• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    Just throwing this out there for everyone. Some friends of mine put me on this phone app that tracks your beers, where you drank them, and what you thought about them. I thought it was a really cool app and just wanted to share it with everyone. It is called Untappd. It even gives you little virtual metals for drinking beer and different types of beer. Can even compete with friends on different types of beer. Just wanted to share it!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just throwing this out there for everyone. Some friends of mine put me on this phone app that tracks your beers, where you drank them, and what you thought about them. I thought it was a really cool app and just wanted to share it with everyone. It is called Untappd. It even gives you little virtual metals for drinking beer and different types of beer. Can even compete with friends on different types of beer. Just wanted to share it!

Ugh. My wife uses that crap.

We hit a new place, order a beer, get ready to talk - then out comes the phone. :xmad:

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick

I could pay and leave before she'd notice.

Sorry Nitro, it's the curmudgeonly retro beer snob in me coming out and you inadvertently poked at a sore spot. Just drink your damn beer and enjoy the moment with those around you.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been using the app for several years now, and I love it. I'm the kind of guy that, even if a place has a beer I love, I'll order one that I've never had, simply to try something different, and untappd has been really useful in guiding me to new stuff. I'm almost to 1200 different beers. If you're traveling, it's great for helping find places with a wide variety of beers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Saturday is Fort Wayne's Brewed in the Fort festival. (metaphorically speaking of the city, no one actually within the walls of the fort ;))

My wife will be pouring for Birdboy, but I'll be at home brewing a dunkel weisse beer (double, maybe triple, decoction for those in the know).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last month I was at the Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison, WI along with 5,999 other beer drinkers. Three Floyds had a long line... I just don't see the attraction of it.

There were seven tents, here's picture of just one.
    53433fd25770f.image.jpg

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    My recent beer drinkings are Miller Lite for drinking, Three Floyds "Gumball Head" for a few here and there due to cost and tried an "All Day IPA" that was reasonably priced and good tasting a few nights ago. Will def buy more of that. Been getting into the IPA's more.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I just picked up a Sam Adams winter classics variety pack. I can't say I didn't like any of them. But I really like their Winter Lager. I am going to have to see if I can find this on its own.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Picked up a couple of bottles of Founders "CBS" - Canadian Breakfast Stout. Pretty hard to find, and has pretty good reviews. I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty excited to crack one open!!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Picked up a couple of bottles of Founders "CBS" - Canadian Breakfast Stout. Pretty hard to find, and has pretty good reviews. I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty excited to crack one open!!
    I was lucky enough to win a bottle from my local shop! I'm not into heavy beers as much as I used to be, but I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about. I'm saving mine til Christmas day, so I can let a few others try it, too.:yesway:

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    Looks like my brother and I managed to snag 4 bottles of Bourbon County Stout and 2 of the Barleywine right after we put two gallons of a clone attempt into the fermenter. We could have bought more as the store had 50 bottles and no apparent limit, but since we tend to only crack a bottle every so often (we've only opened one bottle from last year's) and are brewing a clone attempt, we stuck with a respectable number. We picked up some Trip in the Woods along the way as well. The Biere de Garde and Ginger Bigfoot were probably my favorites. The Cocoa Narwhal didn't really do it for me as well as the blackcurrant one from a couple years back. Hopefully I can manage to find the new Narwhal in January, since port barrel sounds good.

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    It's not really the style that I prefer most of the time, but yeah it's a pretty good cream/blonde ale. Usually when I'm drinking from that end of the spectrum as far as degree of roasted grain and hopping I go for a witbier or weissbier

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Ugh. My wife uses that crap.

We hit a new place, order a beer, get ready to talk - then out comes the phone. :xmad:
    I could pay and leave before she'd notice.
    Sorry Nitro, it's the curmudgeonly retro beer snob in me coming out and you inadvertently poked at a sore spot. Just drink your damn beer and enjoy the moment with those around you.

I, like your wife, am one of those annoying people logging all of my beers on Untappd. My main reason for this is to avoid ordering a ****ty beer that I have already had. I am always on the prowl for something new. (After living in Germany and Belgium for 18 months...I have become very picky about beer.) Time in this world is too short to waste on lousy beer.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    My personal choice of beer is very heavy and usually dark. I like the Belgian trippels and quads over just about anything out there.
    The beer snobs of the world will tell you that the Trappist Beers are the best: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappist_beer
    I generally agree but there are some in the list of 11 that I do not like. I have 8 of the 11 and am always on the lookout for the last 3.

My current favorite is the Straffe Hendrick Quad from De Halve Mann:
    IMAG0195.jpg
    Not on the list of 11 but an outstanding brew for those who like 'em dark.
    The trippel is a blonde version that is excellent also.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom