• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    We're having a very slow meltdown out my way. Don't know how much Evansville got but if it's like here, chances don't look good.

Probably pass on this one either way it goes. But, if it happens shoot well my friends!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Aaaaaand it looks like the WSSC match is a go for tomorrow. Just prepare for the cold and weather conditions. Jay will send out an official match email sometime this afternoon/evening. Also a reminder, the individual that was responsible for making the match meals sadly didn't re-up their membership and for the foreseeable future there will not be meals during the WSSC IDPA matches. Drinks and snacks will still be available and as we roll into Spring/Summer will reevaluate and see what that will bring.

Hope to see you all there!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    HAH! I was thinking the same thing.
    I know how I'd do it... :laugh:

Nobody wanted to use a frozen port-a-potty so you gotta do what you gotta do! It was good fun despite the polar conditions. Honestly I wish it would have snowed during the shoot but ya can't have everything lol we even managed one new shooter that had a good time.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've made some progress. The Dillon cranked out a couple hundred rounds for me and I took a good hard look at my guns. No dryfire or practice, but I was seriously looking at them.

So, what mag holsters are the kool kids running these days? I'd really like something with closed loops but not finding anything as of yet.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've made some progress. The Dillon cranked out a couple hundred rounds for me and I took a good hard look at my guns. No dryfire or practice, but I was seriously looking at them.

So, what mag holsters are the kool kids running these days? I'd really like something with closed loops but not finding anything as of yet.

I genuinely like the Comp-Tac mag carriers. They don't have the closed loops but the fit is excellent and I haven't had any problems with mine.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've been checking them out. Are you running singles or a double?

Doubles but only because the base plate for the Glock mag is so small. I'd be very tempted to run 2 singles for the M&P since I've had issues with snagging the rear mag's plate while trying to draw the front on some double carriers. Comp-Tac might have their spaced enough but I would have to see one in person to make that call.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Doubles but only because the base plate for the Glock mag is so small. I'd be very tempted to run 2 singles for the M&P since I've had issues with snagging the rear mag's plate while trying to draw the front on some double carriers. Comp-Tac might have their spaced enough but I would have to see one in person to make that call.

That's what I was wondering about- the spacing. I've got SSS basepads on my M&P mags, so it shouldn't be a problem either way, but still something to consider.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That's what I was wondering about- the spacing. I've got SSS basepads on my M&P mags, so it shouldn't be a problem either way, but still something to consider.

I'm assuming that Comp-tac has a basic size for their doubles and may not take into consideration any issues associated with the baseplates of some magazines. If I can remember to, I'll fit check a couple of M&P mags in the G34's carrier and post a pic. Might not be exact since the body of the Glock mag will be a touch larger but it probably won't be that much of a difference.

Top Bottom