• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Please enlighten us thick skulled types!

Magazine carriers with screws or knobs that extend past the outer face of the carrier are not legal.

That seems straightforward enough, but what about mag holsters that the screws are "nearly" flush or flush unless bent????

Here's the clarification on that one:

Rule 8.6.2.6.

Magazine carriers with screws or knobs that extend past the outer face of the carrier are not legal.

Question
    : does this include magazine carriers with nearly flush machine screws on the outer face?

Answer
    : Magazine carries with tension screws on the outer face like the ones pictured below are allowed if the adjustment screw(s) require a tool to change tension, the screws protrude less than 0.125" (3.18mm) from the outer face of the magazine carrier, and they meet all other magazine carrier requirements. Additionally, all tension screws anywhere on a magazine carrier must require a tool for tension adjustment.

To see said picture go here http://www.idpa.com/misc/RC/IDPARulesClarification-v2013-12-02.pdf and scroll down to page 7.

The easy answer to this nonsense is just to get a solid kydex holster and be done with it.

Seriously, how messed up would it be if IDPA was an equipment race:):

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    In a real gunfight, that protruding knob could get you killed, same principle as a mag release that is 0.27" long instead of 0.25" or less.

So true. How many times do we have to hear "if only the adjustment screws was flush John would have lived!":):

It does make you wonder what brings on all the nitpicking but whattaya gonna do?

The thing that's got me most concerned is that the rules and clarification process is set-up in such a way that we can have a new rulebook every 31 days.

But, to answer you're question- probably more multigun.:)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So true. How many times do we have to hear "if only the adjustment screws was flush John would have lived!":):

The thing that's got me most concerned is that the rules and clarification process is set-up in such a way that we can have a new rulebook every 31 days.

But, to answer you're question- probably more multigun.:)

So they feel people are adjusting their gear out on the COF where it is outside of the rules that pertain to the amount of tension a mag carrier must have and then possibly readjusting it back into spec if they are called for an equipment check?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So they feel people are adjusting their gear out on the COF where it is outside of the rules that pertain to the amount of tension a mag carrier must have and then possibly readjusting it back into spec if they are called for an equipment check?

That's probably the public position, but in reality it's an attempt to once and for all get rid of the CR Speed mag holders.

Fail. Now we're just putting a screw threw it that requires an allen wrench to tighten.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What would you guys think of a one on one dueling tree side match?
    Something like:
    Single elimination
    3 7 round mags
    20 second time limit
    Start from draw
    Match shooters of like classification. Winner of classification gets bumped to shoot with next higher classification. Unclassified = sharpshooter to keep things unsandbaggy.

It would be sort of a copy of what was done at a steel shoot a couple years back. Folks who shot it said it was very fun and very intense. Even at single elimination you get a 21 round 20 second "stage" so that is sort of about what you get at a side match anyway.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Something like:
    Single elimination
    3 7 round mags
    20 second time limit
    Start from draw
    Match shooters of like classification. Winner of classification gets bumped to shoot with next higher classification. Unclassified = sharpshooter to keep things unsandbaggy.

It would be sort of a copy of what was done at a steel shoot a couple years back. Folks who shot it said it was very fun and very intense. Even at single elimination you get a 21 round 20 second "stage" so that is sort of about what you get at a side match anyway.

any idea of entry fee? I know I'm usually neither here nor there on most side-matches but I'm hoping to change that a little bit here this year.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I believe I saw this once on Top Shot or something. You have to shoot yours to the side and you can shoot the other guys back, right?

In any case, I think it would be a lot of fun. Great idea for a sidematch- easy set-up, fast paced getting guys through, etc.

Would be cool with a shotgun as well.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Something like:
    Single elimination
    3 7 round mags
    20 second time limit
    Start from draw

Very cool

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Thanks, see the fear I put into them for asking? :)
    You can thank me later. :)

The person asking me also received his yesterday.
    Hah, I actually thought about dropping you or Steve a msg, see if yous guys had heard anything, etc. I figured eh, still a couple weeks until the "meeting" was supposed to take place. Patience is indeed a virtue. :D

I'd also assume getting the letters out isn't a overly small task, if only a couple people are handling it.

Top Bottom