• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I ignored prior advice re: watching training videos and got a 1 month subscription to Panteao Production's online video library.
    I love it when Vogel, after blazing through an exercise, turns to the camera and says "Just like that".
    Who knew it was that easy?!
    I'll take away a few nuggets but regardless, that guy is crazy fun to watch!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I ignored prior advice re: watching training videos and got a 1 month subscription to Panteao Production's online video library.
    I love it when Vogel, after blazing through an exercise, turns to the camera and says "Just like that".
    Who knew it was that easy?!
    I'll take away a few nuggets but regardless, that guy is crazy fun to watch!

Vogel transcends the label "Freak of Nature" when it comes to his shooting ability.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    XD but no "m". 1st generation xd, 4" service model. Figure I will stick with that until after Sellersberg and then make a switch to the G17

That's right...I remember that but force of habit has me with the M in there. You should be more than good to go with the Springfield... you signed up for Sellersberg yet?

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    That's right...I remember that but force of habit has me with the M in there. You should be more than good to go with the Springfield... you signed up for Sellersberg yet?

Yep, signed up and on squad 1 with T.J. and looking forward to it! No expectations at all, just going to have fun, check it out and shoot as well as I can. I'm simple enough and naive enough to not be nervous about it :laugh:

I do like the Springfield a lot, debated long & hard on the G17 as well as a G34 or the XDm 5.25, but practicality led me to the G17!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yep, signed up and on squad 1 with T.J. and looking forward to it! No expectations at all, just going to have fun, check it out and shoot as well as I can. I'm simple enough and naive enough to not be nervous about it :laugh:

I do like the Springfield a lot, debated long & hard on the G17 as well as a G34 or the XDm 5.25, but practicality led me to the G17!

Good deal! And great mindset going into that match. :yesway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just jotted over to check registration on the Kolonel and they are now showing 8 in ESR:rockwoot:Good mix of classes too. I think there's 3 EXs and the SS that is signed on has Silver Creek as his home club and he shoots really clean. Gonna be a good race!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

The world is pretty much your oyster when looking for a good high-quality polymer gun nowadays. You'll get tons of mileage out of both!

I'm not nervous just yet about it...yet LOL I can do a pretty good job of psyching myself up and sometimes out on certain occasions. If I can just keep my mind quiet I should at least do OK for my first and have a good time and that is all I really need to try and attempt. Obviously I want to win. I want to win my class and get a bump to Master (well, maybe not THAT part LOL) but I want to at least feel that I can shoot with the EX guys in SSP...earn my classification score and prove I didn't luck into it.

I am really looking forward to it...should be enough guys from down here that it'll almost feel like home!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    If I can just keep my mind quiet I should at least do OK for my first and have a good time and that is all I really need to try and attempt.

Surprised this is the 1st major for you... as well as you run the gun and as fast as you drive it.

Also thought you made Master at WSSC the other weekend?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Surprised this is the 1st major for you... as well as you run the gun and as fast as you drive it.

Also thought you made Master at WSSC the other weekend?

No, TJ wheelgunned his way to MA and I bettered my previous SSP run. I had hit EX a month ago at 118 but under the new rule book that time wouldn't have made EX so that Saturday at WSSC my goal was to run it in under 110 and I hit a 108 shaving 10 full seconds off my time...same gun just different sights and a different mindset.

I may have the record for number of local matches without ever having attended a Major LOL I've wanted to go but something has always seem to get in the way. My goal this year was to attend 1 Major and shoot in at least 20 IDPA matches. I'll get the Major part out of the way but I hit a string of a few months that work and weather kept me from hitting the range.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    No, TJ wheelgunned his way to MA and I bettered my previous SSP run. I had hit EX a month ago at 118 but under the new rule book that time wouldn't have made EX so that Saturday at WSSC my goal was to run it in under 110 and I hit a 108 shaving 10 full seconds off my time...same gun just different sights and a different mindset.

I may have the record for number of local matches without ever having attended a Major LOL I've wanted to go but something has always seem to get in the way. My goal this year was to attend 1 Major and shoot in at least 20 IDPA matches. I'll get the Major part out of the way but I hit a string of a few months that work and weather kept me from hitting the range.
    yeah, with the terrible weather run we had from feb to about june, plus other life things, that goal died in its infancy. :laugh:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Those of you that reload: What weight do you use? Low, Mid, Top of the range and why?
    I've been using 115 wondering if 124 would work better.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Those of you that reload: What weight do you use? Low, Mid, Top of the range and why?

I currently use 124gr fmj from Montana. I do feel they shoot nicer than factory 115's, for the small quantity I've shot so far...course that may be my reloads/powder combo, for that matter. I'd like to try some 147gr sometime to compare. I think I read somewhere that 9mm was based around the two heavier bullet weights, 115 is just a lighter/cheaper alternative. Not sure how much of that is fact.

On a side note, gonna check out a fiber front for the CZ, but not sure if it'd be better to go with stock width replacement or a new narrower option... 3.1mm and 2.75mm respectively. Any suggestions/comments? I sharpied out the rear dots and it does seem mildly less distracting, plus the pale green painted "night sights" leave something to be desired, not to mention being about half the size of the M&P dots.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana

I've tried 115 & 124. The 115's are hollow base from Winchester and the accuracy I get with them paired with Power Pistol is great, better than anything else I've tried (HP38, AutoComp) I just can't find Power Pistol anywhere anymore!

Hornady 124s are flat base and ok, but can't find a powder combo that gives me the same accuracy

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The pimp load is 147 grain bullets over Titegroup. I'll eventually end up there but for now I like the 124 with Unique. I could back off a bit since I am making some serious PF but right now it isn't necessarily broke so I may not try to fix it before Sellersberg.

Brent, I think I would go with a skinnier front but hat is just me.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The pimp load is 147 grain bullets over Titegroup. I'll eventually end up there but for now I like the 124 with Unique. I could back off a bit since I am making some serious PF but right now it isn't necessarily broke so I may not try to fix it before Sellersberg.

Is pimp load a good thing? :dunno:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I've tried 115 & 124. The 115's are hollow base from Winchester and the accuracy I get with them paired with Power Pistol is great, better than anything else I've tried (HP38, AutoComp) I just can't find Power Pistol anywhere anymore!

Hornady 124s are flat base and ok, but can't find a powder combo that gives me the same accuracy
    I also use Power Pistol... run about 5.6gr over 124gr bullet at about 1.125" OAL, if I recall correctly?

I thought this too, any reasons in particular? I've read it helps picking up targets faster, but it seems like that would be the opposite to my brain (i.e. less room to be sloppy with those wider gaps) :dunno:
    "Pimp Loads" in his case run about 1300 fps, give or take? :rolleyes:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

You betcha it is. Maybe I should have said 'gamer load' instead :D the recoil is incredibly mild out of that recipe. Titegroup produces milder recoil anyway and because you can use so little of it to make power with that big bullet, it makes for an awesome load.

Top Bottom