• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I'm hardly a beer snob, but I do enjoy sampling microbrews on occasion, and I have a few favorites among production beers as well.

Depending on mood and food, some of my favorites are:

Guinness Stout
    Wild Blue Blueberry Lager
    Rogue Chocolate Stout
    Yeungling- lager or black and tan (both good. Found out recently that a friend is related to the founders.)
    Corona - with a side saddle of Jack.
    BBC's Bourbon Barrel Stout

Not a fan of IPA's in general, but there's a few out there I've enjoyed.

Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Mashcraft in Greenwood has an excellent IPA, can't remember the name of it, but it is very good and one of my favorites.
    Mashcraft Brewery in Greenwood... No TVs, just great craft beers and you can order food and have it delivered to their location. The Callisto which is brewed in January and July with a supply lasting about a month each time is a great beer with 9.1% alcohol brewed with apricots. It reminds me of a Blue Moon. I bought several growlers while supplies lasted to replace my favorite (total opposite) Busted Knuckle Ale from Quaff On! Next on the list to try is right across the street from Mashcraft is the Hot and Fire Tap House!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hit the Sun King Anniversary Party Saturday night.

I was happy that Nikki Lane came back to see me. I know she was really torn up about me refusing to see her all this time. Not sure how she continues to press on without me.:D

Great beer. Great time. My State Senator addressed the crowd. I had a Pacer Pale Ale and a Grapefruit Jungle. Bought GFJ on site and brought it home.

We had dinner at The Tap. Excellent as always. Had a Daredevil Slipstream APA there.

Go check out Nikki Lane. She was fantastic.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    i grew up about an hour from the yeungling brewery. back home we called it pottsville pi$$ water since its made with water from the schuylkill river. the black and tan and octoberfest arent too bad. i dont go for the plain lager though. if i drink lighter its corona or labatts typically. i prefer the darker brews. my current favorite is Bad Elmer's porter from Upland Brewing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i grew up about an hour from the yeungling brewery. back home we called it pottsville pi$$ water since its made with water from the schuylkill river. the black and tan and octoberfest arent too bad. i dont go for the plain lager though. if i drink lighter its corona or labatts typically. i prefer the darker brews. my current favorite is Bad Elmer's porter from Upland Brewing.

I'll agree its not the best beer out there. But compared to typical domestic swill, its good. I think its the best beer for the buck. It is darker than most, with good body and taste. I can only find the same fullness in premiums like Sam Adams or imports. (or microbrews)

3 Floyds, Triton, etc are awesome. But they are also double the cost. (or more)

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Yea I can't drink the common crap. Bud gives me a headache, Miller turns my stomach...Coors is just flavored water...

Some of the same Adams is good. I like their cold snap and October fest

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Three Floyds: Battle of Charro II. It's an Imperial IPA. Wait, no it's got cherries in it. Wait, a sour?

Three sips and I'm hooked. This cherry IIPA brett is not your granddad's beer, but then he was more of a whiskey drinker anyway.

No ABV marked on the bottle. My guess is in the neighborhood of 8%. Funky and yummy.

ETA: The googlewebs tells me this is 10.8%. Perhaps my palate is a bit off. Nah... drinks like an 8% ;-)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been drinking a lot of Sierra Nevada Tropical torpedo lately. Really nice, not too heavy IPA, with a great citrusy up front flavor. It's becoming my go to beer, at least until I head to Florida in a couple weeks to haul back some JaiAlai!

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Just started...and finished a bourbon county from goose island. BIL got for me last Christmas, so aged about 8 1/2 months past bottling. 13.8% plus aging...sheesh I feel funny.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just enjoyed my first "Golden Pheasant" Czech beer. Outstanding. Similar to Pilsner Urquell. My wife surprised me with this beer after a long drive home. She bought it at Vine and Table in Carmel. If you like European beers, give this a try.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I got to visit one of my bucket list breweries today! Cigar city brewing in Tampa was amazing! Took the tour of the facility, which was $8 per person, including 4 or 5 nice sized samples in a take home glass. We had a great tour guide that loved to talk, and was in no hurry about showing us around, our 45 minute tour lasted an hour and a half. Aside from the fantastic Jai Alai IPA, we had samples of maduro brown ale, tocobaga red, lord palmerston IPA, and an amazing brew called Lue Gim Gong, which is a pale ale, it was actually better than Jai Alai!

We also hit the yuengling brewery, which was a great tour, too, but dang, Cigar City far exceeded my expectations!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ran into a fellow INGOer at a beer place today. Be bought some Zombie Dust and gave me one. It's cooling right now. I'll report back when I try it.

Last edited:

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I had the Irish Hill this past weekend at Indiana City Brewery in downtown Indy. It is my favorite beer from them so far!
    If you have never been to Indiana City take time to check it out. The tap room is cool! The building was the bottling house of the The Home Brewing Company from 1880 to 1920.

Top Bottom