• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Or just get somebody to follow you about a couple stages & send an email. Ain't no big deal, I may have to borrow somebody's 12 year old kid to show me how to film or email right on my phone the first time, guy just handed me his phone and said hit this button when I shoot last time.
    The youtube vid loses a lot of clarity and I can't frame by frame it like I can with the file on my pc. PC file lets you hit the pause button and then pretty much frame by frame it with no delay when you drag the slider and really break down stuff like the draw and muzzle flip and etc.. If you want to play with a non-schrunched vid file to see what I'm saying then let me know & I'll email. Might be another neat after match toy to bring out sort of like the chrono & etc Saturday.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Or just get somebody to follow you about a couple stages & send an email. Ain't no big deal, I may have to borrow somebody's 12 year old kid to show me how to film or email right on my phone the first time, guy just handed me his phone and said hit this button when I shoot last time.
    The youtube vid loses a lot of clarity and I can't frame by frame it like I can with the file on my pc. PC file lets you hit the pause button and then pretty much frame by frame it with no delay when you drag the slider and really break down stuff like the draw and muzzle flip and etc.. If you want to play with a non-schrunched vid file to see what I'm saying then let me know & I'll email. Might be another neat after match toy to bring out sort of like the chrono & etc Saturday.

I've got some vid (not of shooting) that I've seen that frame by frame business on the computer. It definitely would help to break down what's going right and wrong on a stage.

If I'm understanding you right, somebody else had their cell phone/video to record you and then just emailed it to your email address? From there you loaded it, broke it down and sent it to facetube. Pretty cool and there's always someone around with the latest crackberry/smartpad/iphone.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Good video! What is the deal with the squares on the ground? I'm guessing that shooting at a particular array of targets can only be done by being in a particular area? I'd love to give something like that a shot!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Good video! What is the deal with the squares on the ground? I'm guessing that shooting at a particular array of targets can only be done by being in a particular area? I'd love to give something like that a shot!

Right. USPSA has fault lines (boundaries) that you can shoot in. You can move and reload outside of them, but shooting outside of them is a no-no.

Frankly, I think it would be GREAT if IDPA adopted fault lines. It would completely take the guesswork out of cover calls.....but then that is blatantly USPSAish and we can't have that.

Same with bullet overlays.

Sheesh, I better watch it, I'm close to violating the SO Code here!:laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've got some vid (not of shooting) that I've seen that frame by frame business on the computer. It definitely would help to break down what's going right and wrong on a stage.

If I'm understanding you right, somebody else had their cell phone/video to record you and then just emailed it to your email address? From there you loaded it, broke it down and sent it to facetube. Pretty cool and there's always someone around with the latest crackberry/smartpad/iphone.

You picked up what I was trying to put down.
    Frame by frame is just way way uber cool, I now know that; muzzle flip is a lot better than I thought, I bring the gun to the target nose up instead of flat like I should on the draw, I move like an 80 year old tree sloth, I'm getting that downward motion on the draw to help with a secure grip that I want. Etc. Don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of the knowledge but I bet some of us can find stuff that helps, just knowing what ain't the problem (muzzle flip in my case) feels like a step in the good direction.

I'd love to give something like that a shot!

We might lose you from IDPA if you do. I can picture you doing a run and gun 32 round flying reload stage and being addicted for good. Really WSSC needs a monthly USPSA match, or maybe RB if they ever build the backside so early set up is a possibility.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You picked up what I was trying to put down.
    Frame by frame is just way way uber cool, I now know that; muzzle flip is a lot better than I thought, I bring the gun to the target nose up instead of flat like I should on the draw, I move like an 80 year old tree sloth, I'm getting that downward motion on the draw to help with a secure grip that I want. Etc. Don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of the knowledge but I bet some of us can find stuff that helps, just knowing what ain't the problem (muzzle flip in my case) feels like a step in the good direction.

That's good stuff, all of it is valuable for improvement. I'm glad you like your grip. It looked like your grip was a bit low but I'm thinking now it's just because of the 1911 frame. Bore axis on those dudes is a little high.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I know everyone is getting ready for the Kolonel (you are, aren't you:)) but I wanted to run something by ya'll. Jeff and I briefly discussed last Saturday the idea of having an IDPA training class sometime in the winter months.

