• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I also had to unleash my inner T.J. when saw only one guy pasting and he was the next shooter.

Nice:yesway:

Like falling in quicksand and then grasping for a vine which turns out to be a log chain that drops on your head.

Did not get dq'd though so that is something.

Sorry to hear that (although that is the best bad match description I have ever come across).

Congrats on not getting dq'd though.

lj98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Evansville
    As always, a great match by the folks at WSSC. It took a bit longer than normal, and yes pasters were an issue (usually are with so many new people), but the weather was great. From a personal standpoint, I was able to run a fairly clean match (except for flubbing one of the standards) despite not shooting since November.
    Also, I hope Gregg was able to find his phone.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    As always, a great match by the folks at WSSC. It took a bit longer than normal, and yes pasters were an issue (usually are with so many new people), but the weather was great. From a personal standpoint, I was able to run a fairly clean match (except for flubbing one of the standards) despite not shooting since November.
    Also, I hope Gregg was able to find his phone.

Agreed! Couldn't have asked for better weather and it was great to see and hear about so many new shooters attending. I'm happy I got to show and shoot and from the looks of the soccer schedule I should be able to make the WSSC matches provided the weather works out in our favor!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Agreed! Couldn't have asked for better weather and it was great to see and hear about so many new shooters attending. I'm happy I got to show and shoot and from the looks of the soccer schedule I should be able to make the WSSC matches provided the weather works out in our favor!

Good to hear! Also glad to hear everything worked out well with the wife yesterday. Praise God!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good to hear! Also glad to hear everything worked out well with the wife yesterday. Praise God!

The speed that everything has happened is almost overwhelming. Test results came back positive on the 30th of last month and surgery was yesterday. In between were an MRI and a consultation visit with the surgeon...they didn't mess around! Still have to wait for a test result at the end of this week and then another visit or two and get the treatment lined out after. But it was a day of blessings and great news, we are humbled by the amount of support we've received!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    The speed that everything has happened is almost overwhelming. Test results came back positive on the 30th of last month and surgery was yesterday. In between were an MRI and a consultation visit with the surgeon...they didn't mess around! Still have to wait for a test result at the end of this week and then another visit or two and get the treatment lined out after. But it was a day of blessings and great news, we are humbled by the amount of support we've received!

Wow, that's a whirlwind! I'll be praying for ya'll and the tests.

So, looks like I messed up by not looking into MO. I usually count on Manchester for easy points to nats, but since they've shut down I've got to look elsewhere. So far I have ZERO points. Thinking about IL, Gallatin, Raineer match at Music City and OH. Anyone else looking at these?

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Wow, that's a whirlwind! I'll be praying for ya'll and the tests.

So, looks like I messed up by not looking into MO. I usually count on Manchester for easy points to nats, but since they've shut down I've got to look elsewhere. So far I have ZERO points. Thinking about IL, Gallatin, Raineer match at Music City and OH. Anyone else looking at these?

I think I will shoot the Gallatin match. I need to look at the calendar for the others.

Just to clarify for me.

Illinois State Championship-Spata Illinois-June 1st

Gallatin Steam Plant Shootout-Gallatin Tennessee-June 14th

Raineer Ballistics Invitational-Dickson Tennessee-July 19th

Music City Cup IV-Dickson Tennessee-October 4th

Ohio State IDPA-West Salem Ohio-September 13th

What about Kentuckiana Kolonel-Sellersburg Indiana-October 18th and Indiana State Championship-Atlanta Indiana-October 4th?

The Indiana State and the Music City Cup are both on October 4th.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think I will shoot the Gallatin match. I need to look at the calendar for the others.

Just to clarify for me.

What about Kentuckiana Kolonel-Sellersburg Indiana-October 18th and Indiana State Championship-Atlanta Indiana-October 4th?

Confirmed at Gallatin. Tend to get mad (and dq'd) (and more mad) when I shoot in Ill. It is too hot for an all day shoot in July. MSC cup is a good match (cept for shotgun screaming and waking me as the driver weaves through deer and coyote on the highway). Ohio is too far aaawayyyy over there. Kolonel is a no brainer. Indiana state USPSA championship at Sellersburgh is close & sort of big time ish but would require big boy pants.

In comparison USPSA at Owensboro (every week after WSSC) only costs $20 and is a lot of fun.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Just to clarify for me.

Good deal! I will probably shoot the Kolonel. MCC and IN State are a toss up for me. MCCs a little closer, IN State has some of my Ohio buds shooting so don't know which one I'll go with. Didn't list any of these matches earlier because matches after September don't count for this year's nats points.

Do they already have a date for Sellersburg? Am I seeing that correctly? I'm ready for that!

Yep- 10/18 Log In or Register - IDPA

Confirmed at Gallatin. Tend to get mad (and dq'd) (and more mad) when I shoot in Ill. It is too hot for an all day shoot in July. MSC cup is a good match (cept for shotgun screaming and waking me as the driver weaves through deer and coyote on the highway). Ohio is too far aaawayyyy over there. Kolonel is a no brainer. Indiana state USPSA championship at Sellersburgh is close & sort of big time ish but would require big boy pants.

In comparison USPSA at Owensboro (every week after WSSC) only costs $20 and is a lot of fun.

If I can get my 8 minor act together in time I think I'll try the IN State USPSA. Never shot a USPSA major.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I was thinking the Kolonel and possibly Music City and/or Rainier Open would be three nice ones to hit. I don't really like to just base it on door prize support, but I know TJ speaks highly of the matches in Dickson, and Sellersburg was pretty fun for a first time, mine and theirs. :laugh:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    If I can get my 8 minor act together in time I think I'll try the IN State USPSA. Never shot a USPSA major.

FYI if you plan on shooting the state match in September at Sellersburg you should really try to get classified. I don't know how many you had from your previous USPSA matches but if you only shoot Owensboro that is only 4 before the match.
    Rockcastle shoots the 4th Saturday of the month if you want to drive a little further.

This years state match will be one of the biggest if not the biggest USPSA match in the country. 14-15 stages and 370+ round count.:alright:

Also the 2015 USPSA state match is being held at Sellersburg again.:yesway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    FYI if you plan on shooting the state match in September at Sellersburg you should really try to get classified. I don't know how many you had from your previous USPSA matches but if you only shoot Owensboro that is only 4 before the match.
    Rockcastle shoots the 4th Saturday of the month if you want to drive a little further.

This years state match will be one of the biggest if not the biggest USPSA match in the country. 14-15 stages and 370+ round count.:alright:

Also the 2015 USPSA state match is being held at Sellersburg again.:yesway:

Wow, I had no idea it was that big of a match. Glad to hear it will be there in 2015 as well. I need to get moving on this business- both classification and registration.

And purchasification. It's too bad this isn't about a year after the rule change. I'm expecting a bunch of 8 minor guns to start popping up across the internet classifieds.

Top Bottom