Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on
    Saturday, October 12th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation
    at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.

We will have 6 Courses of Fire, and there will be a minimum round count
    of 58. The cost will be $10.00 per weapon. Feel free to contact me or go
    to the IDPA website for the rules. http://www.idpa.com/

A lunch will be available for $5.00. The lunch will be ready about
    1:00pm. Shooters can eat at their leisure.

WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am. This is an
    easy way to get your work hours.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Thanks,
    Jay L. Hile

For those wanting a greater round count, remember that round dumping is now legal:)

Or, you could sign up to shoot twice :D That there makes your count 116 minimum! :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I'd almost be tempted to do that. Does it cost the same to run second gun and/or gun twice?

Hopefully Jay or Jim will be by here shortly to answer that but I think it's $10 a gun...it's been such a long time since I've shot 2 guns that I honestly don't remember. I know it was $15 for your first and then $5 for your second at RB but I don't know what it is at WSSC.

that has me thinking about doing it, too.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Does WSSC have an IDPA box? The one at RB is a good 1/16 under length spec (age and weather I reckon) & I'd get a warm and fuzzy from double checking with one that is the right size.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You know, I'd almost be tempted to do that. Does it cost the same to run second gun and/or gun twice?

Hopefully Jay or Jim will be by here shortly to answer that but I think it's $10 a gun...it's been such a long time since I've shot 2 guns that I honestly don't remember. I know it was $15 for your first and then $5 for your second at RB but I don't know what it is at WSSC.

that has me thinking about doing it, too.

When I've ran two at WSSC it's been $10/gun.

Does WSSC have an IDPA box? The one at RB is a good 1/16 under length spec (age and weather I reckon) & I'd get a warm and fuzzy from double checking with one that is the right size.

I'm pretty sure they do. We will have to let Jay know to bust it out on Saturday.

More drama that revo gets you out of gents:laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Did you try to fit your gun into that one or just take measurements?

Tried 3 STI Eagles (2 mine one Brad's) no fitty boxie without squishy. Everyone else in the whole wide world says that they fit no problem, file: it sucks to be me. Chamfered the barrel on my 9mm ($30.00 & it looks cool) but want to shoot the 40 instead and don't want to muck with it in a hurry.

For more on STI box drama

What does 'fits in the box' mean? - IDPA Shooting - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seems that some have a very unique interpretation of how to make those guns fit the box:laugh:

Actually, sometimes I don't have gas. Google tells me there used to be an IDPA forums thread titled something like "what does fit in the box really mean" , but it seems like it was maybe deleted when IDPA mucked around with their website.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Actually, sometimes I don't have gas. Google tells me there used to be an IDPA forums thread titled something like "what does fit in the box really mean" , but it seems like it was maybe deleted when IDPA mucked around with their website.

Ha! I read that post and wondered if it you was you. Great screen name:laugh:

I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with it on short order.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I gave 15 rounds to my brother to run through the chronograph. 3 dif loads. Thanks in advance for checking them fpr me guys!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    A big :+1: to the WSSC boys for a great match today! I know of no other club that does so much with so little. Good stuff and keep up the good work!

I had a blast, really too much fun for any serious kind of shooting. Last stage was especially fun after I ran it and the bottom feeders all said "wha!! I want to run it that way!!" LOL

Also had a bunch of firsts today:
    Shot my first XD....and then another one- thanks David and other dude (those XD's don't autoforward in case you've ever wondered)
    Shot my first CZ- thanks Brent!
    Shot my first STI Eagle in 40- sweet gun, appreciate it Jeff!
    Shot my first STI Eagle in 9mm- great gun again, thanks Jim!
    My first Colt 1911

Appraisal of them all- they are all great guns. I think I could be just as happy with any of them as I am my M&P. The XDs had nicer triggers in them than I expected. I think the CZ is cool too, had a nice trigger and is all metal, but I don't know that it pays off. I'd like to put a load doing below 200pf through it to be sure:laugh: The Colt was nice, but honestly a bit of a handful with 185pf ammo (it wasn't a full size 1911). The Eagles were awesomeness, even though they have external safeties:D.

What's all this mean? For starters, I'll have to double up my dryfire this week to get those short, lite triggers out of my mind. Also, I've been planning to run some bottom feeder next year and I've got an idea of what I'd like. Jim murmured something about not being happy with one of his STIs. I may have to procure it:)

Good times! The party definitely starts when the match is over LOL

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Agreed, good simple shoot today. Think I did pretty well on a couple stages, and not so much on a couple other. Standards always seem to mess me up and I'm not sure why. I still feel I do better on the dynamic-style stages with movement, crouching tiger stances and all that good stuff.

Also think I'm going to switch my load back to what I was shooting last month at WSSC. I was pretty pleased with my scores for the most part, I'm not even real sure why I decided to change it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom