• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    We are looking at this the same way then, I could see maybe doing things a bit different if there was a reload involved sometime or having to call or non call somebody, so I figured I'd sanity check.

Barring nasty rain or the year of the range berm repair, RB ain't missed an IDPA Sat yet since I've been paying attention (none of that WSSC scrap booking stuff happens on the east side) . The show will go on, I just don't know who is running things this time, likely Matt or Scott or another of the Golden Oldies.

You never know so it is always a good bet to check. And that is a good question, too. I think when thinking pure tactics it makes since to go up the ladder and then back down it in reverse order and most of the time when people are explaining Tac Sequence they make it sound like you have to reengage the last of the first shot targets with the first of the follow-up shots. It probably shouldn't be explained solely as "1-1-2-1-1" but more like they have of "Each target needs to be engaged with 1 one each before firing additional shots to each target including make-up shots unless it is Limited scoring.

So what you are saying about RB is that my guess is as good as yours :D I'll come prepared for both a Classifier and a regular match :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Tack sequence.

If somebody shoots P1-P2-P3-P1-P2-P3 (or any variation that results in one round in every target and then one more round in every target) instead of P1-P2-P3-P3-P2-P1 , do you see that as a procedural?

Procedural, no. DQ, probably, if it's within 6 feet. Rules are rules. Guys can't put rounds into shooting positions, even if it's in Tac-Sequence:D

Sorry, couldn't resist:laugh: It's no procedural so long as everyone gets one serving before getting another.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Procedural, no. DQ, probably, if it's within 6 feet.

Sorry, couldn't resist:laugh: It's no procedural so long as everyone gets one serving before getting another.
    This. I read a similar thread on Enos forums, that pretty much said the same. Some peeps seemed to have weird interpretations, but the only issue is possible clarification of "engaged". Does it mean you shot at the target regardless of hit/miss, or actual puncture through paper? :twocents:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Procedural, no. DQ, probably

:lala:

This. I read a similar thread on Enos forums, that pretty much said the same. Some peeps seemed to have weird interpretations, but the only issue is possible clarification of "engaged". Does it mean you shot at the target regardless of hit/miss, or actual puncture through paper? :twocents:

3.4.3. A target is considered “Engaged” when:
    3.4.3.1. A cardboard target is deemed to have been engaged when the required number of shots for that
    target has been fired at it.
    3.4.3.2. A reactive target is deemed to have been engaged when a minimum of 1 round is fired at the
    target, regardless of whether the steel falls. All penalties apply if the steel target does not fall.3.4.3.3. A cardboard target with a steel activator behind it is considered engaged when the required
    number of shots are fired at the cardboard target, unless the activator reveals a target of equal or highertactical priority. In the latter case, the shooter may interrupt the engagement of the cardboard target toengage the target of equal or higher tactical priority. The appropriate penalties apply if the shootersubsequently fails to return and complete the engagement of the original target, i.e., fire the requirednumber of rounds at it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    RB November Match Announcement

It's that time again! Classifier time! We will be doing our fall classifier this Saturday. Please come out early and help set up. It is a very big help when we can get setup and start on time.

New shooter's meeting at 09:30 and match starts at 10:00AM. 90 rounds.

Please note: we have re-scheduled the carbine side match till the December match and we will get back on schedule in January with a shot gun side match.

Take care,
    Steve

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think us southern bound shooters don't want to bring more pain upon the RB shooters than what they will face Saturday:laugh:

LOL I want to shoot but I don't really need a classifier since I got all mine in July/Aug at WSSC. Plus the family will be in Evansville and wants to do something after the match and if the RB Classifier holds true to form it'll be a long one. I'll either have to pass this weekend or just let them know I have to leave by 2 and that might not be enough time to get in my match and justify the $15.

Who all is planning on being at RB this weekend?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    LOL I want to shoot but I don't really need a classifier since I got all mine in July/Aug at WSSC. Plus the family will be in Evansville and wants to do something after the match and if the RB Classifier holds true to form it'll be a long one. I'll either have to pass this weekend or just let them know I have to leave by 2 and that might not be enough time to get in my match and justify the $15.

Who all is planning on being at RB this weekend?

You are required to be there, as you're bringing me some SSP classification gear. :laugh:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The 17? Get you some!!!

Yes, will be sporting some of that Glock Perfection. Might be feeding it 1 round at a time, mags are beyond scarce.

I really want to shoot some CDP but the more I've shot that 34 of mine the more I love that gun and have a hard time picking something else to use over it!

Local match, classifier, might not get to stay until complete...have some fun, one in each hand

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yes, will be sporting some of that Glock Perfection. Might be feeding it 1 round at a time, mags are beyond scarce.

Shouldn't be a problem, that's the way I see most Glocks run. Bang, clear malfunction, bang, clear malfunction, wash, rinse, repeat...

Might actually be faster to load one at a time:p

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Shouldn't be a problem, that's the way I see most Glocks run. Bang, clear malfunction, bang, clear malfunction, wash, rinse, repeat...

Might actually be faster to load one at a time:p

Yeah yeah. I don't recall THAT many M&Ps in the top of the heap there at Sellersberg... possible they didin't make it out of the parking lot? :D

Top Bottom