• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't want to mess with a different platform, pistol this close to Sellersburg so will stick with what I plan to run there.
    Question... If we run the classifier and score worse, drop a class, what happens? Do we stay at the higher class?
    Seems there's an opportunity for less scrupulous gamers to drop down?

Changing pistols bad, changing pistols soon before a match you'd like to be your best at , real bad (i.e. right or wrong I agree with you, I'm not even changing socks or underwear till after the 21st).

On the gaming thing I think it is a non issue. No matter how you approach the classifiers eventually the match scores come out and then you iz what you iz.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Changing pistols bad, changing pistols soon before a match you'd like to be your best at , real bad (i.e. right or wrong I agree with you, I'm not even changing socks or underwear till after the 21st).

On the gaming thing I think it is a non issue. No matter how you approach the classifiers eventually the match scores come out and then you iz what you iz.

I'd love to try a CDP run but I'm not touching another pistol until I'm back from Sellersberg. I've spent too much time getting used to the new girl and I don't want to jinx anything! LOL

The thing that scares me is the only time an RB Classifier has clocked in at under 17 hours is the one in Feb and we had snow on the ground. The good news is that I have a friend that I work with that is interested in getting himself and his son into competitive shooting so it may not be a bad time to come out and see the skills test they'll have to take one of these days anyway.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The thing that scares me is the only time an RB Classifier has clocked in at under 17 hours is the one in Feb and we had snow on the ground.

The icky times are when it is 150 degrees outside, 80 degrees or so and an afternoon with more than normal bs time I can handle. What worries me is a 60% chance of rain, lots of rain chances on the days before, & I failed to remain vertical with only a slight dew on the grass at WSSC.

May want one of those camera crews set up right at the barrel.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    What's wrong with HW? And yes I'm being forced.

I suspected this wasn't a voluntary thing. As for HW, the better question is "what's right about HW?" Oh, I forgot, they give "free" drinks. You only have to mortgage the house to get the family in there.

Side note on Holiday World and firearms. It was brought up in a thread a few years ago about their stance on firearms. Everyone was cool with usual "it's their right, we'll spend money elsewhere" thing. But, the security guru for HW (a former church member here) somehow or another found out about it and joined INGO to 'splain their position. He'd done just as well to jump into a viper pit:laugh:

You must be some how keeping it a secret from the minions you speak of in your household.

Oh, the minions and their mother venture out there about once a year (although not this year, guess the admission cost was too much for Momma Minion). But I have always managed to use my "Milam Escape Manuevers" to get out of the situation. So far, so good. ;)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Grelber made me look at the forecast. Nice. If it holds, looks like I'll be shooting the IN State Match in the rain. And they've got a prone stage.

Time to bust out the rain gear and CROCS:rockwoot:
    :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If I can get out of there before 3:00 pm I'll be happy. I have a date with the Mrs and I don't need a classification in ESP so rain or shine, 3 just might be my cut off time :D

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Roger that, I'll bring it & see if the ranges / shooters on the squad are ok with it (Ranges from legal perspective, shooters from pucker perspective :):). Will find somewhere to post them so people can grab whichever images they want

I have access to the WSSC web site and would love to post pictures from our shoots.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Still off topic but since the water park is closed now it only gonna cost one leg to get the family in. $60 for all 3 of us.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you want to do something with the kids, take them to the Owensboro river front. They have an incredible playground and observation areas plus a concession stand, too. And it is free to go there; you can then take the money you would have spent at Holiday World and go to Moonlight BBQ and Whittaker's!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    If you want to do something with the kids, take them to the Owensboro river front. They have an incredible playground and observation areas plus a concession stand, too. And it is free to go there; you can then take the money you would have spent at Holiday World and go to Moonlight BBQ and Whittaker's!

Excellent idea! I approve of this message. :)

never been to the riverfront there but the rest sounds pretty good!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Excellent idea! I approve of this message. :)

never been to the riverfront there but the rest sounds pretty good!

The Owensboro riverfront puts everybody else's riverfront to shame! Really nice, I was very impresses wih how nice it is. They made the best use of the space from he old Executive Inn.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I genuinely like going there but the last few times we have it has been a complete bust due to the weather. I try my best to drink $45 worth of Diet Mt Dew if possible.

Top Bottom