Chime in if you'd be interested in seeing this happen and attending. No plans are in progress and there's the issue of range, and so forth. Just wanting to see what kind of interest we've got.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Cell phone video sucks. Apple product videos suck worse because of the stupid non standard picture format they use.

Youtube screwing up your video or not is dependent on the type of file you send them and the settings you have in your account.

Here is one I did of dusty a while back.

[video=youtube_share;PhRjYcxyrlg]http://youtu.be/PhRjYcxyrlg[/video]

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'll try to remember to bring my camcorder next match. So I can do the camera justice, I won't help paste or help otherwise. So no smack talk about me will be allowed. :) I'll have my grenade handy.

After editing, I'll make the videos available to anyone that requests them via utube. Unless no one objects to me making them public.

Anyone know if the pictures taken Sat at WSSC will be posted somewhere?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It looked like your grip was a bit low but I'm thinking now it's just because of the 1911 frame.

I think that is it, trigger finger is parallel with trigger motion which seems good but the grip safety puts a fairly low limit on how high your hand can be.

I know everyone is getting ready for the Kolonel (you are, aren't you:)) but I wanted to run something by ya'll. Jeff and I briefly discussed last Saturday the idea of having an IDPA training class sometime in the winter months.

Chime in if you'd be interested in seeing this happen and attending. No plans are in progress and there's the issue of range, and so forth. Just wanting to see what kind of interest we've got.

Obviously I would support that. It is fun to watch our club get better!

Cell phone video sucks. Apple product videos suck worse because of the stupid non standard picture format they use.

Youtube screwing up your video or not is dependent on the type of file you send them and the settings you have in your account.

Here is one I did of dusty a while back.

[video=youtube_share;PhRjYcxyrlg]http://youtu.be/PhRjYcxyrlg[/video]

Ah - ha between you & dgtk (sp?) we now have two people who know what they are doing! This is a good thing.

I won't help paste or help otherwise.

More news at 11.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

I think that would be a great idea. I can be hard to nail down a lot of the time but I'd love to help anyway that I could.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Cool vid, Looney. Mike has that Chris Costa look going on, but with the steely gaze of Travis Haley. :laugh:

I also support the "Training Day"™ idea fully 110%. We should definitely get that kind of thing going. :yesway:

Also, if you guys ever need help with videos, conversion, getting something viewable, let me know. I've had a fair bit of exp. with getting stuff formatted correctly for various devices/players. All this talk about pics and videos has me pondering the idea of getting one of the GoPro Hero cams. I'm not big into the extreme sports and whatnot, but I figure something like that and maybe a nice timer would be a better purchase than just picking up a random new gun, even though it would be pretty cool to win that M&P9 from the raffle, or maybe luck out and pick up something from the Kolonel. I assume those door prizes (i think that latest email mentioned 4 guns up for grabs) would be associated with the sport at hand (i.e. not cowboy-style .22 six shooters and the like)? Just a thought that crossed my mind...

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    +1 for training day!

Re: photos from Saturday; I need to get them to Jay. He wants to put some on the web site. I had a web site of my own a while back but no longer. I'll see about putting them on public folder of my drop box account. Will let you know when they are there and then scarf up whichever ones you want

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville

I think a training day is great idea.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Anybody got he pre-Sellersberg jitters? LOL

I just finished cleaning my gun and loading up the range bag with what I think I will need. Hopefully between he lot of us we won't want for much just in case somebody does forget something.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Anybody got he pre-Sellersberg jitters? LOL

I just finished cleaning my gun and loading up the range bag with what I think I will need. Hopefully between he lot of us we won't want for much just in case somebody does forget something.

Well, I don't have the jitters, but I remember my first major and I certainly had them then:laugh: I'm just aiming to put in a good, consistent performance.

Do you not plan to shoot before Saturday?

Don't forget a back-up gun if you've got it:twocents:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    +1 for training day!

Re: photos from Saturday; I need to get them to Jay. He wants to put some on the web site. I had a web site of my own a while back but no longer. I'll see about putting them on public folder of my drop box account. Will let you know when they are there and then scarf up whichever ones you want

Thanks for doing this man! :yesway:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom