• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A big :+1: to the WSSC boys for a great match today!

Ditto !!
    Particular thanks for making the range available for chrono testing, helping me through my whole fitment phobia, and giving us the option to get more practice in. A very nice gesture particularly when you consider that it was added on top of a long days worth of set up - match - tear down and etc..

lj98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Evansville
    I second the above sentiments. A great match (again) today. Kudos to all involved, I must have missed out by not staying for the post match festivities.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Always a great time! Wish I could have been able to help out earlier instead of coming in hot and having to head early...but hopefully Big Man and his awesome pasting job helped make up for that!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Scores are up! Looks like Mike and David are ready for Sellersberg:rockwoot:Good shooting all!

What happened to everyone on the "Save the Hero" and "Box Drill Standard" stages? Can't believe a wheelgunner ran away with those:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL

for me, I can't believe how well I've managed to mesh with that 9mm. If you'd have told me 6 months ago that I would be having success in a division with a gun that I had only just purchased I'd have recommended you for the looney bin. I'd say the gun and the new sights agree with me...now to see if I can squash the nerves and just have a solid match and not do anything to hurt myself in he end.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    LOL

for me, I can't believe how well I've managed to mesh with that 9mm. If you'd have told me 6 months ago that I would be having success in a division with a gun that I had only just purchased I'd have recommended you for the looney bin. I'd say the gun and the new sights agree with me...now to see if I can squash the nerves and just have a solid match and not do anything to hurt myself in he end.

You're running well with it! I really think once we're on the range and you get a course down the nerves will settle.

Gotta say, I enjoyed running a little bottom feeder today. One gent was nice enough to let me run his XD40 on the steel stage, and I ran it in 5.78 (of course, I choked when it wouldn't autoforward for me, serious design flaw in the XDs:D). So, I guess the time as actually 10.78 for -10 on the last mover:laugh: I was just happy I hit the reload without turning the gun upside down.

I've got three majors left this year and two SO commitments in Lexington and Wilmore. I might just bring out the 9mm for those SO matches. Starting on it seriously is going to be starting all over for me, but it's kind of like putting training wheels on after running ESR and I'll be happy to make this hobby less like a job for a bit:laugh:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    LOL

Mike, was going through photos from today and one thing that stood out to me immediately was how fast the slide on your G34 cycles. The shell is barely ejected & the slide is already back in battery. Other guns captured didn't seem to be cycling nearly as fast. Pretty cool

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Mike, was going through photos from today and one thing that stood out to me immediately was how fast the slide on your G34 cycles. The shell is barely ejected & the slide is already back in battery. Other guns captured didn't seem to be cycling nearly as fast. Pretty cool

_DJG2080-Edit.jpg_DJG2081-Edit.jpg
    Check out that recoil control! And see how quickly the slide is back in battery, the shell has just been ejected

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    View attachment 22260View attachment 22261
    Check out that recoil control! And see how quickly the slide is back in battery, the shell has just been ejected

That is the way DD reloads, sometimes the brass is dribbling so slow that it is still coming down after you are done pasting.
    (I.E. us losers at least get to be snipey :))

Really cool photos and good scores fellows!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    View attachment 22260View attachment 22261

:D man, that is so cool that you brought out you gear and shot pictures! Not every day you can say you went to a match and shot everybody there!

I wonder if the quick cycle is due in part to the new Gen4 dual- recoil spring...and the other part due to the snazzy vest :D

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    :D man, that is so cool that you brought out you gear and shot pictures! Not every day you can say you went to a match and shot everybody there!

I wonder if the quick cycle is due in part to the new Gen4 dual- recoil spring...and the other part due to the snazzy vest :D

LOL, definitely the vest, I had not factored that i nto the equation!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    IMG 0823 - YouTube

This is what the range at Sellersbergh looks like.
    Couple neat things, when you upload to Utube you lose a lot of video quality, else it is amazing how clear basic cell phone recordings look when you email them to your home pc, you can slow them down & really break down the details of what you are doing wrong. Maybe old news to everybody else but I was surprised, maybe a really good tool that can be used often and easy.
    Other thing, the slide closed with empty round in the air thing appears to be just how things work, saw it on videos whenever I looked for it.

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    IMG 0823 - YouTube

This is what the range at Sellersbergh looks like.
    Couple neat things, when you upload to Utube you lose a lot of video quality, else it is amazing how clear basic cell phone recordings look when you email them to your home pc, you can slow them down & really break down the details of what you are doing wrong. Maybe old news to everybody else but I was surprised, maybe a really good tool that can be used often and easy.
    Other thing, the slide closed with empty round in the air thing appears to be just how things work, saw it on videos whenever I looked for it.

Good vid and info. I've thought about bringing out the video recorder but haven't wanted it bad enough to add it into the bag. Probably should.

Or, I guess I could come into the modern age and get a cellphone that can record stuff.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom