Man, that offer is very tempting. Will your current setup only reliably set off Federal primers?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man, that offer is very tempting. Will your current setup only reliably set off Federal primers?

Yep. But, it's about a 3 minute procedure to increase the lbs needed to light off anything else.

If anyone really wanted to give it try, I can offer my reloads for shooting if $ for the bullet, powder and primer are covered. If my cast bullets are used about $8 would cover a match. If BBI or something else is used it would be a bit more.

Speaking of which, I really need to order some lead. NOTE: I cannot guarantee the availability of ammo---even for myself!:laugh:

Of course, if someone that was good with kydex made a holster and wanted to give it to me after the match, they could shoot the ammo for free:)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    See this is what we need! A good ol' fashioned equipment exchange program! A try it before you buy it sort of thing! Might be on to something. Can't wait for somebody to loan TJ a Glock :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Insightful!!

Since you are on a buying spree, your wife would really look good with a never fired nickel plated colt detective special. Maybe add a leather holster that matches the ensemble of the day.
    I'd carry it but it is too classy for me.
    One of those guns that I won't sell for less than I think it is worth so I'm probably not going to be able to sell it.

Top Bottom