• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm with you and for the first time in a long time I honestly feel like making MA is a reality. Just not sure if I want to hit it before Sellersberg or not this year.

:laugh:

I have no doubt that anyone here can make MA. It's all about putting in the time and work, and snagging a secret classifier helps too;) Not to get all "group therapy" up in here, but for me, it came at a cost. It turned into a job. It's not only classifying MA, it's performing MA, and that takes a lot more effort. Burned me out a bit and I'm still nowhere near motivated enough to try it in ESP or SSP. I "think" I could put in a MA classifier in either of those divisions with just a month's work, but then can I keep up the work necessary to perform at the level??? Don't know.

Just saying, anyone chasing MA has a good goal to go after but you've got to count the cost. :twocents:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

:laugh:

I have no doubt that anyone here can make MA. It's all about putting in the time and work, and snagging a secret classifier helps too;) Not to get all "group therapy" up in here, but for me, it came at a cost. It turned into a job. It's not only classifying MA, it's performing MA, and that takes a lot more effort. Burned me out a bit and I'm still nowhere near motivated enough to try it in ESP or SSP. I "think" I could put in a MA classifier in either of those divisions with just a month's work, but then can I keep up the work necessary to perform at the level??? Don't know.

Just saying, anyone chasing MA has a good goal to go after but you've got to count the cost. :twocents:

I get you completely. I've thought about it and if I were an MA right now I'd make a terrible role model. I haven't had the time or motivation just yet to give back into the practice that I did last year and I'm enjoying a bit of a reprieve. but I will eventually ramp back up. I'm on a bit of an AR kick and eyeballing a training opportunity coming up in May.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Mmmmm, maybe. Eadens & Don said it was tough and Junior seemed like he had to put his head down a bit to get there, and those three are known to be aliens.

Yeah, the scary part is that out of those 3 Greg is the only one that didn't work at all for it. I was with him at Bluegrass when he made it- and he actually shot very poorly (for him) on that classifier.

Real natural talent should be grounds for DQ.

All the same, I really believe that anyone here that wants it bad enough can get it. Goes back to how much investment you want and can put into it.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I have plans for the rain.... I heard it wasn't supposed to hit until later but at any rate I'm covered :D

What happened with the car?
    Eh, head gasket blown and something else... think I'm going to pass on repairs, it'll be just too much cash to sink into it unfortunately. It's not had much repair work needed early in its life, but that stuff seems to be coming around quicker each time.
    For some reason I think I'd like a truck, but I have no real purpose for having one. I'm almost inclined to check out one of those puddle-jumpers like you currently drive, or something like it. I think the challenge will be finding something that is comfortable for a 6'4" driver, that I also don't hate. I don't need a $25k+ vehicle like many buy these days, I'm definitely a function-over-form kinda person, for the most part. :laugh:
    :D
    Speaking of which, one's desire to classify goes to "couldn't care less" status after making MA:lmfao:
    I can see the appeal here, not that it's something I'll be needing to worry about for a while I'm sure...
    I'm with you and for the first time in a long time I honestly feel like making MA is a reality. Just not sure if I want to hit it before Sellersberg or not this year.

You absolutely should stay EX for the upcoming season, and if you do well enough at Sellersburg/Other chosen venue, get a auto-bump to MA should it turn out. Just slum it for a while. :rolleyes:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Congrats to all the new RB members that were taught the super secret hand shake last night! Big crowd of newbies last night! Well over 100.
    RB membership now stands at a tick over 1,000. It was especially great to see many females joining up last night to practice on how to not be a victim! Awesome!

I had four family members join up last night! Plus there were a couple of other familiar faces! :ar15::draw:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Weather held off today, was almost balmy. Classifier went real fast, wish I could have stuck around for the BUG match.
    I did shave about 10 secs off my SSP time, all on stage 3, so was a good day for me

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Weather held off today, was almost balmy. Classifier went real fast, wish I could have stuck around for the BUG match.
    I did shave about 10 secs off my SSP time, all on stage 3, so was a good day for me

Good job!

Defintely turned out to be a nice day to shoot. Now, if we can get the same for next Saturday we'll be in good shape.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Good job!

Defintely turned out to be a nice day to shoot. Now, if we can get the same for next Saturday we'll be in good shape.

I'm gonna have to stop you right there... I'm just gonna go ahead and call rain-out for WSSC, or at least enough to waterlog the back 9.
    rolleyesedit.gif

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

They broke the mover thingy cable before my group got to the bug match :(.

Rules stuff. Had a shooter let one fly in the dirt about 3 yards in front of him. I thought the rule was a dq at 3 but I wasn't sure so I just did the *****y squad Mommy thing & let it go. Rule is anything under 2 yds is a dq unless the target is that close (2.2.3.3).
    Another shooter asked if you can stow the mag on the move for a tac reload. Never thought about it. Best I can tell is that you can not shoot before stowing the mag or even while touching a mag (3.10), but if somehow it would work for you to keep the old mag in hand, load the new mag, put the old mag away while advancing, then I don't see a rule forbidding it.

Loading high capacity mags full really does seem like it lets you breeze through a classifier & that is cool. Downside is it seems like your shooting to waiting ratio gets worse.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Another shooter asked if you can stow the mag on the move for a tac reload. Never thought about it. Best I can tell is that you can not shoot before stowing the mag or even while touching a mag (3.10), but if somehow it would work for you to keep the old mag in hand, load the new mag, put the old mag away while advancing, then I don't see a rule forbidding it.

Correct on the rule interpretation. Scott Hurt runs stage 3 this way wearing a garment. Only guy I've ever seen do it that way.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Correct on the rule interpretation. Scott Hurt runs stage 3 this way wearing a garment. Only guy I've ever seen do it that way.

It's a good way to do it. I may have tried that once in a classifier but still found myself stashing my mag before taking a knee at P2 behind the barrel so I don't know that I made up any time.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hi-Point 45acp... go get one and run it!

HA!! I can't decide if I want to break out the G34 just yet or run some more .45 ACP goodness. Haven't had the M&P45 out in a long time and the G21 is always looking for another moment in the spotlight LOL I'll let my son decide so it could make for an interesting match on Saturday!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ok, I've talked to Jay about the match for tomorrow. Jay and Jim are both going to head out to WSSC and check out the field. Their biggest concern is ice with fresh powder on it. Stay tuned!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom