• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    In the interest of full disclosure, I saw some IDPA shooters hit the barrels as well. I don't think it was intentional though:D But the barrels are being torn up to the point that Mike had one reach out and grab him during the house walkthrough.

And not just once...but twice! there are some jagged ones in there and an unfamiliar shooter pushing through a narrow walkway might be the cause of a serious accident... in an effort to stop from pulling the barrels along with them they might inadvertently turn to catch them and either muzzle everyone or drop their weapon in the process... can't account for everything but good to remember when setting up and watching those hooks sticking out!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The banner was very cool. Whoever got that secured should also be president of the world.

I'm curious, at RB and WSSC is there a "welcome, let's review safety rules and here's a list of things you're not going to do here" meeting for membership?

I saw the banner, nice touch. I also noticed that the two open bays while we were there, were hardly used...as usual.

RB does a very VERY poor job of going over the safety rules with new members in my opinion. They kinda sorta halfa** do a presentation during new shooters sign up. This yrs new members meeting which I attended simply because of the copious amounts of family members joining that night. The guy that gave the safety talk, held the microphone at his navel, and I doubt anyone more then 5 ft from him heard him. So maybe 10 people out of the 100 or so could hear him. They also hand out sheets with the rules printed up, which no one most likely ever reads.

I've always thought, and expressed my opinion to the powers that be, to no avail, that there should be signs on each bay explaining the safety rules. I realize people don't read signs, but it would be a backup to the guy that has to call out to the unsafe actions of the nitwit next to him. You could point to said sign and read it to him.

Part of the excuse that I received for no signs was the dopes will shoot them. Replacement signs are much cheaper then the lawyer attached to a negligent shooting.

I implore anyone that see's me do anything un-safe to give me a swift kick to the back side.

Anyway, it was a great day to go shooting. I just won't look at my scores again, Pitiful. ha! It's probably because I'm not yet sporting one of those fancy CompTac holsters that are all the rage. Yeah that's it, that's my excuse. :)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Here is video from the March 1st Red Brush IDPA match. I didn't get everyone's run, the battery did not last as long as advertised. Learning curve mistake on the camera operators side was well. I didn't catch that the camera was tilted on my noggin in a timely manner.

March RB IDPA - YouTube

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Here is video from the March 1st Red Brush IDPA match. I didn't get everyone's run, the battery did not last as long as advertised. Learning curve mistake on the camera operators side was well. I didn't catch that the camera was tilted on my noggin in a timely manner.

March RB IDPA - YouTube

That's cool of you to do. I saw some things on my runs that need to be improved, namely getting into and out of position with the gun raised and the gun getting there before me.

I was confused most of the day as to why you was playing around with keychain all the time:laugh:

Is that a go-pro camera? Pic quality looks good.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    That's cool of you to do. I saw some things on my runs that need to be improved, namely getting into and out of position with the gun raised and the gun getting there before me.

I was confused most of the day as to why you was playing around with keychain all the time:laugh:

Is that a go-pro camera? Pic quality looks good.

Ha!
    Remote also has an LCD screen that shows the status of the cam at all times. Change resolution, change to still pic from video, etc all from the remote.

Yep, GoPro 3 Black. Pic quality is great, I down res'd it some to reduce the file size.
    If your internet speed can handle it, be sure to set the resolution setting for the video to HD at the bottom right corner of the video. And set the video size up to full screen.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ha!
    Remote also has an LCD screen that shows the status of the cam at all times. Change resolution, change to still pic from video, etc all from the remote.

Yep, GoPro 3 Black. Pic quality is great, I down res'd it some to reduce the file size.
    If your internet speed can handle it, be sure to set the resolution setting for the video to HD at the bottom right corner of the video. And set the video size up to full screen.

Will do!

You know vids like these are priceless to show both that the SO was right in handing out bonus seconds.

Also priceless to hear what the squad had to say about it afterwards:laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    RB does a very VERY poor job of going over the safety rules with new members in my opinion. They kinda sorta halfa** do a presentation during new shooters sign up. This yrs new members meeting which I attended simply because of the copious amounts of family members joining that night. The guy that gave the safety talk, held the microphone at his navel, and I doubt anyone more then 5 ft from him heard him. So maybe 10 people out of the 100 or so could hear him. They also hand out sheets with the rules printed up, which no one most likely ever reads.

Part of the excuse that I received for no signs was the dopes will shoot them. Replacement signs are much cheaper then the lawyer attached to a negligent shooting.

I implore anyone that see's me do anything un-safe to give me a swift kick to the back side.

