• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I'd like to say there is a cool story behind this, but in reality I just had to park in the wet grass last night so some guests could park in the driveway.... Had to make an oil run this morning...

Park that on grass, roll down the windows, and I would swear it just came off the track.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Geez.... Enabler....

One thing I found out is the early 6.0s had iron heads and a couple other little differences that make them a little more difficult to use. I haven't figured out exactly when the changes took place, but know if I stick around the 03-04 I am good. In 05 I believe they went to drive by wire so I'd have to swap the TB..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Geez.... Enabler....

One thing I found out is the early 6.0s had iron heads and a couple other little differences that make them a little more difficult to use. I haven't figured out exactly when the changes took place, but know if I stick around the 03-04 I am good. In 05 I believe they went to drive by wire so I'd have to swap the TB..

The 6.0 in my 04 has ally heads.
    But you can not have it.....:p

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The 6.0 in my 04 has ally heads.
    But you can not have it.....:p
    That's just mean...

I actually found a 2500 van with acceptable mileage and cheap. Doesn't say which engine is in it though... I've run across those 3/4 ton vans with the 4.3 v6 before... And the van is trashed, doubt the engine was cared for. Plus I really don't want to have to pull an engine out then figure out what to do with the rest of the van.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's just mean...

I actually found a 2500 van with acceptable mileage and cheap. Doesn't say which engine is in it though... I've run across those 3/4 ton vans with the 4.3 v6 before... And the van is trashed, doubt the engine was cared for. Plus I really don't want to have to pull an engine out then figure out what to do with the rest of the van.

Tow it to a side street and "Run Forrest"

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    If I could find somebody that would let me race it around on a dirt track, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

A few years ago, I could have possibly hooked you up.

Looks like we can start a go fund me and rent Paragon Speedway for you. $500 for 2 cars but no mention of how long.

Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Mentone
    My first car was a 23 T-bucket that my dad and I built together when I was 15 years old. The bad thing was we got it done before I got my licence so he had to drive my car to car shows and I just rode along. Once I did get my license he ended up building his own T-bucket.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My first car was a 23 T-bucket that my dad and I built together when I was 15 years old. The bad thing was we got it done before I got my licence so he had to drive my car to car shows and I just rode along. Once I did get my license he ended up building his own T-bucket.

That is very cool but winter and "T" buckets are not compatible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom