• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    It was pretty awesome, if nothing else, a fun change of pace. Also, the (mostly) all gravel bays make for easy brass cleanup afterwards. Who wants to trade for a pile of .40?! :laugh:

Maybe it was just our squad, but man everyone was on it as far as pasting/resetting. Rarely was there anyone not out there, save for a couple non-shooting wives and maybe one person topping off mags.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Oldest daughter shot with me yesterday. What a great time! Think she may be getting the bug....but there us this silly college thing before us....what to do what to do?!?
    On another note, that's double the ammo for one match. Thank God for reloaders!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Put a few names to some faces, BossHoss being one of those, nice fella and excellent wheelie shooter. :D

Maybe it was just our squad, but man everyone was on it as far as pasting/resetting. Rarely was there anyone not out there, save for a couple non-shooting wives and maybe one person topping off mags.

Nice meeting you also. You shot very good for a USPSA first timer.

Yep we had a good squad and everyone helped. Some times we have to "remind" some of the shooters that everything needs reset, etc.
    For the most part things usually run smooth but it will slow down when it gets HOT out and everyone gets wore out.:):
    Yesterday the squads were a little lop sided with 2 squads with over 14 shooters and some like ours at 10. Gary said around 75 shooters for the day.
    It was such a nice day I didn't care.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It was pretty awesome, if nothing else, a fun change of pace. Also, the (mostly) all gravel bays make for easy brass cleanup afterwards. Who wants to trade for a pile of .40?! :laugh:

Ummmm, 40 brass.
    Our squad was pee poor on the pasting, thought about yelling something and then said to myself "nope, I ain't a gonna do it, I've got a reputation for *****ing". Watched Brad come to a boil. On our third stage before the course description he gave an impromptu pastors performance appraisal that would have made TJ proud.
    Our squad did a great job on pasting the last 3 stages:).

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Talked to an RO there Saturday and he said that 3GN is going to give one warning for not pasting/reseting. Second warning is a DQ.

Wow, sounds pretty harsh, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do I suppose.
    That's pretty cool that your daughter is getting into the shooting sports. Didn't she come with you to the last RB IDPA match? Did she like it or this Saturdays match better? :D

Side note, I really liked the way scoring was done, RO calls hits, scorekeeper follows him & everyone else rides his coattails around one side to the other, same sequence for every shooter (as opposed to calls from 10 different directions). Not sure if everyone does it that way, but it was the most efficient scoring I've ever seen, lol.

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ummmm, 40 brass.
    Our squad was pee poor on the pasting, thought about yelling something and then said to myself "nope, I ain't a gonna do it, I've got a reputation for *****ing". Watched Brad come to a boil. On our third stage before the course description he gave an impromptu pastors performance appraisal that would have made TJ proud.
    Our squad did a great job on pasting the last 3 stages:).

Amazing what squads can do once properly motivated.

I've got no issues with DQs being handed out for not pasting---ON THE FIRST OFFENSE!:D

Did anyone get any cool NRA prizes from the match?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Amazing what squads can do once properly motivated.

I've got no issues with DQs being handed out for not pasting---ON THE FIRST OFFENSE!:D

Did anyone get any cool NRA prizes from the match?

Wild Bill won a 22 - 22 magnum single action revolver.
    Ty O won a nice knife & then left it on the rear bumper of Dad's truck. Dad found it before leaving and stuck it away safe and now he is watching son to see how things will play out :).
    I won an NRA desk plaque, put it in K Norton's car cause my car was afar, and then pulled a Ty O after the match, so I guess you could say that Norton won a desk plaque.
    Seems like one of the Owensi won something but ain't sure.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Talked to an RO there Saturday and he said that 3GN is going to give one warning for not pasting/reseting. Second warning is a DQ.

In our matches anyway, I think that's way too harsh simply because, it is not made clear what is expected from shooters. Either the match director at the start or each squads SO needs to make it clear everyone is expected to pitch in. People won't pick this stuff up by osmosis.

It needs to be explained that everyone there, MD, SO's, etc are simply volunteers and everyone needs to help. Especially new shooters that may be overwhelmed with nerves, jitters and the deer in the headlights feeling. I may know something about that as a once new shooter.:whistle:

If you start DQ'ing folks for not pasting, about all you will accomplish is drive folks away from coming back.

Maybe some sort of order system can be tied to the score sheets for appointing pasters and such. IE: You are 6 from shooting, you, you and you are elected paster for the next 4 runs.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    In our matches anyway, I think that's way too harsh simply because, it is not made clear what is expected from shooters. Either the match director at the start or each squads SO needs to make it clear everyone is expected to pitch in. People won't pick this stuff up by osmosis.

It needs to be explained that everyone there, MD, SO's, etc are simply volunteers and everyone needs to help. Especially new shooters that may be overwhelmed with nerves, jitters and the deer in the headlights feeling. I may know something about that as a once new shooter.:whistle:

If you start DQ'ing folks for not pasting, about all you will accomplish is drive folks away from coming back.

Maybe some sort of order system can be tied to the score sheets for appointing pasters and such. IE: You are 6 from shooting, you, you and you are elected paster for the next 4 runs.

Every score sheet should come with 100 pasters. You can't leave until you've used all your pasters!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Not a bad idea to let everyone know up front at every match what is expected. Bluegrass, for example, lets everyone know that if they aren't on deck or shooting they will be pasting/resetting. They also let everyone know there will be no brass picking until after the match.

At a multigun match, if the whole squad isn't helping you probably won't finish the match. There's just too much going on to loose time on resetting the stage.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Who is this saintly person and what in the heck happened to looney2ns ????

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I agree, I don't think I remember a match at either local club mentioning pasting and resetting that I recall... more of a "learned it from watching" thing for me.

I believe Gary mentioned it in the new shooter meeting and I think it was mentioned again when we got to our first stage this past weekend. I think being mentioned as soon as the squad gets to their first bay is a perfect time to reinforce it to new folk, as well as the old guard (am I old guard yet?) :laugh:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I agree, I don't think I remember a match at either local club mentioning pasting and resetting that I recall... more of a "learned it from watching" thing for me.

I believe Gary mentioned it in the new shooter meeting and I think it was mentioned again when we got to our first stage this past weekend. I think being mentioned as soon as the squad gets to their first bay is a perfect time to reinforce it to new folk, as well as the old guard (am I old guard yet?) :laugh:

I think you qualify!

Top Bottom