Anyway, it was a great day to go shooting. I just won't look at my scores again, Pitiful. ha! It's probably because I'm not yet sporting one of those fancy CompTac holsters that are all the rage. Yeah that's it, that's my excuse. :)

I have to agree, the "safety" brief was exactly that... brief. But this is coming from someone who's actually read all the bylaws and rules a couple times. They almost should have an IDPA-style new shooters/safety type thing for new members.

The banner at the gate was nice, I noticed it first thing as I pulled up to the gates.

And you should definitely get a Comptac, but they can fail you still, as mine did more than once. I swore I had mine setup for a fairly smooth and clean draw before/during Sellersburg, yet it gave me fits on a couple stages at RB. Need to adjust those screws I guess... I would've thought they'd have gotten loose with use, not tighter (and no loctite applied). :dunno:

Good video footage as well, way better than the stuff I upped from a few months back. :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Got an email tonight from Jeff Duckworth, MD of the IL State Match. Registration is up if anyone is interested.

https://sites.google.com/site/illinoisidpachampionship/home

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I have to agree, the "safety" brief was exactly that... brief. But this is coming from someone who's actually read all the bylaws and rules a couple times. They almost should have an IDPA-style new shooters/safety type thing for new members.

The banner at the gate was nice, I noticed it first thing as I pulled up to the gates.

And you should definitely get a Comptac, but they can fail you still, as mine did more than once. I swore I had mine setup for a fairly smooth and clean draw before/during Sellersburg, yet it gave me fits on a couple stages at RB. Need to adjust those screws I guess... I would've thought they'd have gotten loose with use, not tighter (and no loctite applied). :dunno:

Good video footage as well, way better than the stuff I upped from a few months back. :D

The safety orientation thing is frustrating. . . . You folks are righty of course. Maybe I'll remember to say something next time I make a monthly meeting (it ain't like I mind being the arse).
    Enjoyed watching the vid, looked like everybody had fun ( hmm, TJ crossed by the left low target at the lake and didn't get nailed for it ? :) ).
    Would like to spill for some of the vid glasses, would really be cool to have on when you are s.o.ing, if they ever come out with a model that ain't all metrosexual looking I think I might weaken.
    orpci.org has posted their 2014 events schedule. Some real fun stuff there that is not far away, the 22 tactical rifle match got rave reviews last year.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    The safety orientation thing is frustrating. . . . You folks are righty of course. Maybe I'll remember to say something next time I make a monthly meeting (it ain't like I mind being the arse).
    Enjoyed watching the vid, looked like everybody had fun ( hmm, TJ crossed by the left low target at the lake and didn't get nailed for it ? :) ).
    Would like to spill for some of the vid glasses, would really be cool to have on when you are s.o.ing, if they ever come out with a model that ain't all metrosexual looking I think I might weaken.
    orpci.org has posted their 2014 events schedule. Some real fun stuff there that is not far away, the 22 tactical rifle match got rave reviews last year.

14% off sale right now.

I had an awesome SO who knows that action isn't illegal:D

Where is the comptac sale? Gotta get some legal mag carriers.

Thanks for the notification on Owensboro.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana

March RB IDPA - YouTube

ha! Much more fun when I watched this at home with the volume turned up. Very cool

Mike, what was the procedural for on bay 2 with the doorway? Looks like you had reloaded before you started moving?

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Have your Refund Yet?​
    Celebrate with Comp-Tac Products!!!​
    Receive 14% Off Your Online Order
    Tuesday March 4th- Thursday March 6th, 2014
    Enter This Code at Checkout
    RFD-0314

(Comp-tac sale on their website)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Thanks for the heads up Grelber! Order placed! Maybe a new holster will lessen my suckage somewhat. :)

Kisada, maybe wipe down the inside of the holster with a silicone cleaning rag. But I'm betting, you have a snag in the holster the way you have to tug to get it out.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I have to agree, the "safety" brief was exactly that... brief. But this is coming from someone who's actually read all the bylaws and rules a couple times. They almost should have an IDPA-style new shooters/safety type thing for new members. :dunno:

With all the new shooters/ first time gun owners, I think a written test on safety to become a member should be involved. A video or written material is given to prospective member, when they show up to join, they take a test based on those materials. NRA probably has something along these lines for use. I've not looked. Then again, I dream a lot.

I plan on running the video cam each time I showup at a match. Let me know what ya'll would like to see and I'll try to accommodate it next time. It's tricky, trying to stay safe, and out of the SO's way. As I get more practice doing this I have some other possible tricks up my sleeve with a 2nd cam and a tripod on certain stages that allow it.

Top Bottom