• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Email for RB this Saturday. Classifier time with BUG match!

Hey everyone, we will be doing a classifier this Saturday. There will be 90 rounds needed for this. Look at the IDPA web page for details:
    http://www.idpa.com/.

Also, thanks Vicky for reminding me, we will be having a BUG match afterwards. Review the specifications for a BUG gun click on the IDPA link above. You will not need a holster for the BUG match.

New shooter's meeting at 09:30AM, match starts at 10:00AM, and as always, any help in setting up helps us start on time and is always appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Can I use my m&P as a BUG gun for the side-match? I figure I can duct tape/bungee cord it around my ankle or whatever to make it work. I might have to wear sweats to semi-conceal it though... :laugh:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Going to Holiday World this Sat so I won't be there. I may try and take a vacation day for WSSC. I really don't want the Kolonel to be my only match in 2 months.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Going to Holiday World this Sat so I won't be there. I may try and take a vacation day for WSSC. I really don't want the Kolonel to be my only match in 2 months.

I took two half-days on the fridays before to guarantee I'd have both RB and WSSC days off, I need all the practice I can muster before the KK.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I took two half-days on the fridays before to guarantee I'd have both RB and WSSC days off, I need all the practice I can muster before the KK.

I did similar...but the Friday before WSSC is to hit the Fall Festival LOL I will be slightly late to WSSC since Big Man has a soccer game at 10.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So, is anybody going to try for something different or going to try and class up in their normal division? I figure I can run the one I'll take to Sellersberg and give an ESP run a shot and see what happens.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Now we are talking! I want a GoPro but that $299 price tag has stopped me! I keep saying we need more pictures taken at these matches; a little video wouldn't hurt either...especially for the next inductee to Club 4 x 4 !!!

Back in the day, before FaceTube, I was a photojournalist and have tried to keep up with it. I'm happy to bring camera & gear for photographs at RB & WSSC if the powers that be are interested. Gives me another reason to wear the vest!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    So, is anybody going to try for something different or going to try and class up in their normal division? I figure I can run the one I'll take to Sellersberg and give an ESP run a shot and see what happens.

I don't want to mess with a different platform, pistol this close to Sellersburg so will stick with what I plan to run there.
    Question... If we run the classifier and score worse, drop a class, what happens? Do we stay at the higher class?
    Seems there's an opportunity for less scrupulous gamers to drop down?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Back in the day, before FaceTube, I was a photojournalist and have tried to keep up with it. I'm happy to bring camera & gear for photographs at RB & WSSC if the powers that be are interested. Gives me another reason to wear the vest!

Man, that would be unique. An honest reason to wear a photographer's vest to a match:laugh: Might cause issues though "is that a spare mag in your pocket??" "No, just a roll of film."

I don't want to mess with a different platform, pistol this close to Sellersburg so will stick with what I plan to run there.
    Question... If we run the classifier and score worse, drop a class, what happens? Do we stay at the higher class?
    Seems there's an opportunity for less scrupulous gamers to drop down?

You can't drop in classification for scoring lower on the classifier than a previously higher run unless you have a reason (usually medical) that is approved for a drop from HQ.

If you're gonna game, you've gotta do it the first time :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Yeah! Bring it! I think it would make for great documentation for both clubs. It would be cool to look back a few years and see who was shooting with us; I know from looking back on my first couple of IDPA scores that there are very few shooters from that time. A lot of names have come in gone in the 4 1/2 years that I've been shooting IDPA

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah! Bring it! I think it would make for great documentation for both clubs. It would be cool to look back a few years and see who was shooting with us; I know from looking back on my first couple of IDPA scores that there are very few shooters from that time. A lot of names have come in gone in the 4 1/2 years that I've been shooting IDPA

I'll have to admit, when I first started getting interested in handguns and decided to get my Ltch, a friend to me I should get hold of Dusty (who I hadn't talked to in a couple years) , he was all big into guns, shooting, etc. I found him on Facebook and saw some photos of IDPA stages which piqued my interest and now own a couple pistols, reloading/casting equipment and made some pretty cool friends out here at the ranges.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana

Roger that, I'll bring it & see if the ranges / shooters on the squad are ok with it (Ranges from legal perspective, shooters from pucker perspective :):). Will find somewhere to post them so people can grab whichever images they want

Top Bottom