• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Does it come with optional pontoons?

that is a good question! I'll save up some 2-liter Coke bottles and outfit everything with them just to be on the safe side! What I don't know is if I'd have a pair of waterproof shoes waterproof enough to handle what was out at RB this weekend! YOUCH!!! And after my slip and fall, Crocs are way out of the question! I can barely rack the slide on my guns without it hurting like an SOB!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Now for something completely different... I heard a song yesterday that made me think of this movie. Anyone remember this? I believe I saw it in the theater at about age 11? :D

Vision_Quest_%281985_film%29_poster.jpg

I have no idea why I liked it, it's not like I was a big high-school wrestling fan or anything (it did have a cool soundtrack though)

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Now for something completely different... I heard a song yesterday that made me think of this movie. Anyone remember this? I believe I saw it in the theater at about age 11? :D

I have no idea why I liked it, it's not like I was a big high-school wrestling fan or anything (it did have a cool soundtrack though)

I feel like I should...but I don't. Now I'm going to have to go look this up on IMDB!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana

Awesome movie with equally awesome soundtrack... Journey, john Waite, Red Rider (Lunatic Fringe is the best on the album IMHO)
    classic teenage angst, coming of age flick. Linda Fiorentino not bad either!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That is a new one on me. I don't think I've ever seen that one before. I'm digging the wrestling one-piece and the t-shirt look of the coach. I think that should be IDPA Safety Officer attire from this point forward. Jeff will look smashing in that!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Alright gents, this thread is going :gheyhi::gaychase:fast.

Do ya'll think WSSC will be good to go this Sat? I remember something about a carbine sidematch coming up- think it will be this weekend or will there be any kind of sidematch?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    That is a new one on me. I don't think I've ever seen that one before. I'm digging the wrestling one-piece and the t-shirt look of the coach. I think that should be IDPA Safety Officer attire from this point forward. Jeff will look smashing in that!
    Haha.. I was laughing about the coach outfit right before I posted that.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Heathen:ugh:

I think I'll try it on Friday. Open class, as usual, with 2 aks and nothing but iron sights:laugh: Should be fun!

Sounds awesome! It looks like I"m going to be out of the IDPA business until after June unless something happens with the soccer fields. We have 10:30 games every Saturday staring this week and running through May.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sounds awesome! It looks like I"m going to be out of the IDPA business until after June unless something happens with the soccer fields. We have 10:30 games every Saturday staring this week and running through May.

Doh! Good thing to spend some sports time with the boy, but you'll be missed on the range until June. Just think, one day shooting sports will be his sport:rockwoot:

Why don't you take this Friday off and come to Owensboro.:dunno: Being a certified rifleman and all I'm sure you can lay the smack down. You can run rifle, shotgun and handgun or just handgun and rifle. Tac-optics, tac-irons or join me for the sheer fun of open class.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Doh! Good thing to spend some sports time with the boy, but you'll be missed on the range until June. Just think, one day shooting sports will be his sport:rockwoot:

Why don't you take this Friday off and come to Owensboro.:dunno: Being a certified rifleman and all I'm sure you can lay the smack down. You can run rifle, shotgun and handgun or just handgun and rifle. Tac-optics, tac-irons or join me for the sheer fun of open class.

I would LOVE to! and one of these days I'll be up there. I'd like to run the ol' AR through a match or two sometime soon! I wouldn't miss my boy's soccer for the world and it will actually work out that I'm missing since I'm still not 100% on my hand. Thankfully it's not my gun hand but I've injured it enough to make gripping anything with my support hand cause me some major pain! the next few weeks should yield some good recovery time!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Heathen:ugh:

I think I'll try it on Friday. Open class, as usual, with 2 aks and nothing but iron sights:laugh: Should be fun!

I know... If I hadn't already taken a few Fridays off I could have made it. For some reason I was thinking it was Saturday until I looked at the dates again last week or I would have put in for some PTO. I didn't think they used to be on Sunday :dunno:

Top Bottom